Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
HELLO!
Wsplit glitched out on me so bad today. That experiment is a bust. Back to Dunnius. even though I'll miss the configurability. Smiley
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
I use this, simple as hell and reliable:

http://www.qqtimer.net/

Press spacebar to start, spacebar again to stop.
HELLO!
Yeah before Dunnius's I was using this: http://www.w00ty.com/sda/timer/
Some new stuff in the timer, let me know if anyone is interested in helping w/ coding or testing.

What's new:

You can open any wsplit file now with the FIle->Open menu.
You can undo a split.
You can skip over a split.
If you do your last split which stops the timer on accident, you can undo that split, and the timer will continue as if it had never been stopped.
You can increase and decrease the text size.
You can reset the timer.
If you resize it vertically the splits that don't fit will hide while the timer is still shown, and you can scroll all the splits with the mousewheel.

Screenshots:

http://screencast.com/t/ps31snfV

Video:

http://screencast.com/t/EfOVnKwSqr
torch slug since 2006
id like to try your timer ewaller. unfortunately i am literally retarded when it comes to compiling and stuff, so if you could just send me whatever it is i run, that'd be great!
HELLO!
Oh wow, I really need to dig into this this weekend.
Thanks for the interest. I uploaded a build of the current version at https://github.com/wallerdev/Splits/downloads

You can go there and click Splits.app.zip and it should download it in a zip file for you. You'll need a wsplit file to load. Use File->Open to load the wsplit file when you have one.

Let me know if it works or if you run into any issues. This is a really early version so there's still a lot missing.
torch slug since 2006
worked great on my mac mini 2011 running 10.8.2.
bugs i noticed, might be on my side only but im listing them anyway:

* Command P (pause) dosent do anything
* import wsplit dosent do anything

feature suggestions: reset counter, customizable hotkeys (you are probably working on this already).. other than that, im happy with it. good job
Wow, thanks for testing so quickly. Yeah there's no pausing implemented and the Import WSplit menu doesn't do anything yet either haha :).

I'm currently working on saving/loading of files, but I'll probably be working on your suggestions soon after that.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:50:19 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:49:50 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:49:23 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:49:07 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:48:58 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:33:28 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:31:32 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:31:19 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:31:09 pm
dunnius: 2012-10-26 10:30:10 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
I haven't been idle, I've been rather busy with work so I haven't had much time to work on this.  I am nearly done with my code cleanup, which naturally I have started with the windows version.  Once I am finished, updating the Mac version will be easier because I am moving a fair amount of code to the engine where it belongs, and making the remainder a bit more portable.

Here is an update for the Windows version with some changes that had been requested for a while:
I added a timer mode, which the program starts with.  I added a mode for the timer to show 2 finishing times for a race, useful for marathons.  Hitting a split saves the time for the first place, and then hit it again for the second place.  This race mode is off by default, but can be turned on in the ini file.
I put back the title bar so that the program can be moved around.  That will teach me to try to be fancy.
I added the ability to resize the form for better control of display.  It will automatically do scrolling if needed.
I added a feature to hide/show the attempts counter.
I am now handling the multiple lines of the headers manually so that there is no display problems.
I fixed the time editing of the best split so that it works properly.  It operates differently from the normal splits.
I fixed some minor display errors.
HELLO!
I think it's so great for the community that there's so much activity going on. Thank you both again.
HELLO!
Tried ewaller's software tonight.  Interesting concept: having a core app that spits out html like that.

Also seems stable, though the hotkeys need work.  Cmd-t and cmd-arrowkey are not really live speedrun friendly in my view Smiley

Hopefully we can get the best of both codebases merged.
Quote from presjpolk:
Wsplit glitched out on me so bad today. That experiment is a bust. Back to Dunnius. even though I'll miss the configurability. Smiley

Was this what happened to your wsplit?
http://www.twitch.tv/hsanrb/c/1715232

Started snapping back and forth incontrolably.
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2012-10-28 03:10:45 am
HELLO!
Yes that's precisely what mine did. Looping in a time period. Only fortunately wasn't that far into a run. Smiley
Quote from presjpolk:
Tried ewaller's software tonight.  Interesting concept: having a core app that spits out html like that.

Also seems stable, though the hotkeys need work.  Cmd-t and cmd-arrowkey are not really live speedrun friendly in my view Smiley

Hopefully we can get the best of both codebases merged.

Thanks for trying it out, what would you prefer for the hotkeys? I'll be adding a menu to configure the global hotkeys, but I wasn't sure what you consider speedrun friendly for the defaults.
HELLO!
I think straight, un-modified keys are best for in-app hotkeys.

For globals, I think it's best to have characters very close to command.

So in app, I'd want space for start/split, delete for undo split, stuff like that.

For globals, maybe cmd-. for start/split, cmd-/ for undo split, cmd-, for pause/resume.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-10-31 12:50:55 am
dunnius: 2012-10-30 11:54:47 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
Here is another update for the Windows version with the ability to customize the layout and have images for splits.

For each split in the split file, the image location is in the first column of the second line.
In the ini file, ImageSize controls how many pixels tall/wide the images are.

As for customizing the layout, there are many settings in the ini file for fonts, font sizes, colors, row heights, column widths, and also the corner where the timer appears, in addition to customized hotkeys.

The code cleanup is done, so now I can begin updating the Mac version.
torch slug since 2006
ewaller, another suggestion: less decimals, or atleast the option to change it.

about hotkeys: my personal favorites are numpad 0 for start/split, numpad + for pause, numpad * for reset.
Edit history:
Rebcart: 2012-11-02 07:12:21 pm
Rebcart: 2012-11-02 07:11:19 pm
I can't seem to get any timers (mainly WSplit) to work with DOSBox, but it works fine with any other game I use it with (other than Fallout New Vegas on Steam). Yes I do have hotkeys set up in WSplit and they work with other games. Is there a reason for this? I've tried different output options and priority options in the conf files for the DOSBox games but nothing seems to work. It seems like the game is stealing all priority from any other program that tries to receive input.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-11-02 10:36:28 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
DOSBox?  It seems like you should use VirtualBox instead.  But I am curious if Time Split Tracker would work since it has more compatibility with older systems.

I have started updating the Mac version, but I have been a bit busy with work, so it will be a little while before I get an update.
Quote from dunnius:
DOSBox?  It seems like you should use VirtualBox instead.

I've seen other folks using WSplit and DOSBox together and having it work just fine... I've tried numerous games and none of them are accepting my WSplit hotkeys while focus is on DOSBox.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-11-05 01:36:44 am
Intruding N313 and F014
Update that fixes 2 minor display errors (wrong colors and a tiny window size change because of Windows 7)
I also fixed the code that reads the split file to allow a blank notes line.
We require more minerals
Quote from Rebcart:
Quote from dunnius:
DOSBox?  It seems like you should use VirtualBox instead.

I've seen other folks using WSplit and DOSBox together and having it work just fine... I've tried numerous games and none of them are accepting my WSplit hotkeys while focus is on DOSBox.

I'm having a similar problem with Mark of the Ninja, where WSplit doesn't accept the hotkeys while the focus is on MotN even with global hotkeys enabled. Works with other games, but not MotN. I've been using kazami timer, but the splits are awkward and I'd really like the horizontal split functionality of wsplit for streaming.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-11-07 05:24:42 pm
dunnius: 2012-11-07 05:24:02 pm
dunnius: 2012-11-07 05:21:49 pm
dunnius: 2012-11-07 05:21:35 pm
dunnius: 2012-11-07 05:15:49 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
Raelcun, can you try Time Split Tracker out and see if it works well with DOSBox?  It has a horizontal mode, BTW.

Edit: Ah, you need global hotkeys.  Can someone tell me how that would be done with C++ so I can implement it?
Thanks for releasing a split timer for OS X, dunnius.  Really glad to see people filling the void.  Looking forward to the updates.

There's something that bugs me about it, though (apart from lack of some features you're already working on).  Whenever I load a split file, the words "Attempts" and "Sessions" are behind the timer.  I can resize the window so it looks better, but it reverts every time I load a split file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9ynm8o31uwao8a/TST.png