Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 14 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
HELLO!
Not right now.  Time Split Tracker was going to be competitive but we haven't heard from Dunnius in a while, sadly.  So right now it's not close.
Hey there. First time poster, long time lurker. Is anyone able to attatch the most recent version of WSplit to a post in this thread? It's just for some unknown reason I am unable to access Mediafire. Appreciate anyone who accepts Cheesy
Edit history:
niofji: 2013-04-26 05:29:59 pm
i may be dumb but how do you set splits on time split tracker?on a mac
HELLO!
Look at the sample split files, make a copy of one, and edit it following the same format. Smiley
Who is that guy?
So I used Wsplit for a while when I had the beta of Windows 8, but when that ran out a few months ago I switched to Linux Mint and could not find a timer/stopwatch program that was decent. So I've just been running games the old fashioned way with a long timer until the end. I was going to see if the creator of Wsplit could help me and/or see about making a version for Linux, buuuut I see that he is no longer active and I can't find a way to contact him. After reading through the thread I see that Xunkar works on Llanfair, then I see that it is multi platform and I'm like hell yes. Then I try to download it and it's not there :(. So to you Xunkar I say thank you for making a cross platform timer, and then I say can you please fix the download link for the 1.3 version for me :). Keep up the great work and I hope to use it soon.
Who is that guy?
So after a short look afterwards I see that you have moved your site lol, and that you have a newer version. I'm dumb. I'll let you know if I have any problems.
Who is that guy?
I did have problems, and it wasn't your program lol. Linux Mint has shitty java apps that won't run it, and actual Java isn't supported by Linux Mint. So I am in the process of switching to Ubuntu, that's right, I'm switching operating systems just to get a good timer lol.
Who is that guy?
Well after hours of transfering my stuff to a safe location and switching operating systems, I finally got it to work. Thank you for making it cross platform. You just made my day. I now have a good timer again. Keep up the good work.
torch slug since 2006
just for the record, there is a edit button, so you dont have to post 4 times !
Hi All,

first i would like to thank the creators of Wsplit, because this app is just amazing. However there is some feature which does not seem to be implemented in it which i would love to have access to.

Tu problem is simple : i am currently running a game, and this game is quite long. As a consequence i decided that i will cut the game into 5 parts, each of these should be 4/5 h longs. Of course, i'm not gonna run the game in 1 segment each time, so what i would like (and what would be the best for my viewers also) would be that when i begin the second part, the time when i finished the first is the begining. There are several way to achieve it :

- that when i shut down Wsplit, it remembers the "pause time" when i paused it and remembers it for the next time i launch it
- to allow that the timer can start at another time than 0 (or delay)

However i was not able to make any of these, and so i would like to know if you would have a solution to that.

Best,
KaD
Who is that guy?
Quote from DJS:
just for the record, there is a edit button, so you dont have to post 4 times !

I eventually just PM'd him lol.
Exoray
Quote from KaD:
first i would like to thank the creators of Wsplit, because this app is just amazing. However there is some feature which does not seem to be implemented in it which i would love to have access to.

I believe wsplit is no longer maintained (made by a community member) but there are other programs out there that you can try and contact the authors for.
Also I merged your thread with the existing timer stopwatch thread.
Intruding N313 and F014
Quote from KaD:
Hi All,

Tu problem is simple : i am currently running a game, and this game is quite long. As a consequence i decided that i will cut the game into 5 parts, each of these should be 4/5 h longs. Of course, i'm not gonna run the game in 1 segment each time, so what i would like (and what would be the best for my viewers also) would be that when i begin the second part, the time when i finished the first is the begining. There are several way to achieve it :

- that when i shut down Wsplit, it remembers the "pause time" when i paused it and remembers it for the next time i launch it
- to allow that the timer can start at another time than 0 (or delay)

However i was not able to make any of these, and so i would like to know if you would have a solution to that.

Best,
KaD

My Time Split Tracker program (Windows version) has that feature.  There is a link to it on a previous page.

I am currently away as I have other things that need my attention at this time.
HELLO!
GASP glad to see you're well enough to post sir.
I hope the Mac version for Time Split Tracker reads the .ini file soon, is an extremely good timer but still not configurable Sad
Intruding N313 and F014
In the meantime, you can install WineBottler (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org) and run the attached app which is a container for the exe, and runs it with Wine.  The running folder should be ~/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Time Split Tracker/drive_c/winebottler/ which is the default location for the time split files.  This is made with the older version of WineBottler that runs on 32 bit; I don't know if an app created with the 64 bit version would run better on a 64 bit machine.  It is easy to make your own app from the exe, and a smaller download since the app has so much overhead.

Time Split Tracker runs great with Wine; I've been using that for my Mac streaming for a long time.  I found WineBottler a few days ago because I need to reinstall Wine, and I wanted it prebuilt.  This works great, and the concept of an app shell is interesting.
Talking of Wine, I found some troubles getting WSplit to work in GNU/Linux and after some tries I got it working almost flawlessly.  So I'll share how I did it in case someone needs it and I guess it would also work in Mac:

I started with the winetricks script which comes very handy when installing Windows components. Apparentely WSplit needs .Net Framework 3.5 so the command "winetricks dotnet35sp1" is enough. In my case, that installed previous versions first and got stuck on the last one. So I manually installed it. I've tried that a few times to be sure if that's everything needed and I think msxml3 prevent from the 3.5 installer from crashing. Not sure though. Also I installed first the 4.0 version, I haven't tried without it. Finally, if the 3.5 version is instaled, it should work. There was a problem with the digital clock but after vcrun2005 and vcrun2008 seems to works fine, otherwise it's possible to disable it and use the default font from some of the menues. I added a WineHQ page so it's possible to keep track of how it works and possible fixes (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28803).

That's all, I hope someone with a similar problem find this solution useful.
Pretty new to speedrunning.
Can't get WSplit to work with WineBottler, since .NET won't install with Winetricks nor manually. Do you have a possible download link to a working version, russo?
HELLO!
Llanfair going open source in the next major version. RIP WSplit.
Will Llanfair ever get a fallback timer option like wsplit has? I really can't use Llanfair because it runs too fast on my computer with no way to correct it.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2013-09-23 04:16:19 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
Have you tried using my Time Split Tracker?  Its method of timing should be accurate.  That was the main things when I wrote the program.

I guess I should link to my previous post that has the download for both the Windows and Mac versions.
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/timerstopwatch_program_256.html#timerstopwatch_program_262

Edit: With that, I realize I need to get back on this.  I am now rewriting the main engine again to clean it up further.  I am also going to try to wrap the display code as much as possible to make it easier to port.
HELLO!
Quote from Caracarn:
Will Llanfair ever get a fallback timer option like wsplit has? I really can't use Llanfair because it runs too fast on my computer with no way to correct it.

Once version 2 is open the community will be able to enhance it any way we want.  Right now the Llanfair developer is doing a restructuring of the program to allow for multiple timers and different settings per set of splits.
Im using Wsplit but I wonder, is there a way to increase the text size of the splits? it seems really small... I can increase the timer size but not the splits.
torch slug since 2006
Quote from stevenk92:
Im using Wsplit but I wonder, is there a way to increase the text size of the splits? it seems really small... I can increase the timer size but not the splits.

http://wsplitmod.blogspot.se/2012/11/to-modify-wsplits-font-youll-need.html

its for changing the font type, but maybe you can find font size in there.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2013-10-06 02:42:04 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
My Time Split Tracker has the ability to easily customize the fonts via ini file.

By the way I am almost done rewriting the program (Windows version only since I no longer have XCode) and will begin the process of releasing it open source.  The code should be easy to port to the Mac since I moved the calculations to the engine.
The new version will make it easier to modify the split file and the ini settings by doing that in the program.