--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
bmn: 2011-09-07 06:33:43 pm
bmn: 2011-09-07 06:33:39 pm
bmn: 2011-09-07 06:30:23 pm
Hi Wodanaz ur stuff is kool. Actually, I'm surprised just how good WSplit is, so big up 2 u for making such a kool app.

I got a bug for you in how WS handles missing splits. Say you have:

1: Has time
2: Has time
3: No time
4: No time
5: Has time

After split 1 is completed, as expected the status at the bottom says "prev segment" and the appropriate time. After split 2, however, there is nothing in the status when there should be. After split 3, there is no status, which is correct behaviour. Then after split 4, the status is "prev segment +0.0", before split 5 returns to the normal behaviour.

My guess is that whether the status appears or not, is currently based on whether the current segment has a time, when it should be based on the previous segment instead.
Edit history:
Wodanaz: 2011-09-11 02:47:22 am
Quote from bmn:
Hi Wodanaz ur stuff is kool. Actually, I'm surprised just how good WSplit is, so big up 2 u for making such a kool app.

I got a bug for you in how WS handles missing splits. Say you have:

1: Has time
2: Has time
3: No time
4: No time
5: Has time

After split 1 is completed, as expected the status at the bottom says "prev segment" and the appropriate time. After split 2, however, there is nothing in the status when there should be. After split 3, there is no status, which is correct behaviour. Then after split 4, the status is "prev segment +0.0", before split 5 returns to the normal behaviour.

My guess is that whether the status appears or not, is currently based on whether the current segment has a time, when it should be based on the previous segment instead.

Can you clarify, are these missing times in the file or do you mean skipping segments during the live run? I think I addressed the latter and forgot to consider the former. I'll have a look at it later, thanks for telling me.

Edit: slightly bigger update is already pending that will take a moderate chunk of free time to do so this bug fix will take a little while to come out, sorry
Sandbagging
If it has customizable colors I'll build you an avatar in my closet wodanaz :s
Yeah, missing times in the file. It's not exactly a major bug, so no rush.
Not a walrus
You ever give any thought to making it store things in a database?

Something like this maybe?
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
You ever give any thought to making it store things in a database?

Something like this maybe?

I actually have thought about storing attempt data and providing more statistical analysis and run histories and stuff (complete with graphs showing improvement over time). At the moment I'm not excited about the idea enough to do it (I don't think most users would get much out of it) but if I end up bored in the future it might be something I would do for fun anyway. I have noticed, though, that segment times are rarely kept tidy since people get into the game and forget their split. I wouldn't want to distract from the game by making someone think too much about their timer just to make sure their statistics are clean. Like I said though, it's a possibility for sure.
Edit history:
Wodanaz: 2011-09-13 11:14:47 pm
Wodanaz: 2011-09-13 10:59:10 pm
here goes:

- added: right-click -> "Display Settings" -> "Set colors..."
- fixed: previous segment delta display bug
- fixed: "restore defaults" not updating the "checked" properties of menu settings

download link: WSplit 1.4.0.1 (tiny fix, status bar segment ahead/behind times were backwards, oops)

current limitation: the background display functions darken colors, so setting bright backgrounds won't work very well right now. this will be addressed later.

disclaimer: user bears all responsibility when applying ungodly hideous colors like fuchsia and cyan.
Fucking Weeaboo
This thing just keeps getting more and more awesome. Smiley
Arrested for felony abuse of emotes
Now we need to get this working on a Mac natively... >>
heads up:

the initial color customization was just the first phase (exposing color options in all the places I had colors set before). the second phase (working on it) will improve color customization by directly configuring both gradient and plain background colors rather than all being derived from one color and then darkened in different ways. this won't be hard but it's a little tedious for me since it's triple the background settings and I have to calculate my defaults for all of them.
I've never used it, but I've seen it being used and it's really a nice piece of work. Keep it up! Smiley
I don't even know what the fuck this is
Quote from Wodanaz:
disclaimer: user bears all responsibility when applying ungodly hideous colors like fuchsia and cyan.

it's about to get a lot worse than that motherFUCKER
OK so it turned out I was really bored tonight and finished the other phase.

- expanded background color customization options (both gradient colors + plain background color settings)

download link: WSplit 1.4.1 (if you've used a previous 1.4 version, default colors may not appear correctly. if so, please go to the set color dialog and use "Restore Defaults")

the expanded options make color customization take a bit more time, but you get proper full control now so it's worth it.

Sandbagging
I love you unconditionally :s
I don't even know what the fuck this is
YAY!!!!!
this is what i like
Bug/feature request: Wsplit does not remember how much you have vertically resized your timer. I like to keep the height of my wsplit at a specific value, and don't like having to resize stuff every time. Also Wsplit does not get skinnier than 124px, would be nice if I could have minimum width be 120px.
Quote from Tranquilite:
Bug/feature request: Wsplit does not remember how much you have vertically resized your timer. I like to keep the height of my wsplit at a specific value, and don't like having to resize stuff every time. Also Wsplit does not get skinnier than 124px, would be nice if I could have minimum width be 120px.

done

- added: clock height/width saved (globally for timer and compact modes; run-specific for detailed mode)
- changed: minimum clock size rounded down to 120x25
- changed: "load most recent at start" is now "restore previous session" (no run loaded if you last exited the program without a run loaded)

download link: WSplit 1.4.2

minor note: restore previous session will kick in starting the second time you run the new version since it saves the session on exit now
Edit history:
Tranquilite: 2011-09-17 06:15:39 pm
Excellent, I shower my praises in your general direction.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Wodanaz is the bestest.
Definitely a cool app. You made it in .NET?
Quote from YoukaiDragoon:
Definitely a cool app. You made it in .NET?

yes, C#. it's the first thing I've done with it
tiny update

- splits can be saved when segments were skipped now
- fixed the run delta being displayed with the wrong color in wide/compact mode when losing time on the current segment

download link: WSplit 1.4.2.1

sorry about the skipped-segments limitation lasting so long, I forgot all about it until surreal brought it up recently.

p.s.: to make sure times stay sane for anyone using fastest-to-each-split, any "inconsistent" times are automatically removed after a run (for example, if you previously had a best time of 3:00 on segment four, but completed a run where you skipped segment four and got 2:55 on segment five, the 3:00 time on segment four gets deleted).
nice work, wodanaz

Wouldn't it be possible to save the "best times" when you stop updating them after a segment is skipped? With a true false question taht should be possible.
Meaning u skip segment 4 as said and get a 2:55 on segment five, the former 3:00 best time for seg 4 doesn't change and won't be deleted.
but if you obsolete your old seg 5 time it will still change

Sry if I'm just blabbering, not so good with programming Tongue
Quote from Elren:
nice work, wodanaz

Wouldn't it be possible to save the "best times" when you stop updating them after a segment is skipped? With a true false question taht should be possible.
Meaning u skip segment 4 as said and get a 2:55 on segment five, the former 3:00 best time for seg 4 doesn't change and won't be deleted.
but if you obsolete your old seg 5 time it will still change

Sry if I'm just blabbering, not so good with programming Tongue

This already only applies based on obsoleted times. After best times are updated it checks them for any segments that have best times slower than a future segment's best time and deletes those times since it makes no sense to compare against a slower time than you got on a future segment. This won't come up in the default "fastest overall" mode because times are consistent by default since they always come from one run.