Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
that Metroidvania guy
Maybe I missed this, but is there a way to display the timer as individual split times instead of the total time of the run up to the segment? This isn't really necessary, but I thought it'd be a nicer way to display it if there was a multi-game run (like when Stungun and I did a MMX4-6 Mavericks race the other day). I really like the timer already though, so thanks for putting all this effort into it! Smiley
Quote from Wodanaz:
This already only applies based on obsoleted times. After best times are updated it checks them for any segments that have best times slower than a future segment's best time and deletes those times since it makes no sense to compare against a slower time than you got on a future segment. This won't come up in the default "fastest overall" mode because times are consistent by default since they always come from one run.

I mean in the case u start a run(and timer) midway from a save or the likes, you wouldn't want to get your best times obsoleted.
Ohh and i cannot create new files from scratch anymore, some kind of error occurs. But i can edit an already existing file... strange^^
Professional Second Banana
A feature I wouldn't mind seeing in a future release is some kind of warning prompt if you select Exit and have unsaved data.  I've lost a couple of runs worth of split data due to forgetting to save before exiting the program.
Quote from Elren:
i cannot create new files from scratch anymore, some kind of error occurs.

Quote from puwexil:
A feature I wouldn't mind seeing in a future release is some kind of warning prompt if you select Exit and have unsaved data.  I've lost a couple of runs worth of split data due to forgetting to save before exiting the program.

- fixed critical "new run" crash from last update
- added a confirmation when exiting without saving after setting a new best time

download link: WSplit 1.4.2.2
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
is it possible to get savefiles for color settings just like split saves?
so you can change and load them in newer versions.
Quote from Spirituosa:
is it possible to get savefiles for color settings just like split saves?
so you can change and load them in newer versions.

ok, I'll look into it later tonight
Is PJ
I'd like to see an "attempt" counter that automatically increments by 1 every time you press "start" or "reset" or whatever would make more sense.  Cheesy
Edit history:
Wodanaz: 2011-10-02 09:12:20 pm
Quote from PJ:
I'd like to see an "attempt" counter that automatically increments by 1 every time you press "start" or "reset" or whatever would make more sense.  Cheesy

Visible on the timer itself or just as something you can check in, say, the run editor window? If on the timer, where should it go? In the title? Per session or lifetime (with a reset button obviously)? If it's lifetime you'll most likely need to make sure to save the run file after you're done with a session for the number to update; is that ok?

Edit: Actually, would showing the attempt number where "ready" currently shows before runs work? That's what I'm leaning toward. Or would you want it visible during the whole run for streaming purposes?
Edit history:
PJ: 2011-10-02 10:27:33 pm
PJ: 2011-10-02 10:01:43 pm
Is PJ
I'm not sure, honestly.  I like to keep track of the attempts myself just manually on a pad of paper.  If it were built into the timer it might be something neat for the stream to see after, say, a few weeks of attempts.  So yea, I'd probably prefer something visible instead of something hidden, and it would have to be permanent instead of per session probably.  Remembering to save is no issue.  ^_^

Edit:  I have no preference for location as long as it is visible.  Perhaps others can chime in if anybody else has interest in this feature.

Edit2: Though if the person using the timer is just racing or something and not doing attempts, it would be silly to have an attempts counter.  So I suppose there should be a way to disable it.
done and done

- added save/load for color schemes in the set colors dialog
- added an attempt counter (display optional, off by default)

download link: WSplit 1.4.3

if attempt counter display is enabled, it will appear either in the titlebar of detailed mode or as part of the "ready" message before runs. before a run is started the displayed number is for the attempt you're about to start.
Is PJ
For some reason my digit for seconds is overlapping the digits for milliseconds.  I like the changes, though!  Thanks a bunch!
Quote from PJ:
For some reason my digit for seconds is overlapping the digits for milliseconds.  I like the changes, though!  Thanks a bunch!

I'm not seeing anything like that on mine. Can you take a screenshot for me?
Is PJ
Sure thing:

What kind of system is this running on? Do you have anything running that could be messing with text rendering? Also does the problem go away if you widen it?
Is PJ
This computer is running Windows 7.  No other active programs except Google Chrome and Skype.  Widening does not affect it.
For some reason it seems like your font sizes are larger than they're supposed to be, so something must be causing text to be displayed larger than specified. My guess is the text size setting at Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display. Can you check this for me? I'll start looking for a workaround.

Attachment:
Is PJ
That did the trick!  This laptop was on the "medium" font size for some reason, and that was the culprit.  It looks perfectly fine now.  Thanks for the help!  ^_^
Edit history:
Wodanaz: 2011-10-03 01:43:01 am
Wodanaz: 2011-10-03 01:37:33 am
Quote from PJ:
That did the trick!  This laptop was on the "medium" font size for some reason, and that was the culprit.  It looks perfectly fine now.  Thanks for the help!  ^_^

No problem, thanks for showing this to me. I'll try to fix this so people who want/need to leave their text size set higher won't have a problem.

Edit: fixed and uploaded, it should look the same no matter what the DPI setting is in windows now.  I was oblivious and my font sizes were set in points (subject to DPI) instead of pixels (fixed size).

Also (sorry for not replying on this earlier Romscout) regarding showing segment times instead of overall times: I'll have to think about how to do this best, but if you want in the meantime you can use advanced detailed view with segment times displayed and select "Live time" as the only column.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
aww thank you ! :3
When setting colors, trying to restore defaults gives an error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

53, 70, 17 is not a valid value for Int32.

Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: 53, 70, 17 is not a valid value for Int32. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
  at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
  at System.ComponentModel.Int32Converter.FromString(String value, NumberFormatInfo formatInfo)
  at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
  at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromString(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, String text)
  at System.Drawing.ColorConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
  at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFrom(Object value)
  at WSplit.CustomizeColors.defaultColorsButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WSplit
    Assembly Version: 1.4.3.1
    Win32 Version: 1.4.3.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Laptop/Bureaublad/Timers/WSplit/WSplit%201.4.3.1/WSplit.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
k2nli83x
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Edit history:
YoukaiDragoon: 2011-10-06 08:49:48 am
Wodanaz, I think I saw earlier that you have to have .net installed to run wsplit. Does that mean that wsplit is a .net console app? I'm a .net web developer, haven't done any console development yet but I'd love to help with development if you need any, even if it's just brainstorming the best way to program some enhancements. I would also be interested to look at the code if you don't mind.

Also, I own a website I would be willing to provide you with a permanent place to host wsplit for download and FTP access so you could update the file. Let me know if you are interested.
Quote from Nkiller:
When setting colors, trying to restore defaults gives an error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

53, 70, 17 is not a valid value for Int32.

Thanks for reporting this.  This should hopefully fix the problem (yay multiculturalism):

- fixed: restore default colors crashes in locales not using comma as a list separator

download link: WSplit 1.4.3.2

Youkai: wsplit is a .NET WinForms application written in C#. I'll think about putting up the source but it's a bit of a mess and sparsely commented so it would probably be more tedious than it's worth to look through. As far as development and hosting go I think I'm ok for now but thanks for the offers and I'll let you know.
Yay, that fixed it! Thanks Wodanaz! (:
Awesome program, shoot me a pm if ever need any help with development, been doing .NET/C# for years, not so much WinForms anymore though.
Edit history:
ExtremeYoshiFan: 2011-10-10 07:06:20 am
ExtremeYoshiFan: 2011-10-10 07:06:20 am
ExtremeYoshiFan: 2011-10-10 07:05:53 am
ExtremeYoshiFan: 2011-10-08 04:48:03 pm
Wodanaz, I threw together a quick Icon for you. If you don't want to use it that is fine, but I dislike the default windows icon, so I would prefer if you would give the program an icon of some sort.

Anyway, I have to say thank you for such a great and useful program.
Attachment: