Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Hoy was giving me both extremes of his luck last night. I had a stupidly good run that got to Narcis, but then he dodged a vital punch and cost me my entire lead. I then decided to sabotage my run by attempting the TAS strat because I wanted the run to be over, but then this happened. I then later botched the Nick counter, so it didn't really matter; the run was not meant to be. Later that night I got this.

http://www.twitch.tv/zallard1/c/1945128

I was pretty annoyed by how bad the luck was for Hoy and Nick, but I'm not complaining! I just wish Hoy weren't so close to 20 seconds is all. I'm gonna start getting desperate for time gains soon, so if I'm not ahead by the Macho Man fight, the new rule is to go all out on the fight by attempting the risky strategy to get a sizable lead. Sub 3 is on the horizon.

Also, I'll post this highlight while I'm at it. I think Narcis and Hoy are friends or something. Both of 'em were doing bizarre stuff luck-wise the other night.
Speedrunner
Your dedication has motivated me to finish segment 4. I had 3 runs today get to Rick but he dodged my super punches (one was on the last punch, pretty devastating). Is there a way to ensure he doesn't dodge?
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Unfortunately not that I know of; he seems to just dodge at his leisure. I don't think this game has ways to manipulate opponent's actions like in MTPO by holding up or down, but I could be wrong. You could always try to contact the TASers of this game to double check though, I just kind of brute forced the RNG in my favor with resets. I'm really glad to see you motivated to finish your run finally! I'm impressed with the standards you're holding for the Special Circuit segment and I wish you the best on completing it.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from zallard1:
I'm impressed with the standards you're holding for the Special Circuit segment and I wish you the best on completing it.

QFT.

I got too frustrated with the special circuit and settled probably before I should have.  But you two are doing great.  I'm jealous, but I will be back on things within a few more months...
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
DK, there are gonna be some plans for a certain SPO run in the upcoming months for all the SPO runners to participate in. Just need to iron out a couple of strategies first, then I'll talk a bit more about it.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from zallard1:
DK, there are gonna be some plans for a certain SPO run in the upcoming months for all the SPO runners to participate in. Just need to iron out a couple of strategies first, then I'll talk a bit more about it.

Huh?
Quote from Heidrage:
Huh?
And I just hooked up my SNES again!  thumbsup  I'll be right here on the edge of my seat, holding my breath...
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from Heidrage:
Huh?

Quote from doicm:
Quote from Heidrage:
Huh?

Quote from zallard1:
...in the upcoming months... Just need to iron out a couple of strategies first, then I'll talk a bit more about it.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Huh?
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-03-06 01:01:28 am
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/zallard1/c/1993853

I'm so close to sub 3 I can smell it. Now all the time lost from Hoy is now transferred to Narcis. I wouldn't be suprised if the next time I get a PB, I get sub 3. I'm not sure if I'll settle with "just" sub 3, but as long as I get nice fights all around, I'd be more convinced to submit my SS run.
Edit history:
DK28: 2013-03-08 08:30:52 pm
I smell what you're cookin'!

And you know Narcis is worse than Hoy...  Tongue
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I was trying to cook up a new record, but I kept burning all the potential sub 3's from last night by executing incorrectly; nobody likes burnt toast. I guess it was just one of those days...

Oh I know DK... I know. Narcis was giving me decent luck in my past runs... but lately he's been showing his true colors in recent SS attempts that have reached him. Him dodging when I'm desperately trying to dizzy him = terrible time and/or reset depending on the pace.
Poverty runner
So as Zallard knows, I've been picking this game up by grinding out each circuit individually in time trial mode. So far I've got acceptable times on most opponents in the first two circuits, but Piston Hurricane still eludes me. How is it you guys so consistently hit 3 body blows in a row when he just blocks mine all the time? Am I missing something here input wise?

Only way I got him to not block my first three body blows is to press up half a second then let go and do a left body blow. But with how input works, sometimes I end up doing a upper jab and don't get the dizzy for some reason?

Also what's the formula behind dizzies exactly? I'm just reproducing what I see in videos, so I'm a bit at a loss when it comes to the theory side of things.
You can somewhat manipulate their blocks by positioning your own blocks. For example, if you want them to block lower and not upper, you start off the round by having your punch position lower (but not actually punching) and then switching to upper a partial second after the fight starts. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but that helps me at least for the beginning of fights.
Poverty runner
Yeah that's what I do to get the first hit in, but after that he blocks all the other punches to the body. Do I need to hold up in between punches or is my timing just off?
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-03-11 06:25:20 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
If you're using the strat that I use in my SS run, you should be chaining all the punches together once you land the first punch (i.e. do not hesitate in-between punches). The only punches you should be hesitating on are the first punch in the fight (for at least 1 frame so their guard is lowered like doicm described), and the super punch to knock him down. It's very likely that your first punch is too late on your attempts such that he's trying to do jabs while you're on your 3rd body blow (he automatically blocks body-blows when he's trying to hit your face).

If you're using the TAS strat or the strat Pokey uses for his IL, then yeah there's one punch that you have to delay a bit, which becomes a pain because if you delay too much he won't get dizzy at all. I'd highly recommend doing the strat that I use in my SS run if you don't care about matching the TAS; the time difference between the 2 strategies is literally one frame, despite one being way more difficult than the other.

I'm going to stream later today. Stop by and I'll show you what I'm doing input-wise if you're still having trouble!
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-03-11 11:51:55 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

Just Hoy bein' Hoy.
Is PJ
Woooow -12.23.  Sorry, zallard.  :/  You're so close, though!  You'll get it soon.
Out of all the possible trolly fighters, I didn't think Hoy would be giving that much trouble. I would've figured like...well, Bob Charlie or Mad Clown.
Edit history:
Egonomics: 2013-03-12 06:39:59 am
Poverty runner
Hoy was on his A game, damn.

Also quick question, I've been looking at your SS strat for Bear Hugger and trying to replicate it, but I can't seem to get the dizzy at the point you do. Is the dizzy based on input timing or something? I swear I'm doing the very same pattern you are (blocked punch to the face, 5 hits, gut, 2 hits, gut, 1 hit 1 super, gut, super) and I don't get the dizzy at all. What am I missing here?
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-03-12 02:48:55 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Yeah, that was probably the biggest lead I had going into Hoy. That attempt was extra soul crushing because I got an early dizzy on Hoy, but somehow Hoy's next move went faster than it normally does in phase 2, despite me not wasting frames on my dizzy. That made him block and attack me and his guard just kind of goes bananas; at that point I had to guess where his guard would be... I guessed wrong.

Bob Charlie was crushing it last night, and Mad Clown isn't too bad outside of him pointing at his stomach. Clown's saving grace is that he has alot of backup strats that can save your fights if he decides to be a jerk. One of the big problems with Hoy is that his guard is random. To get a really fast dizzy on him, you need him to not randomly block your punches, because he shoves you. Dizzies are based on how fast you do damage to him; there's a memory address that takes note of what attacks you inflict, and adds them to a meter. However, that meter depletes constantly, so you have to inflict the damage fast to trigger a dizzy. So when you get shoved, his "dizzy meter" essentially goes back to zero, which is why that fight is so dangerous. When he dodges, it can be bad too, but you can recover from it with a bit more luck.

Also keep in mind that it isn't "just" Hoy that gives trouble. Individually, the chances of getting the luck you need to get decent times aren't too bad, but trying to get the luck all in a row? That's the real problem. It's almost destined that someone isn't going to play nice. Hell, Hoy and Narcis have collectively been crushing runs for the past several attempts that get that far.

To Ego: Like I mention above, that dizzy meter is going down constantly. The key to the SS strategy is to hit Hugger's gut punches as fast as you possibly can. Otherwise you'll almost always come up short on the dizzy meter.
</3

Hoy's wood is just so strong.  Pushing you around...
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Here's the daily dose of Hoy resets for tonight's session...

His wood is clearly too fast to react to.
Poverty runner
Man, I almost had a TAS time on Heike Kagero this morning. Had a 4"98 knockdown and was on pace, but I fucked up the rapid lows. Is there a way to guarantee them hitting or is it just mash as hard as I possible can?

That makes three characters now where I fucked up the TAS time on. Ffffffff.

At least it brings my determination even higher to complete them.