page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 15 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
The swings in the Punch-Out games is silly. Good job holding it together Zallard, you will get your god run when the game cooperates one day.
Yes
Everybody go here now!
http://tasvideos.org/4173S.html
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
HEIKE CAN BE KO'D?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Did a really quick & bad encode of the TAS if people dont want to sync it themselves.

Pardon the occasional chugging; my computer sometimes dislikes BizHawk.
Sick improvements. Time to get busy I suppose.

One down, three to go.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Excellent. Is that fight hard to execute?

Right now I'm trying Rick Bruiser, since grinding out his new phase 1 will help me slightly for SS attempts (plus I need to get more used to SNES timing over VC timing). I forgot how much this fight sucks Sad
It isn't too hard. The two tricky parts are the gut punch after stunning him and the super in phase 2. It looks like you can buffer it but unfortunately you can't.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Rick is irritating, so I was messing with the Heike strat. Got my first ever Heike KO of 10"01.
I don't quite understand Heike's phase 2. How are you supposed to cancel the rapid punches?
Edit history:
zallard1: 2014-01-25 06:59:34 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Phase 2 has a luck component to it. Basically sometimes Heike will dodge, other times he won't.

EDIT: The final punch is pretty bad. It seems super easy to waste all your frames on it.
Ah, I didn't realize there was luck. I was loading a save state and getting the same result every time, lol. I agree, from what I tried it's nasty.
I'm picking Narcis apart at the moment, found the buffer for the punch that puts him into the back of the ring in phase 1. It's just a quick duck, I'd take that over the frame perfect punch any day.
Edit history:
zallard1: 2014-01-25 08:44:11 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
9"94 get

Edit history:
Akiteru: 2014-01-25 08:48:27 pm
Akiteru: 2014-01-25 08:38:38 pm
Narcis buffers:

Punch to back of ring:
buffer: fastest duck, left high punch

First hit after back of ring:
buffer: fastest duck, 3 low left punch, right high punch (pause)

Edit: Uh, either I'm wrong about these buffers or they only work if you counter him a certain way. These aren't 100% certain yet. I've tested them on emulator and they worked correctly but haven't had any luck with them on console.

Congrats on 9"94! I'd say getting 2 of these new times down in one day is pretty sweet.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks! Heike had 2 random events, which I didn't really notice until I tried buffering the super for the final hit. Started to notice that the 2nd dodge Heike can do doesn't always happen; so it's just another random event on top of if Heike dodges the final hit on the rapids.

I'm not even thinking about Narcis at the moment, lol. I'm glad you're looking into it though! I'll try to see if I can figure out what's wrong with your buffers once Rick is taken care of. Speaking of which, I had one attempt that got 9"99 by phase 2, but he dodged the very last punch Sad
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just came to watch the Heike KO. Wanted to see the animations and everything and the wow factor stuff.
Good work so far on those IL's, aki and zallard. Keep up the good work!
Edit history:
Akiteru: 2014-01-25 09:47:17 pm
Thanks doicm!

Got 2 10"67s using the new strat, and both times I lost a frame in phase 1. Kinda funny because that's the easiest phase to get frame perfect. Making progress though!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
3 down, 1 horrible fight to go.

<3 zallard
Is PJ
Great work!
Edit history:
McHazard: 2014-02-03 11:41:17 pm
Here's the Narcis post zallard asked me for, describing phase 1 in as much detail as I can think of (spoilered due to size). Sorry it took so long to finish.

First off, the good news (if you can call it good): the only change from the 8"43 strat is a rearrangement of the number of punches, and normal punches have the same chance to connect whether Narcis is calm or angry. So while you still need all of the luck, you don't need MORE of it. (Note: I am not 100% sure of this yet).

The bad news is that if you get the luck, phase 1 is still difficult to pull off; it has two one-frame punches and one two-frame punch to even get past it.

At the start of the fight, raise Narcis's guard and hit him with three left gut punches. In order to get all three of them in before he does his first attack, you have to lose no more than one frame on the first punch. If you're too late, he'll block the last one.

After that, counter his hook (huge window to hit this), wait, and do a frame perfect jab (doesn't matter which hand). The time you want when the clock stops is 4"18.

When he comes to the back of the ring, hit him in the face (again, the hand you use doesn't matter), pause, then start doing rapid jabs. You need to connect with four, and he needs to be doing the slow hooks pattern for this to work.

Also, Narcis will ONLY get dizzy if you hit him frame perfectly as he comes back. There are a few different frames where Narcis will get hit immediately, but you'll be farther in your punch animation and will be able to attack sooner. That's also why you have to pause; you're starting rapid jabs sooner than normal, and the super bar is just a bit slow to catch up.

If you actually manage to make it to this point, Narcis will get dizzy. Same as when he comes back after getting angry, there's a few frames (five) where you can use your low super and he'll get hit immediately. The time you want on the dizzy should be 6"58, and knockdown time should be 6"62. And phase 2 is the same as it's always been.

Possible buffers for this phase are:
After the gut counter: Normal left dodge, left face.
After Narcis backs up: Quick duck, left gut x2, right face, left face.

Anything I missed?
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Looks fine, McHazard. I mean, Narcis is gonna be a trainwreck, but at least I know exactly how.

I accidentally got a new WR by doing the TAS strat on Rick and the fast 9 second KO on Nick. Clocked in at 2:53.30, meaning another 0.36 was chopped off of the old run... these ultra small improvements are getting kind of silly. I'm waiting for a run where I improve the old record by a single frame; that'll go over well on TSSB Tongue
Is PJ
Quote from zallard1:
Looks fine, McHazard. I mean, Narcis is gonna be a trainwreck, but at least I know exactly how.

I accidentally got a new WR by doing the TAS strat on Rick and the fast 9 second KO on Nick. Clocked in at 2:53.30, meaning another 0.36 was chopped off of the old run... these ultra small improvements are getting kind of silly. I'm waiting for a run where I improve the old record by a single frame; that'll go over well on TSSB Tongue

That's ok, we'll just change that decimal point into a colon and then laugh at you.
Old Iron Giant
NEW WORLD RECORD 2:49.19!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
The run. Before you ask, it's being submitted.