Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Got 7"33 on Dragon Chan last night, a frame improvement of the 3 I'm missing on that fight. It is possible I may settle with this though since I'm stumped on how to time the first 2 delayed hits consistently. Rhythm helps but it's not consistent enough for me. That and his phase 2 RNG is really awful.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

This frame was so not worth cutting. Of all my attempts (which believe me, were alot), I've gotten a 5"84 dizzy like maybe 5 times total, and every time I'd get it, he'd kick on phase 2 (one time he did a late recover). But this final time he gave me the optimal recovery, which was all I needed to improve by a frame. Of all my attempts, I never ever got a 5"82 dizzy, so I'm pretty certain that this is my limit for this fight. Don't believe me? Take a look at the top 8 times at the end of this video and you'll know why I stopped here Tongue

With the completion of this IL to where I feel I can't improve it, I'm going to be submitting all my ILs that I've been working on during the past several months. Thanks for all the kind words during these ILs! It was very much appreciated to where it inspired me to cut even more frames than I was originally going to settle with on several fights. I might come back to some of the ILs that I couldn't reach the TAS time on, but not for a very, very long time; I need a break from these. If you've beaten this game before, make sure to verify when this pops up in the verification thread!

Now, with pokey covering the segmented run, I'm gonna start trying to figure out consistent strats on some of the fights for a potential SS run of this game. I need to kind of figure out how to stream so it's easier to show strats to heidman so we can collaborate on finding stuff though, cause I do have a couple of strats that are pretty fast and consistent, but depending on the luck you get, there quickly become several strats for several of the situations you get.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
First Wow, congrats zallard!  You put in a lot of work and it shows.  This has to be the best IL table SDA has seen.  Good stuff all around.  Looking forward to the SS.  thumbsup
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Awesome Zallard!!!!

What about Heike Kagero though? We know he can be had, do you just not want to do it? I will get back on attempts for him, I had his sorry ass that one time and missed it Sad
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-10-06 10:46:00 am
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from zallard1:
I need to kind of figure out how to stream so it's easier to show strats to heidman so we can collaborate on finding stuff though

I tried, but was unable to figure out a way for him to do so. My only guess right now would be to get another capture card.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks DK, sinister and PJ!

Yeah Heike can be done, but I'm kind of burnt out on ILs for now. If you or anyone else could do it, then that'd be awesome addition to the IL table.

There's still another streaming program that I haven't messed with that might help. I might mess with it later today to see if doesn't explode or crash when I use it (technology has it out for me, I swear).
Edit history:
zallard1: 2012-12-24 01:22:37 am
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Ok so, I've been doing single segment attempts on and off with wildly varying results. However, I feel I have a run that's at least worth mentioning, as it's my first ever run where I got sub 20 seconds on every single fight.

I goofed up Bob Charlie a bit because I thought I'd get him stunned with my punch, but it didn't quite do that, so I lost a few seconds there. It's still not that bad considering he's an RNG monster in SS. For Macho, I actually could've KO's him for a high 9 second time, but I didn't want to risk him doing an exercise program so I wussed out on it... I promise I'll get brave enough to attempt it in later attempts, because it saves a whopping 5-6 seconds when it works. Narcis was kind of a bastard at the start, but it all worked out in phase 2, albeit slowly. I got Hoy dizzy; end of story. The Nick counter at the start just baaaarely landed, thank god.

This run clocks in at 3:10.72, which is almost 10 seconds faster than the other run I had previously (it had a 26+ second Hoy as the only fight not sub 20). While this might be a submittable quality run, I really want to get a sub 3 minute run. Once I get that, I think I'd be more willing to submit a single segment run.

P.S. Sorry DK, I'm a day late on your request Tongue

EDIT: I just noticed that the ultimate Super Punch Out video is somehow absent from this thread. I shall rectify this...

It's very good to see, RTA-timing wise, what a very good time to shoot for would be. Although I know that some RTA timing strats would different from in-game timing strats, this is an amazing time at about sub 16. Very impressive run, and I wish you the best on getting that sub 3!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks doicm! I think only Bear Hugger would change for RTA... possibly Mad Clown too but I'm not as sure on that. Otherwise I think this would translate well to an RTA run.

Sub 3 is definitely doable. I lost 3-4 seconds alone on Bob Charlie and got generally bad luck in every other luck based fight aside from Aran Ryan and Mad Clown (kinda). I just need to get slightly better luck and be riskier on Super Macho Man and it should happen.
What an amazing run, way better than the tripe currently hosted...
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I've finally got a stream setup that's actually to my liking (thanks to OBS, Omnigamer and Funkdoc!) so I started streaming SS attempts for this game. I got 2 runs yesterday that were real close to beating the one I posted above. One run had super good luck throughout the run except for like 2 or 3 spots and I messed up 3 fights pretty badly. I highlighted that run in-case anyone's interested. The other run was moderately better than the 3:10.72, but I completely botched the fight on Nick Bruiser since he blocked the fist super in phase 3 and I panic'd when I should've just dodged and took him down.

http://www.twitch.tv/zallard1

I've been experimenting more with strats today and noticed a couple of punch buffer strats that I somehow hadn't messed with finding. I also found a few tweaks in Masked Muscle's strat that saves me about half a second compared to the old strat I was trying. I'm gonna try streaming more SS attempts tomorrow hopefully.
About damn time!  Tongue
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

This one was a heartbreaker. Still could've had some better fights, but man that would've been a sick run.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Dang that sucks zallard. Keep at it man the stars will align at some point.
Is PJ
Wow damn.  Cry  Great effort though, dude.
It's okay zallard, it will come.  You're already doing so much better than the crap that's currently posted.
Just a thought, even though this is sort of a weaker way out. Have you ever considered using pause buffering for identifying Nick's punch direction?
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I remember trying that out some time after I saw you use it in the Sandython run, and I remember I missed the punches more often somehow. I think it's because when I pause, I kind of lose my rhythm of punches since the action is halted, so more often than not, I'd attack too soon or too late because I had forgotten how much time had elapsed before the pause. I'd also like to try to do it without a pause there if possible, since it's a punch I can land fairly often when I'm focused.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
A bittersweet run happened today.

Missed the first counter on Nick, but got the 2nd... but he proceeded to dodge every single extra hit after that, making the fight go over 20 seconds. Despite this, the risky Macho Man strat paid off and gave me an enormous lead, so I just barely scraped by and got sub 3:10. Had I hit that counter, it would've had a chance of being sub 3. Also this was the last run of the day, so I didnt bother resetting after Bob just on the off-chance that something like this might happen.
Bob Charlie strikes again. Tongue
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-02-15 05:58:45 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

Much happier with this improvement. Finally hit the Nick counter the first time instead of the second, so I gained a ton of time on his fight. I did go for the risky macho strat, but he dodged iirc, so it ended up being a standard fight with him. Now the run is sitting at 3:06.20; gonna need to start resetting more often to cut off those valuable RNG related seconds to get sub 3. We're getting there, yall!

EDIT: Here's the run
Is PJ
Man.  This is such exciting progress!  Keep it up, zallard!  <3
I'm on the edge of my seat.  What's the goal time zallard?
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Goal time is sub 3 minutes definitely. I find the idea humorous that beating the entire cast of boxers is faster than one round of time for this game. I may lower the goal time depending on how satisfied I am with the splits though.

BTW I just found out my recording is messed up. VirtualDub decided to insert 67 frames during my run, which seemed to warp the music really badly and cause a really nasty jitter during one part. I guess it could be salvageable with alot of work, but I'd rather just use it as motivation to obsolete it. I need to figure out what went wrong with VirtualDub first though, so I probably wont stream for a few days. At least the stream recording is a nice looking 60fps with no drops.