Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 ... 16, 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
All the things
Amazing run Zallard! Congrats on putting it away!
Is PJ
That run was so mighty.  Wow.  Amazing work, zallard!!
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Freaking awesome!  Congrats zallard!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
zallard and that run are so sexy it melted my laptop...
The Dork Knight himself.
So why is it not on the front page yet?

Seriously though, when it finally does get on the front page, see if you can grab that twitch recording and put that on the game page as an optional download. Seeing the splits with the run is more exciting to watch.
Congrats!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Amazing! That run is nearly untouchable. The luck needed at this point is bordering on ludicrous.
The Dork Knight himself.
Colonel Sandurz: Prepare ship for light speed.

Dark Helmet: No, no, no, light speed is too slow.

Colonel Sandurz: Light speed, too slow?

Dark Helmet: Yes, we're gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed.
The ship has gone plaid.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks everyone! I just finished the commentaries and stuff and submitted it today. As for the splits, I'll probably just include a link to my archived run or something in the comments.
I thought it had to be impossible for this punch to not have a buffer, so I found one. It requires a quick duck but it takes away manually timing a punch which is nice.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Oh nice, glad to see there's a buffer for that knockdown. Back when I was looking for buffers, I omitted quick dodges/ducks because I wasn't sure of their reliability. Hopefully you end up finding more!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Bump because Narcis attempts are happening finally due to a bet between me and DK28 (in short, sub 10 Contra = Narcis IL attempts).

I found a buffer that deals with the nasty frame perfect hit when he's stunned. It's basically just a left dodge where you only tap left instead of holding it. I did some attempts on stream, and a tiny bit more afterwards that ended up getting a tiny bit farther.

I'm guessing my rapid punches were like a frame late or my pause was bad or something, because he didn't get dizzy on punch #4, but he did after punch #5. I'm feeling like with enough attempts, we can actually get a decent improvement with the new strategy. Just need to chain it all together...
I like this. The prince shall be slain! I may do attempts every now and again as well. Can't hurt, right?
Edit history:
zallard1: 2014-08-03 07:10:16 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Please do. I am not certain that I want to chase matching the TAS for this fight, but I want to complete at least one completed fight with the new strategy vs Narcis to uphold my end of the bet. If you are up for the task of matching the TAS against this guy, you have my support Smiley

If you have a game saver, I would highly recommend practicing each individual part separately before starting console attempts. If you don't then you can simulate parts of the strategy with failed attempts. You can practice the frame perfect buffer for the stunned hit ANY time he's stunned, and to practice the pause & rapid punches, as long as you do the correct buffer from a frame perfect hit after a stun, you can give them a shot since everything before that point does not matter (his dizzy meter resets while he is in the back of the ring). Finally, you can practice your phase 2 buffer with any phase 2 where you hit the counter in phase 1 as you probably already know.

P.S. I later found out that my buffer strat when Narcis backs up is flawed. Do this strategy instead: quick duck into a low left, low left, high right, high left. As another tidbit of info, you have a tiny bit of wiggle room to get the rapids to execute on the first frame possible (required to be perfect to get the dizzy). There are 6 frames to hit the second input to initiate for the rapid punches at the right time, I think you even have a 7th frame that lets you throw them out correctly.

EDIT: Video has a variation of the updated buffer strategy. Narcis has robbed me of completing phase 1 on the final punch 3 times now. This fight is great.

Edit history:
DK28: 2014-08-04 02:22:43 pm
Just saying I approve of this. It's going to happen...

<-- Bill 958 also approves.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Good news: I got to go to phase 2 finally, so it's console verified I suppose.
Bad news: This is what happened when I got to phase 2...

1 frame lost getting to phase 2. I could've gotten mid to low 8"20's if I got the luck to finish this fight.
Edit history:
zallard1: 2014-08-07 04:28:56 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

One dance ruined it all. At least 8.71 is my PB on my Super Nintendo cart (8.66 was VC).

This guy will slip up one of these times...

EDIT: 8.32 cancelled from the very last punch. Phase 1 was pretty slow on the counter though. 3rd time I got to phase 2.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from zallard1:

And when he does you will be ready.
Quote from sinister1:
Quote from zallard1:

And when he does you will be ready.

QFT
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I was ready...

4 frames from the TAS... the Super Punch Out IL table is finally completely up to date.
Fantastic work Zallard!!! This is motivating. Now it's time for Macho. Tongue
It was only a matter of time. Less than a week to get this close to TAS time is amazing. Congrats! I'd be super surprised if someone ever beat it.
Amazing zallard!!!

I love how in a matter of days we went from 'No, F*n narcis is impossible' to 'I turned his face to hamburger'...

Congratulations, simply incredible.  I think our bet was the best thing ever.  Tongue
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Holy crap, congrats!