--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Egonomics:
Man, I almost had a TAS time on Heike Kagero this morning. Had a 4"98 knockdown and was on pace, but I fucked up the rapid lows. Is there a way to guarantee them hitting or is it just mash as hard as I possible can?

That makes three characters now where I fucked up the TAS time on. Ffffffff.

At least it brings my determination even higher to complete them.

Yes, I discovered a strat to guaratee the rapid super in phase three. As your opponent returns to the fight hold A, then watch Mac. As soon as you see his elbow move you release A and start mashing it. This ensures that the punch starts on the very first frame. It is actually a buffer strat Tongue

p.s. did you also have a perfect phase 2 or just the 4"98??

@Zallard: It sucks that King Hippo's grandfather is that deep in the run. One day he will cooperate.
Edit history:
Egonomics: 2013-03-14 12:51:55 pm
Poverty runner
Phase 2 was perfect as well, that's what makes me so mad about it! Thanks for the tip tho, I'll definitely try it out when I'm not sleep deprived anymore.

I had to try it again but didn't only managed to get a 4'99", a subpar phase 2 and didn't want to fumble the fast punches so I did the safe counter -> body blow strat instead and ended up with my current best of 11"33 because it's so much slower.

I'm definitely getting better every time I start up the game tho. Even if I play on emu for now, I'm really liking the amount of practice I put in and the results I'm seeing. My OCD won't let me drop a fight until I shave that damn frame off.

Ninja edit: I did it! 10"62 Heike Kagero. Had no idea how tight the timings actually were (kept pausing to make sure I was countering/supering on the right frame, kept getting 10"47 KDs) until I tried grinding it out to counter sleep deprivation. There was one time where I was sure I was on the right timing for the TAS timing, but I ended up with a 10"56 KD and I think my sigh of disappointment was heard all the way to Mexico.

Now to do it on console and remove the emulator stigma.
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-03-14 01:38:09 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from sinister1:
As soon as you see his elbow move you release A and start mashing it.
You don't need to mash it, just let go of A and press/hold it again and it does it automatically.

Quote from sinister1:
It sucks that King Hippo's grandfather is that deep in the run. One day he will cooperate.

It's also unfortunate that Hippo's cousin is right before his grandfather too, they're the dream team of RNG in this run. They're probably trading tips with each other on how to wreck my runs.

@Egonomics: Firstly, the TAS time on Heike is 10"60, not 10"62 (yes believe it or not there is one more pesky frame to the strat). Good job matching the IL along with sinister! One thing I ask is when you do console attempts, please don't use pausing for the IL recording. The run is so short and you get so many retries on it that pause buffering the entire strat will take the charm of a "time attack" out of the run since you're not using the pauses to abuse the super bar refill like with Gabby.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Just watched the VOD Zallard, way to own this game like a motha fuckin bawsss! They tried to stop you but sub 3 could not be denied. #pizzacake
Yes
Good heavens sub 3!  I remember talking to you about a SS of this and how crazy it was to try and do and yet her it is.  Amazing Zallard!
Willing to teach you the impossible
Bob and Chan was dumb from the times. Ill watch this tomorrow.
Good balance in the run. Grats!!! Any new goals now?
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Yaaaaaaaay Zallard!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks all!

Quote from Heidrage:
Bob and Chan was dumb from the times. Ill watch this tomorrow.

Yeah, both of them didn't cooperate much. I had to settle with what I could get though.

I'm having a hard time deciding on whether or not I want to submit this. I feel it's a very strong run that I have no problems with seeing submitted, it's just that... I can do even better. I do want to move onto other games though, so I think what I'm going to do is run Super Punch Out sporadically in between the other games I want to run. I really wanna start working on Punch Out Wii to get a good full game SS run on the site. I have a Contender SS that'll be posted soon, but I'm hoping to get a run through both loops of the game eventually.

But yeah, not sure if I want to submit this yet. I'll have to think it over.
Congrats on sub 3 Zallard! Just in time for TSSB too.
Give me one reason this run should not be submitted other than you can do better? Do you feel it is not to SDA standards? if so then your retarded
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
I think all that's left here is audio commentary...
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Heidman, I totally see this run as more than acceptable for SDA, don't get me wrong! I just feel it might be a hasty decision if I were to get god luck on it the day after it gets accepted and/or published. Should I just submit it and also keep going at it too? Seems like it could just make the SDA staff work harder for something I could potentially improve at any time. But then again SDA is getting faster... I also maybe want to do a commentary track for it with the original "Team Super Punch Out" but I don't have a mic yet...
You encode your own runs yes? Then what work do they do now besides copy and paste info since UA kicked the verification is the ass? I dont think 1 submission will change the work load on them too much.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Yeah I encode my runs... I guess I could try doing both (submission/continuing). I'll have to get a mic soon so the run doesn't get stuck in verification forever though, because as DK28 alluded, commentary for this run is necessary.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Ok, so I've thought it over and here's what I'll do...

Because I just got this run the other day, I'm going to do 2 more weeks of attempts, starting today. If I don't get a new record by April 1st, then I will submit my 2:58.75. That way I won't feel as regretful on submitting a run that I could've improved the day after I submitted this one, while still getting a SS run up on SDA in a timely matter. I'll still continue attempts after the 2 weeks are up, but like I said before, they'll be thrown in randomly during other games I'm going to run. It also gives me a chance for revenge on some of the fights that didn't go as well as I wanted.

I think because of how strict my splits are becoming, if I'm not ahead after Masked Muscle, I'm resetting. I need to have some kind of lead after that point in the run now.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Check your PMs zallard.  Wink
Quote from DK28:
Check your PMs zallard.  Wink

Leaving me out? no worries

I can watch your gif of Don all day.

Yes, commentary is necessary. I am rather happy my ILs were taken down. I put next to no effort into making them. Your SS run will be hard to beat. GL
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

No you aren't seeing things, this is a run with the most insane Special Circuit I've ever gotten in my life, including the outlandishly lucky Nick Bruiser KO at sub 10 seconds. I am submitting this run immediately; I will type up the comments for submission tomorrow.
Is PJ
8=====D
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I wanna thank everyone who's been following this thread and giving me support through all the ILs and the SS attempts. I also want to thank Funkdoc alot, because he was the one who convinced me to go for sub 2:55 and try just a bit more. I will probably return to SS one day, but for now I feel like I've earned a break.

<3
Damn that was quick. Congrats again Zallard.
Did spo apply the lube for you? Im getting the feeling that it just wants you to win now. I think it has given up...
SGL Scrublord
So glad I popped in at Dragon Chan, that SpecialCircuit was rediculous as hell. Great job!