List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-05-23 06:16:24 pm
zallard1: 2013-05-23 06:14:48 pm
zallard1: 2013-05-23 06:14:19 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★

These frames are from one of the TASes that adelkat did. Ignoring the fact that your guard is up in the 2nd pic (the TAS holds up+A for 1 frame, so the game doesn't really change guard yet because it's so fast, but he lowers his guard anyways), you want to time your uppercut such that as soon as he comes out of the "getting hit" animation, your guard is down, then uppercut. It's hard to give advice on a visual cue since I couldn't match the TAS on this fight myself, but I tried to time it around when he's landing on his feet. Also, the dodging seems to be random, but it feels like the closer you are to hitting that uppercut frame perfectly, the more likely he dodges, although don't quote me on that, it's just a theory me and sinister1 have. Good luck on matching it!
With that in mind I'll keep trying. Thank you!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Akiteru:
With that in mind I'll keep trying. Thank you!

I am the only person that has been on TAS pace after two phases (choked phase 3) and I concur with all of what Zallard1 said. Regarding the randomness theory, if it was just frame perfect I am pretty sure one of use would have matched the TAS time by now. Bottom line is if someone puts in enough attempts it will happen. None of us have really put in huge numbers on this guy. I would say I have less that 200 attempts and I have like 7 00'10"62's (1 frame off).
Managed a 10"60 off recording with pause trick for practice on phase 2. I think watching his feet until they change back to standing position would be the best way to time the uppercut. Hopefully I'll get a proper run without the pause soon.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I'm real sorry I couldn't post this sooner, as I've been super busy the past couple of days, but congrats on getting a 10"60! I truly appreciate that you're aiming for a run without a pause before considering submitting it. After a few attempts, you'll find that getting a frame perfect phase 1 for Heike will become much easier to get consistently than other frame perfect phase 1's in the game. For perspective, the single segment run that went up on SDA recently got a frame perfect phase 1, despite it being 10 fights deep in the run. Are you gonna consider improving Mad Clown or Dragon Chan in the future?
Quote from zallard1:
I'm real sorry I couldn't post this sooner, as I've been super busy the past couple of days, but congrats on getting a 10"60! I truly appreciate that you're aiming for a run without a pause before considering submitting it. After a few attempts, you'll find that getting a frame perfect phase 1 for Heike will become much easier to get consistently than other frame perfect phase 1's in the game. For perspective, the single segment run that went up on SDA recently got a frame perfect phase 1, despite it being 10 fights deep in the run. Are you gonna consider improving Mad Clown or Dragon Chan in the future?

Thanks! I'm probably going to go for Dragon Chan after Heike is finished. I will do Mad Clown eventually though. I want these three fights to be perfected so all focus can be put on Narcis.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Awesome. I think I'll probably try to sneak in some short Mad Clown attempt sessions here and there during streams, just because I remember for a fact that I've been able to get frame perfect phases 1 and 2, just not in the same attempts. Dragon Chan however threw me for a loop since I don't think I've ever gotten a frame perfect phase 1. I've probably hit all the attacks frame perfectly in different attempts, but I've never been consistent enough to string them all together in one. Definitely go after Dragon after Heike, just on the off chance I get a good Mad Clown run. If you finish both, then you can join me on the hunt for a good Clown time.
Got a proper 10"60 on recording, but the audio is desynced... Ugh, I really hope there's a way to fix it because I don't want to do attempts on this guy again.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Send me the raw file in a PM. I've had to deal with many audio desynch problems during my IL recordings, so I have a pretty good idea how to re-sync them back properly.
When I got the time I had been recording for 55 minutes straight, so the file is too big to send in a PM. Uploading a 20GB file would be tough, any alternatives?
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Open the file in vdub, then highlight only the part you want to send me (make sure the segment also contains all the audio I need too). Then save the file as an .avi compressed with lagarith (Video > Compression > Lagarith Lossless Codec) and you should have a significantly smaller file to send me. If you need any more detailed instructions, just ask me in the PM.
It's still too large and I can't really cut off any more, I PMed you.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Alright, it's all straightened out! Congrats on cutting a frame from the table, Akiteru! Smiley
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Wow, grats Akiteru!!
Thanks! I don't really have time to play games with exams coming up, but when they're overwith I'll try to cut that frame off of Dragon Chan.
Got this today.

I've been having a lot of trouble with phase 1 so  I really wasn't expecting to get 7"30 today. I guess that's another one down Shocked
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Sweet Baby Jesus, why do the rest of us even try anymore?  Tongue
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Oh hell yeah, what a great surprise! Back when I was doing IL attempts on him, I just got super fed up with messing up phase 1 by a frame every time so I settled with my 7"32. So glad to see that fight fall... the Major Circuit is now frame perfect.

I guess I should tell you this since I'm sure the Clown is next in your sights; if you get a 5"20 dizzy, but mess up the super punch knockdown and get a 5"26 or higher (as long as you don't completely whiff the first punch), DO NOT RESET. Mad Clown has the same properties as Hoy and Sandman where his move timer in phase 2 will have those extra frames from phase 1 taken away from it so he'll attack faster. The most important part is you need the 5"20 dizzy for you to have a shot at the TAS time.

...I guess I should probably start making those Narcis Prince tutorials; it looks like Narcis Prince Day may be happening soon.
That's definitely good to know, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
12 frames for Narcis Prince just seems so long! :O
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from doicm:
12 frames for Narcis Prince just seems so long! :O

Don't worry, I got a plan. I recorded a tutorial today that I'll stream whenever Mad Clown's TAS time is met. Narcis's days are numbered. Grin

Just as I was resetting my recording.

...damn it. This guy's going down.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Damn Cry

I don't wanna fight this guy anymore. Please hurry up. Tongue
Only a matter of time thumbsup
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
That's what I like to hear. Today I ended up revising the Narcis Prince tutorial I did the other day to make it less difficult to understand. I'll probably send out PMs to everyone that I've seen interested in running Super Punch Out at one point to ask if they want to participate in this.

If anyone who's interested in doing recorded Narcis Prince IL attempts would let me know in this thread, that'd also be great.