Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 3 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Today's Salt is Tomorrow's Rust
I have a question about submitting a run on an approved emulator: I plan to submit a run for Super Back to the Future II (for SFC). The rom version I am using translates the unskippable cutscene text into English. Otherwise, there seems to be no difference between that rom and the original Japanese version.

If an approved emulator run is not at all acceptable, then would it be possible for me to submit the run on an approved emulator, and bring the original cart to the marathon?

Currently I don't have a good method for streaming/recording the original cart version, and won't be able to until one of the next two months.

Thanks.
Emulators aren't used at GDQs
Quote from Ritzblues:
I have a question about submitting a run on an approved emulator: I plan to submit a run for Super Back to the Future II (for SFC). The rom version I am using translates the unskippable cutscene text into English. Otherwise, there seems to be no difference between that rom and the original Japanese version.

If an approved emulator run is not at all acceptable, then would it be possible for me to submit the run on an approved emulator, and bring the original cart to the marathon?

Currently I don't have a good method for streaming/recording the original cart version, and won't be able to until one of the next two months.

Thanks.

You can submit a demonstration video on emulator sure, but by the time the run happens at SGDQ it is expected you will have a console run.
Quote from GameJ06:
Quote from abiscuit:
How much interest would people have in doing a relay race for Super Mario All-Stars?

We were talking this with a few people at AGDQ '15 about this, i know theres' a lot of people for SMB2 and a couple interested in mario 1, just not sure about SMB3 and LL or if everyone is playing the SNES versions of the game.... It was one of the categories i wanted to submit myself

As far as the game running preference for me it would be LL > SMB1 > SMB2 > SMB3.
I realized that I was a complete idiot and attached the wrong video with my submission. Is there any way you guys could edit the video link in the submission?
Quote from xtremelampshade:
I realized that I was a complete idiot and attached the wrong video with my submission. Is there any way you guys could edit the video link in the submission?

I did the same thing with one of my submissions. I was going to submit one game, but changed my mind and forgot to switch videos.
Today's Salt is Tomorrow's Rust
Quote from Akiteru:
Emulators aren't used at GDQs

Quote from thadarkman78:
Quote from Ritzblues:

Thanks.

You can submit a demonstration video on emulator sure, but by the time the run happens at SGDQ it is expected you will have a console run.

Thanks for the quick responses... emulated submission, with a cart run to follow!
Amateur DKC Runner
If you want to offer a glitch exhibition as an incentive, should that be submitted as a separate category?
For Fun! For GLORY!!
All set. Just the one game I've been grinding out for a good month and a half. Tongue
Also since Matty said to mention it. I just put the entire marathon date since I'm unsure of my actual attendance. Smiley
Edit history:
KentaKurodani: 2015-03-20 07:48:01 am
Metroid 2 Ho!
Do we have to have a recorded on console run BY SGDQ or do we simply need on console practice? This would be really easy if there was  away to just transfer games on a 3ds but noooo nintendo... What I mean by that is that there's a 3ds VC version of Metroid 2 that would be much better for me to play on than a GameBoy Player, though I have both, because it complements the control scheme I already run with. If anyone attending has a 3ds with the capture card modification I would be willing to buy Metroid 2 in order to be able to run with optimal controls. It would be in black and white though as opposed to the gbc palette.

EDIT: I realize that this is kinda a cluttered post. TLDR; I own the game and have both gameboy player, emulator, and vc on 3ds. Since I'm used to emulator at the moment, and 3ds has the closest control scheme, I'd like to use that, but I don't want to count on it unless I KNOW someone is bringng a streaming 3ds. Do I need to have a recorded console run before the marathon?
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-03-20 07:51:41 am
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from KentaKurodani:
Do we have to have a recorded on console run BY SGDQ or do we simply need on console practice? This would be really easy if there was  away to just transfer games on a 3ds but noooo nintendo... What I mean by that is that there's a 3ds VC version of Metroid 2 that would be much better for me to play on than a GameBoy Player, though I have both, because it complements the control scheme I already run with. If anyone attending has a 3ds with the capture card modification I would be willing to buy Metroid 2 in order to be able to run with optimal controls. It would be in black and white though as opposed to the gbc palette.

EDIT: I realize that this is kinda a cluttered post. TLDR; I own the game and have both gameboy player, emulator, and vc on 3ds. Since I'm used to emulator at the moment, and 3ds has the closest control scheme, I'd like to use that, but I don't want to count on it unless I KNOW someone is bringng a streaming 3ds. Do I need to have a recorded console run before the marathon?

Considering how buggy the 3DS VC can be I personally wouldn't recommend it. Also, that would be a massive hassle to setup 3DS capture solely for what could be played on a Gamecube. If it's just for control scheme, try and find a third party controller that fits you better. Edit: or use the GBA cable and control it that way.

Disclaimer: I do not decide what is accepted at the event
Edit history:
KentaKurodani: 2015-03-20 08:15:27 am
KentaKurodani: 2015-03-20 08:15:06 am
KentaKurodani: 2015-03-20 08:13:42 am
KentaKurodani: 2015-03-20 08:13:40 am
Metroid 2 Ho!
Alright, good to know. I was more thinking if someone was already going to be running a 3ds game. Also, 3ds vc glitchy? I wasn't aware, thanks for letting me know. The current issue is three things, once of which can be pretty easily fixed in the near future but the other two can't. I lack a gba SP for optimal control scheme practice (shouldn't be too hard to come by), and I lack a CRT and splitter (both more expensive, splitter only necessary on my end for streaming though) At the moment, my HDTV plus the innate GBP lag makes speedrunning near impossible, I have probably at least 300 ms of lag. I want to do on console stuff, but emulator is the only truly viable option at the moment. (If anyone has advice on finding a cheap CRT I would be your best friend forever)
EDIT: Or I could just stop being a moron and go on craigslist to see at least a dozen CRTs right in my area....
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Sir VG:
On a submission I'm considering making, the game offers multiple multiple difficulties and characters. I'm thinking of doing the difficulty on a donation sliding scale (so like $1000 to push it to normal, $2000 to push it to hard, etc) and each character as a bidding war. Would each character+difficulty be a separate category, or would I just put down the character down for the category and put down the time estimate based upon the hardest difficulty? It it's the combo, then that would limit my options, as it would be more than 10. If it's by character, then I would have no issues.

So like Character A + Easy/Normal/Hard/Very Hard/Extremely Hard = 1 Category, or 5?

Bumping because it's been a day and I haven't gotten an answer.
DS Dictator
3DS VC glitchy? That only applies to GBA games on the 3DS as they were forced to be in DS mode trying to emulate a GBA game. Game Boy BW/Colour are fine.

Well, I finally worked up the nerve to submit a run for something. Whether I end up having it accepted or not, I'm proud that I was able to give it a shot. =)
It says "Progessing" on the submissions page.
If I am turning 16 in June, can I still register for SGDQ?
Dixie Kong Fan Club
Quote from TheMG2:

I'm guessing because it's progressing to the next round. It's technically not an accepted run.
I was pointing out a typo
I thought it was supposed to say "processing". I mentioned it in the "small typos" thread yesterday...or a couple of days ago.
I thought that was just for the sda site so I didn't post it there.
Edit history:
CyclopsDragon: 2015-03-21 01:07:30 pm
Certified Wumbologist
Quote from CyclopsDragon:
If our best time doesn't have commentary, should we provide that run or a good run with commentary?

Asking this again because I didn't receive a response, and myself and one other person are waiting on this before we submit.
Quote from Supreme:
Quote from TheMG2:

I'm guessing because it's progressing to the next round. It's technically not an accepted run.

This.

No run is "Accepted" until the final (aka, next) round begins. You either "progress" or you're reject/etc.
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Supreme:
Quote from TheMG2:

This.

No run is "Accepted" until the final (aka, next) round begins. You either "progress" or you're reject/etc.

I know what it means, I'm pointing out that the word is spelled wrong. Tongue
Quote from TheMG2:
I know what it means, I'm pointing out that the word is spelled wrong. Tongue

Oh! Dang, I read that like 8 times and missed it. Will get fixed with my update tonight.