List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
fucking .gif....
Quote from sumichu:
Quote from Shadow Jacky:
so I keep getting this screen everytime I resubmit my run

http://i.imgur.com/uKvuqlM.png

dumb thing is I submitted my run sometime last week and until recently I just noticed it was completely gone like I didn't submit anything at all, so what gives?

Your submission was looked at and was found to have language that we considered inappropriate and offensive.  As such, it was erased.

was it nignog?  and does that mean I can't submit a game now?
zzzzzzzzzz
Do submissions close at 11:59 PM EDT like it says in the opening post or at 11:59 PDT like it says on the submission page?
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from snorlax:
Do submissions close at 11:59 PM EDT like it says in the opening post or at 11:59 PDT like it says on the submission page?

You have 3 hours and 20 minutes from the time of this post. (So, PDT).
Keeper of TASBot
I will again be representing TASVideos and handling the TASBot runs for SGDQ 2015, should we be accepted.  To romscout or anyone looking at the suggested runs, please note that these are merely suggestions - you are free to request virtually any TAS you like on the site and we can probably make it happen.  This flexibility is a result of dropping console verification runs for SGDQ 2015 (returning for AGDQ 2016) which will allow us to focus on explaining what TASing is and to demonstrate the differences between TAS runs and realtime runs.

I will ensure there is well-rehearsed commentary to make each accepted run as entertaining as possible.  There is no requirement from my perspective to keep all of the TASBot runs in a single block; in particular, Super Scribblenauts is an amazingly entertaining run but clocks in at about an hour and it might make sense to schedule it in a graveyard shift.  The TASBot runs are always just a little bit different than everything else, so if you have any questions about any of the runs or my proposal for an interactive speed TAS race, please let me know.  Thanks!
What happens after first round cuts? (between april 4th - 18th?
WOW.
Quote from Wheelio:
What happens after first round cuts? (between april 4th - 18th?

What, you weren't invited to the first round cut non-stop beach party?
I highly advise against putting Risk of Rain into SGDQ. Even though Shadowdraft is a much better runner than Studio, it's just not a good marathon run. Either you run with max resolution and the stream can't see anything, or you run with half resolution and the run takes a lot longer due to lack of vision. Add in the significant RNG reliance and the risk of death and failing to complete it... It will never be a suitable representation of actual Risk of Rain speedrunning.
I'm saying this as the WR holder, by the way. :F
I know it won't change anything, but I feel the need to say that rejecting Golden Axe 2 in favor of Streets of Rage 2 is a silly choice. I know SoR2 is popular and has a donation incentive and all but Golden Axe 2 is a much better speed run with more focus on execution and comical AI, and the series itself is popular enough.

I'm not too surprised about SoR3 being cut, but cutting GA2 I just find bizarre.
Old Iron Giant
Quote from sumichu:
Quote from Shadow Jacky:
so I keep getting this screen everytime I resubmit my run

http://i.imgur.com/uKvuqlM.png

dumb thing is I submitted my run sometime last week and until recently I just noticed it was completely gone like I didn't submit anything at all, so what gives?

Your submission was looked at and was found to have language that we considered inappropriate and offensive.  As such, it was erased.

And who exactly is the great overseer on what is offensive and what isn't? I saw his submission, it was a self deprecating joke.

And why not simply erase the offensive text instead of outright deleting the entire thing.

Agreeing with Gale on the GA2 rejection, its short, RNG is minimal, funny at times with the stupid A.I and very execution heavy.
Just found out that my submission made it passed round 1, kind of surprising since it was a longshot.  Regardless, even if it doesn't get put in, I'll except the decision.  Either way, I'm looking forward to SGDQ, since it'll be my first time going.
Edit history:
TheSoundDefense: 2015-04-04 11:54:14 pm
TheSoundDefense: 2015-04-04 11:53:58 pm
Quote from AlteisenRiese:
And who exactly is the great overseer on what is offensive and what isn't?

The SGDQ organizers, obviously. They are absolutely allowed to do that, whether you agree with them or not.
Quote from sumichu:

Could I/we get a list of banned words?  or atleast a summation of what is considered inappropriate/offensive? 
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from Naegleria:
Quote from sumichu:

Could I/we get a list of banned words?  or atleast a summation of what is considered inappropriate/offensive? 

How about you use common sense and say if you couldn't say it on stream at a GDQ it shouldn't be in your submission pitch?  That should work.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from CosmykTheDolfyn:
Quote from Naegleria:
Quote from sumichu:

How about you use common sense and say if you couldn't say it on stream at a GDQ it shouldn't be in your submission pitch?  That should work.

OK, then why did this get through then?

Attachment:
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from Naegleria:
Quote from sumichu:

OK, then why did this get through then?

Well, that wasn't the only case like that got through that I noticed, but if you follow what I stated earlier I'm 99.99999% sure that your submission pitch won't be so offensive it will get removed.
Borderline racist and absolutely pathetic.. unban SJ and add a *** word filter if you care that much about a page only speedrunners will see. Takes like 2 lines of code

(and accept aero because it's a good game)
Quote from Naegleria:
Quote from sumichu:

I understand that, and generally it's a solid principle.  But in this case there are submission with actual swear words that not only got onto the submission page, but are progressing past round 1.  What I don't understand is how actual swear words are permissible but the term "nignog" which isn't even an actual word is not.

I don't care about what words people choose to use, I'm just curious about why actual swear words are fine but made up words are not.
#FailFish
Having not been through this before, I'm a little curious. Will the second round be handled similarly to the first, with the status of submissions being updated throughout the process? Or will it just all be revealed at the end when the final schedule is released?
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Quote from Antilles58:
Having not been through this before, I'm a little curious. Will the second round be handled similarly to the first, with the status of submissions being updated throughout the process? Or will it just all be revealed at the end when the final schedule is released?

Usually there's just one update with the final cuts
that Metroidvania guy
There seems to be a great misunderstanding about SJ's submission, and it's my fault for not looking at the forums as we were going over submissions the last few days and responding to the posts. SJ was not banned from the event, nor was his submission completely erased from the database. I realize SJ didn't mean to be offensive, but if you Google the word he used, you might understand why we felt the need to hide the comment.

The issue here was that we did not previously have a method for hiding the comment without hiding the entire submission from public view, so it appeared as if it was a straight removal. I had the comment edited out manually today, and I will work with Matt to make sure that future submission pages will allow me to delete comments without hiding submissions as I go. The submission is still being considered for the schedule, although obviously it is not guaranteed to be in since the competition is pretty stiff with several hundred hours of other games. I apologize for the confusion, though.

Generic cuss words that are not being used to insult anyone are not a big deal on a site that is primarily seen by the core speedrunning community, but derogatory slang words are a much more sensitive issue with people and cannot be allowed. That is why these cases were handled differently. There were other cases where submissions were much more blatant with their intentions of being offensive, and they were also removed. Like I said, there will be an effort to make it so that we can differentiate our actions towards these scenarios in the future so that there is no confusion.

Quote from Antilles58:

There will be a day in the next week where the acceptance list is cut down a little again, and we will announce on social media when this is done. After that, the final acceptance list will be announced on April 18. We aim to have registration and volunteer signups open up within the week after that.
fucking .gif....
thank you romscout for clearing this all up
#FailFish
Quote from romscout:
We aim to have registration and volunteer signups open up within the week after that.

Awesome!  Regardless of whether my category gets in or not, I will definitely be volunteering to help out wherever I can!
Anyone know how to update a submission? It says on the site "Once the first round is over, you will be allowed to update your submissions." I would like to lower my estimate (and also fix a typo in the category name :P)
The TrUest of Shades
Quote from NaxHPL:
Anyone know how to update a submission? It says on the site "Once the first round is over, you will be allowed to update your submissions." I would like to lower my estimate (and also fix a typo in the category name :P)

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/can_we_change_our_submission_video_links.html <--
Quote from TrUShade:
Quote from NaxHPL:

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/can_we_change_our_submission_video_links.html <--

Oh, thank you!