page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1, 2 ... 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Naegleria:
Why is editing not allowed?  Does the current system just not allow it?  Things can change in a run, like a new trick being found that shortens it (which happened to Super Mario Sunshine a year or two ago after it was submitted). 

Because of the chance of abuse.
Quote from Cool Matty:

What precisely could be abused as a result of edits?
Quote from Naegleria:
Quote from Cool Matty:

What precisely could be abused as a result of edits?

You can't think of any? Really? Tongue
Quote from Cool Matty:
You can't think of any? Really? Tongue

Not off the top of my head.  Even if something gets edited, couldn't an admin just check to make sure it was not something abusive?
I'm thinking of submitting a run on PC, and I'm just wondering if it is acceptable to use a physical copy of the game for install, or if a Steam backup is strongly preferred?  I don't think I would have any problems getting either version to work (no CD key required for the physical copy), but the physical copy does have slightly faster load times.
Fucking Weeaboo
On a submission I'm considering making, the game offers multiple multiple difficulties and characters. I'm thinking of doing the difficulty on a donation sliding scale (so like $1000 to push it to normal, $2000 to push it to hard, etc) and each character as a bidding war. Would each character+difficulty be a separate category, or would I just put down the character down for the category and put down the time estimate based upon the hardest difficulty? It it's the combo, then that would limit my options, as it would be more than 10. If it's by character, then I would have no issues.

So like Character A + Easy/Normal/Hard/Very Hard/Extremely Hard = 1 Category, or 5?
Let's get frisky.
Unless there's someone I can e-mail to ask a definite. =/
Do you have to be over 18 or something?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from MrSplaashMan:

Quote:
Age Limit
You must be 16 or older to attend by yourself. Anyone under the age of 16 cannot register and must accompany a parent or legal guardian to the event.
Ok Im over the age required and when you go to register for an sgdq account it doesnt let you put anything younger than march of 97, so i got confused haha
<(^_^)>
I tried to link a youtube playlist (a list of individual level runs, as a demonstration) but the form won't let me since it's too long. Anything I can do about this?
That's "Mr." Speedrunner, to you
Quote from kirbymastah:
I tried to link a youtube playlist (a list of individual level runs, as a demonstration) but the form won't let me since it's too long. Anything I can do about this?

A URL shortener?
wibbly wobbly timey wimey
Only thing I could possibly think of would be make a bomch.us link or something...
<(^_^)>
the bombchu link shortener works fine, thanks a lot!
Edit history:
Jaguar King: 2015-03-19 05:32:15 am
Jaguar King: 2015-03-19 04:58:32 am
Jaguar King: 2015-03-19 04:58:11 am
ok guys I have a question, can I submit two games in one submission? I'm submitting Metal Gear with two catagories NES version or MSX version and people can donate which version to be played during the marathon

or should I submit the separately?

also can we submit games now and vidoes for it later? I'm out of town right now and I won't be able to return till two weeks later.
I'm trying to submit my information and i keep getting a cloudfare error as in the picture http://puu.sh/gGG9W/0d2128f2cf.png  I can access the site fine, i only get that error when i click on the "Submit Runs" button at the bottom of the page....
Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated..
Quote from abiscuit:
How much interest would people have in doing a relay race for Super Mario All-Stars?

We were talking this with a few people at AGDQ '15 about this, i know theres' a lot of people for SMB2 and a couple interested in mario 1, just not sure about SMB3 and LL or if everyone is playing the SNES versions of the game.... It was one of the categories i wanted to submit myself
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-03-19 08:01:31 am
Quote from MrSplaashMan:
Ok Im over the age required and when you go to register for an sgdq account it doesnt let you put anything younger than march of 97, so i got confused haha

That is a bug, I will fix it right now. Do not lie about your birthdate, we need this information accurate for the event (and legal reasons).

Quote from GameJ06:
I'm trying to submit my information and i keep getting a cloudfare error as in the picture http://puu.sh/gGG9W/0d2128f2cf.png  I can access the site fine, i only get that error when i click on the "Submit Runs" button at the bottom of the page....
Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated..

Nevermind, I found yours, you're the only one triggering this error. I need more info on what you're submitting. Please PM me with the text of the submissions you're sending.
1-Up!
Quote from Jaguar King:
ok guys I have a question, can I submit two games in one submission? I'm submitting Metal Gear with two catagories NES version or MSX version and people can donate which version to be played during the marathon

or should I submit the separately?

also can we submit games now and vidoes for it later? I'm out of town right now and I won't be able to return till two weeks later.

One submission. The OP seems to indicate that it must be done all at once.
Not a walrus
I think the question is more "do I combine the two games into one" and I would say the answer is no, just mention you want it to be a bid war in both comments.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I think the question is more "do I combine the two games into one" and I would say the answer is no, just mention you want it to be a bid war in both comments.

welp too late for that, I already submit both versions in one submission because it seemd logical to me since they are the same game with the same name and same core gameplay as well.

my apologies for it
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Naegleria:
Why is editing not allowed?  Does the current system just not allow it?  Things can change in a run, like a new trick being found that shortens it (which happened to Super Mario Sunshine a year or two ago after it was submitted). 

I don't understand why editing submissions is a concern when people are abusing new submissions anyway and pushing some really inappropriate things to the list. People are being denied a very useful feature for something that is happening anyway.
Is the potential abuse about having to recheck submissions repeatedly because somebody keeps editing their post?
Quote from TheMG2:
Is the potential abuse about having to recheck submissions repeatedly because somebody keeps editing their post?

It is possible to write in edit tracking. I do understand that there are technical hurdles that would need to be overcome for them to be implemented properly, and saying just that the current system can't handle it is fine. Saying though that they're not willing to do it because of potential abuse when they put up a system that's being abused already doesn't make sense to me.
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from MrSplaashMan:

Quote:
Age Limit
You must be 16 or older to attend by yourself. Anyone under the age of 16 cannot register and must accompany a parent or legal guardian to the event.

Does this mean that I am unable to submit games to the marathon?