Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I mentioned in my submission for Shadow of the Colossus that I was only 22 seconds away from the record but just about an hour ago I got the record back. Is there anyway I can edit the submission description to update it? I already updated the video but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to edit the description.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Meowtain_Dew:
I mentioned in my submission for Shadow of the Colossus that I was only 22 seconds away from the record but just about an hour ago I got the record back. Is there anyway I can edit the submission description to update it? I already updated the video but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to edit the description.

We do not offer the ability to edit submission descriptions.
words on words on words
When can we expect the final list tomorrow?
#FailFish
Quote from JTBeezy:
When can we expect the final list tomorrow?

This.  I would love to not have to spend the whole day just refreshing.

Of course if you can't predict thats fine. Smiley
that Metroidvania guy
https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/589258920637571075

This will actually have to be pushed back a little bit, but now you have a definite time to be expecting everything. I apologize for the delay, but it could not be avoided.
#FailFish
Thanks Romscout! A bummer for sure, but much better to have a definite time than constant mystery resets!
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Meowtain_Dew:

Not even after the first round cuts?  Why not?  Videos and stuff can be changed right?
Hey quick question, I put on my submission that the game I play is on the Sega Genesis, but actually I play it off my xbox 360 from a Xbox Live Arcade download. Do I need to bring my whole console(built in memory unit) to play my game on for the marathon?
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Naegleria:
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Meowtain_Dew:

Not even after the first round cuts?  Why not?  Videos and stuff can be changed right?

This are just wild assumptions of mine, but for one trolls could still edit around their submissions to reflect badly on GDQ, for another it can combat 'I put up a little bit of an unforgiving estimate; I added 10 minutes to reflect that' — which will destroy any plans if 20+ % of submissions do that. And of course, even if you break your PB/the 'WR' multiple times the elevator pitch for your game should still be mostly valid, so why change?
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Hi_Im_Nastyy:
Hey quick question, I put on my submission that the game I play is on the Sega Genesis, but actually I play it off my xbox 360 from a Xbox Live Arcade download. Do I need to bring my whole console(built in memory unit) to play my game on for the marathon?

I would recommend planning on bringing it. Especially for special cases like that, it's hard to cover all the bases.

Quote from Alko:
Quote from Naegleria:
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Meowtain_Dew:

This are just wild assumptions of mine, but for one trolls could still edit around their submissions to reflect badly on GDQ, for another it can combat 'I put up a little bit of an unforgiving estimate; I added 10 minutes to reflect that' — which will destroy any plans if 20+ % of submissions do that. And of course, even if you break your PB/the 'WR' multiple times the elevator pitch for your game should still be mostly valid, so why change?

Pretty much this. No point in it, no need to moderate the changes, and once final game list is decided, there's REALLY no reason for it. The descriptions are for the selection process, and won't be on the schedule.
I wonder if I should change my estimated time?  I know I put down 36:00, but I seem to be getting sub 32:00 or 33:00 minutes on most of my practice runs.  Of course bad luck, failed tricks and mistakes are taken into account when I put in the time estimate, but should I put it either sub 34:00 or 35:00 minutes or just keep it under 36:00?
Fucking Weeaboo
Your listed time should not be your PB. It should account for bad luck and RNG. So I'd say keep it at 36 minutes.
Thanks Sir VG, I'll keep it as it is then.
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Hi_Im_Nastyy:

I would recommend planning on bringing it. Especially for special cases like that, it's hard to cover all the bases.

I think the xbox needs to be connected to Xbox Live to unlock the full game otherwise it goes back to trial mode. Can the xbox access the internet there just to sign in and play the game or would that cause problems?
As long as you purchased the game on that console, there shouldn't be a problem. If you purchased the game on somebody else's console and you want to have it moved, you can go to settings/account/Your Billing Options/License Transfer from there you can transfer the licenses of all properties you own. After that re-download your games and you should be able to play them without the internet. That way you'll have that base covered in case you aren't able to have an internet connection.

(it's probably better it isn't connected to the internet during the marathon as it's possible you can receive messages the entire time you're playing)
Quote from C.J.:
(it's probably better it isn't connected to the internet during the marathon as it's possible you can receive messages the entire time you're playing)

This happened on at least a few PC runs during SGDQ last year (including mine) because someone was logged in on steam. I will confirm it is quite a bit distracting when multiple ones stack on the screen at once, so I would say it's much better to prevent those from popping up if at all possible.
#FailFish
Ok, we're officially nearing the 24 hour mark.  How's everyone feeling?
Quote from Antilles58:
Ok, we're officially nearing the 24 hour mark.  How's everyone feeling?

I'm feeling aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
i'm really feeling it!
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from UchihaSasuke:
i'm really feeling it!

Attachment:
~
where is the cake eggman
Bruh-zilian speedboy
5 minutes late it's all ogre sgdq cancelled go home everybody
Long time Lurker
Quote from PerilousPeanut:

GDQ Gods have abandoned us, all hope is lost. We must blame 4/20 for today is 4/21 and random pop test day LEL
#FailFish
Quote from PerilousPeanut:

Dang I am in meetings all day at work today and I happened to have a 10 minute break right now!!!!! Nooooo!

I need to know whether my next 3 months is filled with crazy practice or crying alone in bed.
Fucking Weeaboo
Based upon my calculations, there's 906h 12m of runs pending yet for #SGDQ. Don't feel bad if yours didn't make it today. You're not alone.

Attachment: