--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
It's a bid war.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Ok, thank you very much.
Is there going to be a published list of reasons why games are rejected?  There is a particular game of which I'm a fan that I'm wondering why it has been rejected for two GDQs in a row.
Edit history:
TheMG2: 2015-04-26 10:11:06 pm
Last I heard, you had to ask.

I'm really confused about Kirby: Rainbow Curse any% getting in. From what I understand, the run is literally dying over and over for the game to let you skip ahead because too hard and that doesn't really sound fun to watch.

EDIT: thanks for fixing rainbow curse
fast video games
Im still getting a 503 error when i get on the page
Wheel of Time being rejected is a huge mistake. It's one of the most impressive runs I've ever watched and Shaddex does a fantastic job commentating every time. Plus, it's only ~20min so it shouldn't be hard to fit in.

Also, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a great watch as well. It's a very fast paced run and Bubbles is very good at commentary as well. The Elder Scrolls games are hugely popular and this one has never been in a GDQ before, so it should pull a ton of viewers and donations.
In particular, I'm wondering why A Link Between Worlds was rejected twice in a row when the original has been accepted many times in a row.  It's the direct sequel to A Link to the Past--in fact, it's called "Triforce of the Gods 2" in Japan.  The world record is within 4 minutes of the world record of the original--the two games are the same length within a margin of error.  The submitter is the world record holder.  The game shows a lot of cool glitches.

The fact that it's a 3DS game shouldn't matter; I mean, I heard that Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was accepted.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Server will be back up momentarily, we're upgrading it due to load.
Can i get a reason on my own game Deadpool? there are others that im baffled about but ill leave this to if the respective runner would rather ask
Anyone know who specifically I could message? Don't mean to be a bother, just really disappointed and confused about Wheel of Time.
Quote from Myria:
In particular, I'm wondering why A Link Between Worlds was rejected twice in a row when the original has been accepted many times in a row.  It's the direct sequel to A Link to the Past--in fact, it's called "Triforce of the Gods 2" in Japan.  The world record is within 4 minutes of the world record of the original--the two games are the same length within a margin of error.  The submitter is the world record holder.  The game shows a lot of cool glitches.

The fact that it's a 3DS game shouldn't matter; I mean, I heard that Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was accepted.

Shantae is actually going to be run on the Wii U version.  It's a pretty fun 3DS game too.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Quote from Myria:

I'm going to assume due to the fact that LBWs was done before while Shantae is a new game and it has the new game hype to it.
Edit history:
Antilles58: 2015-04-26 09:36:00 pm
Antilles58: 2015-04-26 09:33:35 pm
Antilles58: 2015-04-26 09:33:12 pm
Antilles58: 2015-04-26 09:32:58 pm
Antilles58: 2015-04-26 09:32:37 pm
#FailFish
Quote from TheMG2:
Last I heard, you had to ask..

I wasn't planning to, but since that sounds like it's a thing, any thoughts on DKC2 102%?  I know my own personal time was a little bit on the slower side, but some of the other entries for that category were really elite players.  Does the category have a chance in the future or should I just stop trying Tongue ?
fast video games
shame not to make the final cut, especially after all this waiting thats been killing me. Always next time
Fucking Weeaboo
Anybody that wants to join me here is welcome.

Attachment:
#FailFish
^

Dibs the room on the left!
fast video games
I dont have a reason to be salty. I dont decide what gets in. They made their choices and we cant change them. If they think certain game sbelong over others then it is what it is.
#FailFish
Quote from psychoripper:
I dont have a reason to be salty. I dont decide what gets in. They made their choices and we cant change them. If they think certain game sbelong over others then it is what it is.

I agree with that.  I've been joking a bit about it so far, but I do want to qualify everything by saying that the schedule looks really great!  There are a bunch of games/runs I am really excited to watch, and some friends that got in who I am really really excited for! 
Very Thanks..!!
I'm sad that my game got rejected (I think this is the first event I've outright seen Blaster Master rejected in), but I'm keeping my salt to a minimum. Just means more time for me to practice other games to learn for to submit at next GDQ.
There's been a mistake with the Wings of Vi submission. It says I got accepted instead of Shark3143, with a status comment of "Fastest runner has priority". However, Shark has had a personal best of about 1 minute faster than me for the same category during the last few weeks, and continues to hold that lead. He deserves to represent Wings of Vi for the category selected, and I would like to defer to him. If there is another place where I need to state this in order to get the change to happen, please someone let me know. I entered my submission knowing he was the faster runner but I was hoping to race him or compliment his run with a bonus category. Thanks.
I think it means that even though your run was marked as the one accepted, they'll let whoever is better run.
Edit history:
2dos: 2015-04-26 11:57:37 pm
DK64's console should change to "Wii U VC", as Virtual Console is faster and safer than N64 (I have already subtracted the proper amount of time beforehand, so the 2:35 estimate is correct)
The reason for the majority of the cuts is simply "10 times more runs were submitted than we have time for".  Not making the final cut doesn't mean they thought it was a bad run.
Quote from DrTChops:
Wheel of Time being rejected is a huge mistake.
Quote from Kotti:
Quote from DrTChops:
Wheel of Time being rejected is a huge mistake.