page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I doubt it really matters at all.
Quote from KentaKurodani:
How recent does a video have to be for a submission to be relevant?

I think the ultimate purpose for submission videos is to either show off a video with good (informative) commentary, and enough evidence that the run would be entertaining enough and marathon-friendly. It shouldn't hurt if it's an older run, and you have PB'd since then. as that is only more evidence that you have been/are currently improving your time. You'll have to prove that you have been practicing once the game has been selected anyway, so I'd go with one that you find informative and/or entertaining.
Can't wait to Z-Something awesome!
Quote from TrUShade:
Quote from zettovyker:
Probably going to submit a couple of 'just for fun' runs buuuuuuuuut

I'm really curious if there are people who are already attending/running would be interested in learning the route for 4-Player Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?

I've finally got my NA-1-player glitchless any% under 3 hours and hopefully it will go lower if things just drop smoothly and with more practice. But I figured having it be 4 players would allow better donation incentives via name the 4 players. Though, my one real issue is getting a japanese copy of the game to just make it quicker for the money glitch. Beyond that, I think it would be a blast to just cruise through the game with cool spell fusions and all.

Uhh Ghoul02 has submitted that. So you may want to go ask him about it

*bows* Haha, oh man if he's manning the guns then by all means he can definitely take it. My PB just went down to 2:44 but I know how tight the schedule is always going to be and every minute counts.
that Metroidvania guy
Quote from puri_puri:
One of the runs I want to submit is Any% Elder Scrolls Anthology, which runs all five games included in The Elder Scrolls Anthology, but I'm not sure if it counts as one run against the five-run limit or takes up all five. Here's a VOD of the run: http://www.twitch.tv/puri_puri/c/6160240

I've sent an email to SGDQ staff about this a few days ago and haven't heard back Sad

Sorry for missing your email. We decided that this will count as 5 games instead of 1.
I've gotten several comments that my submission (Eternal Daughter) doesn't have music, so I just wanted to clarify that music is one of my donation incentives. It would be in the form of a bid war between the OST and anniversary soundtrack. Using in-game music would add like 5 minutes to each category, so I feel it's best to not make than an option (it sounds just like the OST, just synced up to what area I'm in rather than a series of tracks).

It slipped my mind that my youtube recordings don't use any music and that I should mention that in my pitch.
may use a few too many Kappas
Hmm, if the Run Description was the place to mention any donation incentives, that should have been made more clear. I was already trying not to go into full Twitter-speak on some of my pitches. I would have mentioned the potential bid war for Pokemon choice in Pokemon Puzzle League, as it is purely cosmetic to the run.

Oh well.
All the things
There will be a separate thread later for putting in donation incentives and otherwise. For you to mention incentives in your pitch, it should be something particularly compelling, or to state things like bid wars or especially unique challenges.
Edit history:
BOWIEtheHERO: 2015-03-29 07:12:19 pm
Someone was asking about the quality of the commentary, I want to submit a run, but I have a better commentary on the J-version of the run and not the version I WOULD run at the event, only difference is text speed. Is it ok to submit the J-version video (will run the English version) for commentary reasons if the differences are outlined?
If the submission committee makes regular stops in the thread, I would like to take a second to appeal for another WayForward mini-block this year at SGDQ.  In the case of Mighty Switch Force! 2 progressing, I would be more than happy to have TheSoundDefense run Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.  He's definitely a solid runner, and I'd love to supplement his run with my commentary with his permission.

In the off chance he can't make it out if it does end up making the final cuts, I could definitely fill in his shoes, but I would personally love to see both the Mighty series and Shantae get some loving again this year.
Just so you know Hagspam and I have different views on what is any% in Mega Man Rock Force. What he calls any% easy I say is any% and his any% is more of any% default settings.
This is not the giant
What's the policy of allowing a commentator to be on a Skype call during the run? There's someone who I would like to help explain the run as I play but it's unlikely that he'll be able to show up in person.
Quote from PvtCb:
What's the policy of allowing a commentator to be on a Skype call during the run? There's someone who I would like to help explain the run as I play but it's unlikely that he'll be able to show up in person.

Second this, thinking of asking GoldwaterDLS is he would want to do developer commentary for Mega Man Rock Force
Hey question for any staff here, I put a video with my submission, but it was a twitch past broadcast timestamp and the video got deleted, any chance I could replace the video? I have another to use but obv I cant edit the submission.
Question - My PB video I was intending to submit got bopped by Twitch ContentID. It affects the second half of the run, but I'd rather use it as it features far better commentary than my previous runs. If I can't get the audio block lifted, is it acceptable to submit a run that's half muted, or should I just throw in a worse video instead?
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Skype calls cannot be used for runner commentary. It requires a significant technical/time investment and is only reserved for special functions such as developer commentary.

Jovo: That should be fine, as long as the full run is visible. Ideally with some example of good commentary in the first part (but not required, especially if you have someone else to commentate for you).
Quote from Cool Matty:
Jovo: That should be fine, as long as the full run is visible. Ideally with some example of good commentary in the first part (but not required, especially if you have someone else to commentate for you).

I opted to use a different run instead. After reviewing it, it's not as big of a deal as previously thought. Thanks for the reply, though!
Hi! I noticed that in my game submission my video link did not get saved when i submitted. Is there anything I can do? I'd really like to add it on, since I only have one category
Edit history:
Shadow Jacky: 2015-04-02 08:49:40 am
Shadow Jacky: 2015-04-02 08:49:12 am
fucking .gif....
so I keep getting this screen everytime I resubmit my run

http://i.imgur.com/uKvuqlM.png

dumb thing is I submitted my run sometime last week and until recently I just noticed it was completely gone like I didn't submit anything at all, so what gives?
Edit history:
SpootyBiscuit: 2015-04-02 03:22:57 pm
SpootyBiscuit: 2015-04-02 03:22:38 pm
SpootyBiscuit: 2015-04-02 03:21:53 pm
SpootyBiscuit: 2015-04-02 03:20:46 pm
I know it's a bit late to change the website at this point, but as a heads up for next time... I hit submit and got the "Whoops, your stream format is invalid." Which is a little annoying because I'd only omitted the http://, but whatever. More annoyingly, though, it wiped all of my category info when it did this. Hastily refilled everything out and messed up one of the category lines (which is my own damn fault - Descent II's category should be "Hotshot Any%" rather than just another link to my vod).

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if you have a lot of submissions with missing category info because of this. Definitely something to change in the future.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Quote from Shadow Jacky:
so I keep getting this screen everytime I resubmit my run

http://i.imgur.com/uKvuqlM.png

dumb thing is I submitted my run sometime last week and until recently I just noticed it was completely gone like I didn't submit anything at all, so what gives?

Your submission was looked at and was found to have language that we considered inappropriate and offensive.  As such, it was erased.
Today's Salt is Tomorrow's Rust
I have another issue to bring up as well. My run was registered under my name, "Ritz Blues", but now GameDoneQuick.com doesn't recognize my email as being registered on the site. The run is publicly visible on the submissions page with all of the accurate information, but my login to the site no longer works. I re-registered under the same name/email, but the submission is not linked to the login. I just want to be sure my submission isn't invalidated by this, and that people can communicate with me if needed. Otherwise, I'm hoping that people find the run entertaining.
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-04-02 05:55:26 pm
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Ritzblues:
I have another issue to bring up as well. My run was registered under my name, "Ritz Blues", but now GameDoneQuick.com doesn't recognize my email as being registered on the site. The run is publicly visible on the submissions page with all of the accurate information, but my login to the site no longer works. I re-registered under the same name/email, but the submission is not linked to the login. I just want to be sure my submission isn't invalidated by this, and that people can communicate with me if needed. Otherwise, I'm hoping that people find the run entertaining.

Email addresses are case sensitive. (PM me your second account and I'll delete it for you)
Submitted my run yesterday, but I beat the world record for the game I'm playing shortly after I submitted my PB. Does that matter at all?
words on words on words
Quote from TheMightyHeffer:
Submitted my run yesterday, but I beat the world record for the game I'm playing shortly after I submitted my PB. Does that matter at all?

Only thing that should matter is if you keep playing the game Smiley
Quote from JTBeezy:
Quote from TheMightyHeffer:

Only thing that should matter is if you keep playing the game Smiley

I mostly just want to know if it's going to influence my chances of being accepted haha