Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 ... 13, 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
So, my submission for Streets of Rage 2 is accepted but the person I submitted to race against was rejected? Was this just to make the time accurate or are we not racing?
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Guys, as far as bringing consoles and stuff, this is the basic lowdown:

A. If you have a game that requires digital purchase, bring the console.
B. Same goes if it has DLC or some other special requirement, like other regions.
C. ALL RUNNERS are expected to bring their controller and game. If you cannot bring this for some reason, you MUST arrange an alternative. This is your primary responsibility as a runner.
D. Older consoles like SNES and such are typically numerous, but the only way to guarantee yourself a system to practice on at any point is to bring your own.
E. If you are a PC runner, you are still expected to bring the game with you. Do NOT rely on downloading it at the event, internet is not always guaranteed. Steam has mechanisms for backing up games, use it.
F. Also, if you are PC runner and you know your game is notoriously buggy, you may wish to bring your own PC/laptop. This is acceptable, but it must have a working HDMI output for us to capture from. Please test HDMI mirroring, such as with a TV in your house.

I will talk with staff about other equipment and special requirements for runners later.
Uhhhh 10
Just a question: would runners who have their game coming up have some kind of priority in the practice room? I just want to make sure that I won't end up going into my run without warming up because all of the setups are taken by people practicing longer runs.
Edit history:
Vulajin: 2015-04-29 01:29:31 am
Yes, runners with upcoming runs have priority. If you ever need help finding a station, feel free to ask a staff member.
Hello all - I run oregon trail on an apple II emulator. Does this mean that I need to bring my tower with me? I had initially assumed we could use a PC there and download the emulator and game, but if I need to bring something, please let me know. (I'm flying from South Carolina and my only portable PC is my macbook pro) Thank you =)
WOW.
Quote from Skybilz:
Hello all - I run oregon trail on an apple II emulator. Does this mean that I need to bring my tower with me? I had initially assumed we could use a PC there and download the emulator and game, but if I need to bring something, please let me know. (I'm flying from South Carolina and my only portable PC is my macbook pro) Thank you =)

I don't think they would expect you to bring your whole computer just to run an emulator. Bringing it all on a USB drive would probebly be suffice.
Snow Problem
What if there is a potential donation incentive that needs to be discussed? When will that be discussed?
Thank you, Chrno Smiley
Ok so I imagine it probably wont be an issue but just to be sure for kirby tilt n' tumble I can only be at max about 4 1/2 feet from where gamecube cords will be plugged in (with default cables).  If I will need to be any further just let me know so I can prepare accordingly.  Thanks.
Edit history:
Rotorstorm331: 2015-04-29 08:17:24 pm
Question?  My brother is coming with me to the event, do I put him under my children attending list or is there another way?

Also, in regards to card number, MM/ YY, and CVC, with do I do there?
Quote from Rotorstorm331:
Question?  My brother is coming with me to the event, do I put him under my children attending list or is there another way?

Also, in regards to card number, MM/ YY, and CVC, with do I do there?

Two questions regarding your brother:

A. Are you over the age of 21?
B. Is he 16 years old or older?

For credit card:
MM/YY is the expiration date listed on your card (09/16 for instance, for September 2016)
CVC/CVV is the 3 digit code normally found on the back of the card. It varies though, so Google your exact credit card brand (Chase, Capital One, Discover, etc) to find out.
Edit history:
Rotorstorm331: 2015-04-29 08:36:13 pm
A. Yeah, I'm over 21.
B. He's also over 21.

I thought that was for the cards given out for the event; silly me.  I'll make sure to take of that tomorrow.  (Sorry, its my first time registering for the event.)
Then he needs to make an account, register, and pay for himself. The children option is only for those under the age of 16 who cannot register for themselves.
Thanks Matty, I'll tell him that tomorrow.  I'll go ahead and edit my profile while I'm at it, thanks again.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
i have a few questions:

to play a game, is the setup in the event up to the runner or are there predefined setups?
i'm asking because i'm playing a game from a SD console (F-Zero GX) but i've only played SD games on HDTVs for many years with special equipment (i have a Framemeister now for old stuff). i figured that, since i've played for so long like this, i got used to the 2-3 frames of lag and going to a CRT could throw off my timing (last time i used a CRT was 8 years ago) and i have no way to use a CRT these days. what i ask is, is it possible for the runner to use a setup identical to what they use at home? also, is there a Framemeister for runners among the equipment at the event?

also, a runner can use a practice station as much as they want and at any time?

another thing, is it possible for a runner to have their run be on a specific time? since this is also the first time i'm leaving my country, i feel like nerves might get in the way too easily if i don't get comfortable enough. i'll be going to the event all week (as of now) but it'd be pretty good if my run was in the latter half if possible. that way i can be sure i'm in top form and pretty used to the setting to reduce nerves as much as possible.
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-04-30 11:27:32 am
Quote from UchihaSasuke:
i have a few questions:

to play a game, is the setup in the event up to the runner or are there predefined setups?
i'm asking because i'm playing a game from a SD console (F-Zero GX) but i've only played SD games on HDTVs for many years with special equipment (i have a Framemeister now for old stuff). i figured that, since i've played for so long like this, i got used to the 2-3 frames of lag and going to a CRT could throw off my timing (last time i used a CRT was 8 years ago) and i have no way to use a CRT these days. what i ask is, is it possible for the runner to use a setup identical to what they use at home? also, is there a Framemeister for runners among the equipment at the event?

also, a runner can use a practice station as much as they want and at any time?

another thing, is it possible for a runner to have their run be on a specific time? since this is also the first time i'm leaving my country, i feel like nerves might get in the way too easily if i don't get comfortable enough. i'll be going to the event all week (as of now) but it'd be pretty good if my run was in the latter half if possible. that way i can be sure i'm in top form and pretty used to the setting to reduce nerves as much as possible.

A. We had a big problem with TV swapping at AGDQ and we're not looking to repeat it. We go through a lot of effort to pick the best and lowest latency TVs for the stream room. This includes the LCD TV for our HD games. Now, if you want to bring your framemeister, and hope that our TV matches your TV's lag, you can. But I would strongly recommend you find a freebie CRT somewhere and learn to use it. Hospitals and schools are often throwing them away.
B. No, we will not have a framemeister to provide you. We only have one and it is reserved for the stream room in case of problems (we typically do not hook it up). Bring your own if you need it, treat it like your console. Bring it to the stream room for your run.
C. You can use the practice room as much as you want, with the sole exception being that those with runs before you have priority if the room is full.
D. We cannot guarantee any scheduling block during the event for that purpose, no. It would be unfair to the other runners to give priority like that. Focus is on scheduling around when people are available, which is a difficult challenge in itself. If you're going to be there the entire event, you can come a day before the event and get plenty of practice in. We will be posting the schedule long before the event so you know what to expect.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
oh i see.
well, it was worth asking to prepare accordingly.
Should we be looking toward May 9 (two weeks after the release of the games list) for the release of the schedule?
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
There is no specific day of release (the games committee's availability is subject to their day jobs' workload; romscout's work involves a lot of travel and events).  Our target release date is in 1-2 weeks pending work schedules.  If we feel that we won't hit that timeframe, we'll let you guys know ASAP.

I fully appreciate the hard work that goes into these events, but the above image (from the GDQ website's FAQ section) is just another sign of miscommunication. That FAQ was updated after the initial delay for the games list, and of course, is not accurate information to date. There is a point at which miscommunication is honestly very frustrating as a participant and supporter, and to many others, including myself, that line has been far breached.

No one but the committee is responsible for setting up deadlines, but they're scarcely followed and even less so well communicated to the public.
By the way I lowered my Superstar Saga estimate to 1:40:00 since I'll be using the English version on Wii U VC now.

I'd be comfortable lowering it to 1:35:00 but I added an extra 5 minutes for time to show off glitches.
tonic: it says right there that it's an estimate, not a deadline.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Quote from tonic:

That FAQ was updated after the initial delay for the games list, and of course, is not accurate information to date.

It has since been changed.  Thanks for letting us know.
I'm still a bit confused on scheduling itself, I'm flying into the event on the 30th, and i land at around 10am, should i still put that i am there the 30th? Or should i put 31st for availability?
Quote from BystanderTim:
I'm still a bit confused on scheduling itself, I'm flying into the event on the 30th, and i land at around 10am, should i still put that i am there the 30th? Or should i put 31st for availability?

Put the 30th, but romscout's already aware.