Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
yeah, that doesn't surprise me too much. those machines have integrated video instead of real graphics hardware. basically drawing the frames on the screen is killing me on the mac side right now and i haven't found the time to rewrite display in a mac-native way. that's probably what's pegging the cpus. well, if you found something that's working for you, then that's great, but i will take this as more motivation to fix the video drawing issue on the mac side.
ok so i got norichan working on my mac. just did a test on kingdoms of amalur with my ps3 over component cables. i have an 883 meg avi file on my mac that i could post somehow to verify.

can i use something to encode that on a mac? i use anrichan on a pc, but i dont think i can use anrichan on my mac can i?
why did you want to post it?
oh i wasnt entirely sure what i needed to do to help beta test. i figured the clip would need to be of a certain quality for norichan to be working?

do you want/need anything from me to help make sure its working?
try making a slightly shorter clip, should be able to get it under 500 meg, and probably one of the free file hosts will host it ...
new release. b9. see first post for download links.

the display menu returns, this time with f1 and f2 display. if you don't like the field-split artifacts for d1 stuff then try f2 display. this should work as an interim solution until i get a more advanced deinterlacer in there.

window menu with "always on top" option.

all settings except capture file location are now saved.
nate, do you know of any utilities out there that can switch drivers on the fly? if not, could you write something to do that? so we can click a button to change from your drivers to the directshow drivers and vise versa? I looked around before but didn't find anything. Probably doesn't exist...but just wanted to know if you knew anything.
i could probably write something to do it but it would be windows 7 only, and maybe vista. is anyone here running xp?

alternative is to install both drivers, then, when you plug the easycap into one usb port, install the manufacturer's driver, and then, when you plug it into a different port, install the norichan driver. then you just have to remember which port is which ...
Edit history:
Shiden: 2012-02-17 11:07:55 pm
Ah I never thought of that, I know I'm running Windows 7 x64 Tongue People really should upgrade to 7 now-a-days, or just wait for 8..XP really isn't as great as it used to be. I must admit though I do miss the audio system, having to use a work-around DLL (Creative ALchemy) to get hardware acceleration is a headache.
unfortunately i'm stuck on it and on 10.6 on the mac side for the foreseeable future due to needing to support them when i build stuff. it's not easy being a software developer.
Have you ever thought about using 7 as your main and having XP run in a virtual machine, like VirtualBox? :O
for windows it's less of a big deal since i only ever use it for building stuff and testing it. actually the xp i'm talking about is already a vm since os x is my main os.
Edit history:
Shiden: 2012-02-18 01:04:12 am
Shiden: 2012-02-18 12:58:43 am
b9 is definitely an improvement. Using Display -> F2 the jitter/bobbing is completely gone! I did however notice something weird, if I select F2 and plug my PS2 into the Easycap only without splitting to my TV, this weird wavey effect goes from top-left to bottom-right over and over. T_T Good thing I plan on using my splitter I made while using norichan.. I'll try to make a recording of it so you can see.

Isn't there a way to make it so you can add attachments in edit mode? Sad Well, I just put it in my dropbox instead: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8817193/2012-02-17_235126629.mp4
torch slug since 2006
nice improvements, thanks.
attaching a little sample of d4 f2, figured you might wanna look for chroma ghosting.
its worth noting that i uninstalled cccp and are using the huffy ballofsnow posted in a thread somewhere here..

Quote from Shiden:
b9 is definitely an improvement. Using Display -> F2 the jitter/bobbing is completely gone! I did however notice something weird, if I select F2 and plug my PS2 into the Easycap only without splitting to my TV, this weird wavey effect goes from top-left to bottom-right over and over. T_T Good thing I plan on using my splitter I made while using norichan.. I'll try to make a recording of it so you can see.

Isn't there a way to make it so you can add attachments in edit mode? Sad Well, I just put it in my dropbox instead: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8817193/2012-02-17_235126629.mp4

it's on my list but it's not a trivial change which is why it hasn't happened yet.

cute interference btw. it's easy to forget how easily analog video signals can pick up stuff like that. looks low frequency, makes me think of like a fridge or something, but who knows.

Quote from DJS:
nice improvements, thanks.
attaching a little sample of d4 f2, figured you might wanna look for chroma ghosting.
its worth noting that i uninstalled cccp and are using the huffy ballofsnow posted in a thread somewhere here..

this looks good.
"Mute Audio Preview" btw isn't saved when you exit. Almost woke the house up! T_T

Well damn, I've never had interference before, ever, and it's suddenly gone. I have no idea what could of caused it. I haven't moved or changed anything around in my room at all. WEIRD! :|
I have new potentially viable idea for deinterlacing for Nori-chan. Not only does AmarecTV have a really good deinterlacer, but that a standalone version of that deinterlacer is included in the form of a directshow filter. If you wanted to implement a direct show rendering method, you could most likely also use that filter to get pretty good deinterlaced preview.

This idea presents two large problems however:
The first is that it would completely screw cross platform support as directshow is obviously a windows only thing.
The second is that if you wanted to distribute the AmDeinterlace.ax filter with nori, you would need to either get permission from the author, or force the user to go and get the filter themselves.
Quote from Shiden:
"Mute Audio Preview" btw isn't saved when you exit. Almost woke the house up! T_T

Well damn, I've never had interference before, ever, and it's suddenly gone. I have no idea what could of caused it. I haven't moved or changed anything around in my room at all. WEIRD! :|

fridge or microwave or cordless phone or something maybe. doesn't have to be yours.

i don't save mute audio because people have a tendency to forget about it and think audio is broken. restarting norichan will fix it for those people.

Quote from Tranquilite:
I have new potentially viable idea for deinterlacing for Nori-chan. Not only does AmarecTV have a really good deinterlacer, but that a standalone version of that deinterlacer is included in the form of a directshow filter. If you wanted to implement a direct show rendering method, you could most likely also use that filter to get pretty good deinterlaced preview.

This idea presents two large problems however:
The first is that it would completely screw cross platform support as directshow is obviously a windows only thing.
The second is that if you wanted to distribute the AmDeinterlace.ax filter with nori, you would need to either get permission from the author, or force the user to go and get the filter themselves.

what do we think about me just adding field blending as an option?
Edit history:
Tranquilite: 2012-02-19 04:23:06 pm
Quote from nate:
what do we think about me just adding field blending as an option?

Honestly, field blending should be great. Seeing as how the main purpose of nori is inexpensive, good quality, cross platform, and user friendly capture; anything else is just icing on the cake.
Does anyone know where you can order the right ones in Germany/Europe in general?
new release. b10. links in first post.

interlaced/field blended display. let me know what you think. thanks.
Edit history:
Shiden: 2012-02-27 11:26:09 am
How can I go about repeating a project for a different avi file in Anri-chan? For the purpose of posting samples of course, of the new display options you have added. Smiley

Also I still would love to see an option to resize the display that the EasyCAP produces, any progress with such a feature? Keeping the aspect ratio of course, maybe adding a "Preview Size" menu with such options in percentages, example would be like:

50%
100%
125%
150%
175%
200%

Not sure anything more than that would be necessary. Would like to say too that the new display options look nice, although I really can't tell the difference between F2 and Field-blending, am I blind? Sad
Quote from Shiden:
How can I go about repeating a project for a different avi file in Anri-chan? For the purpose of posting samples of course, of the new display options you have added. Smiley

are you doing screen capture of norichan? otherwise there's no point. display has no effect on the captured avi.

Quote from Shiden:
Also I still would love to see an option to resize the display that the EasyCAP produces, any progress with such a feature? Keeping the aspect ratio of course, maybe adding a "Preview Size" menu with such options in percentages, example would be like:

good idea.

Quote from Shiden:
Would like to say too that the new display options look nice, although I really can't tell the difference between F2 and Field-blending, am I blind? Sad

it will depend somewhat on the source. horizontal motion helps to distinguish the new modes.
Ok yeah you said that the preview has no effect on the captured file, my bad. For some reason I forgot, seems like I have a short term memory problem, guess I should run Memtest on my brain, LOL. Playing with Field-blending on seems like the best to my eyes. But I would play with anything but F1 because of the bobbing/jittering.
f1 is by far the best for d4 sources. for a d1 source all bets are off because true deinterlacing is necessary.