page  <- 12345678910111213 <- 1 ... 13
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Murderbydeath: 2012-05-05 05:55:52 am
I have one of the compatible EasyCaps with the crappy audio, but I hadn't been using audio through Norichan for a while; hell, I didn't even use audio for a while, because I didn't have Y splitters. Now I do, however, and I've encountered an issue. I have two different ways to capture audio: through my EasyCap (by listening to the USB audio device) and through a line-in adapter (through Norichan). Through both setups I have the same issue, though: the video is slightly behind the audio. Is this a problem on Norichan's end or mine? What could the issue possibly be? It's noticeably off, unfortunately Sad
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2012-05-05 07:40:31 am
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Do you mean in the preview window of norichan or in the captured file? If it's in the preview window this is completely normal really. As long as the captured file is correct you will be fine.
SEGA Junkie
Even if it's incorrect in the capture, you can fix it in the encode by (if you use Anri-Chan) adding a DelayAudio() line in the .avs file for each quality. What I'd recommend doing is opening it up in VLC (or media player of choice) and changing the audio sync in that til you find something that sounds in sync, and take the offset that gives you and put it between the brackets in that line, in seconds. And don't forget to make it negative if the audio is already behind. So 0.500 for half a second ahead, -1.000 for a second behind, etc.
It is indeed through the preview window (that I use while streaming). It's good to know that the capture file will likely be synced just fine, and if not, I will definitely try out your suggestion(s), Mike. Thanks.
new version posted. i decided to update norichan because i finally figured out how to get real opengl display working. this may make it possible for you to use norichan if you couldn't before due to inadequate system resources (especially cpu/video hardware).
Edit history:
DJS: 2012-05-30 02:06:24 pm
torch slug since 2006
took me til now to notice the "channels" in norichan. what do they do?

edit: field-blending is awesome for games like super c, which uses alot of 1 frame visual stuff (like the intro where the logo is on the left side one frame, and on the right one frame, it looks great in norichan)
Edit history:
Tranquilite: 2012-05-31 03:46:10 am
Tranquilite: 2012-05-31 03:45:51 am
The channels may have something to do with the 4-channel easycap which also has the stk-1160 chipset.

I'm a bit sad that openGL is the only rendering method now. I really like the other, more resource intensive method as it was the only one that worked well with SCFH. The other features in the latest beta are nice though, but since I have a really beefy computer, I will probably continue using the previous beta. If you decide to do any more updates, I would also appreciate it if you made it so that you could switch between render methods. SCFH just doesn't like openGL applications. Once again, I'd like to say that I really appreciate all the work you've put into making this program. It's a real pity that it turned out that there are no consistent sources of these devices.
it is indeed for the four-channel easycaps. not relevant to norichan but it snuck in anyway, oops.

thanks for the feedback, tranquilite.
Edit history:
DJS: 2012-07-31 12:38:15 pm
DJS: 2012-07-31 12:37:39 pm
torch slug since 2006
i myself got a mac mini 2011 recently, it has a 2.3ghz i5, 8gb ram, intel hd 3000, mountain lion etc. and i tried norichan on it, and not surprisingly it worked fine. at first i didnt think it had been installed because i just unpacked the .zip, and i was expecting an install, instead i got this black square which i thought was a glitched "drag -> applications" installer, but then i realized that it is actually norichan, so wow, super simple on mac.

i can provide some raw, or some lq/mq/hq if you tell me an alternative for anri-chan on mac, but i guess its not that interesting, and i will still use my pc for streaming/recording so, i wont really use it, but i wanted to try it.

if i have to complaint on something, it is i couldnt find a way to lower the input volume, it was very loud. now, that i think of it, its not your/norichan's fault, since in windows i used windows own audio driver to lower it, osx probably has one too, but im so blind in this os, its my first time using it.
hmmmm ... try apple menu -> system preferences -> sound -> input tab. you may be able to adjust it in there.

anyway, cool to hear it's working. it probably works much better under os x than under windows assuming the same system specs due to how i had to do the driver under windows.
Intruding N313 and F014
Yeah, I also got mac mini from 2011, running Lion, from work that I can use.  It runs Norichan very well.  In fact, it doesn't use up 100% CPU, which is a problem I have on my laptop.  I plan on using that computer for streaming as soon as I get an external microphone.
torch slug since 2006
i got a better desk set up now so i actually can use my mac more, so i messed around with norichan today. so here is a sample, if you are interested. i did not play on the preview window, i found it way too laggy and choppy. activity monitor said that norichan used ~30% of the cpu while recording.

also i encoded it in a vm (xp 32bit) for shits and giggles. its sm64, on n64-jpn, ntsc s-video btw... now im gonna try to find a good streaming app for mac.

cool, looks good.

i used to use ustream broadcaster.
Quote from nate:
new version posted. i decided to update norichan because i finally figured out how to get real opengl display working. this may make it possible for you to use norichan if you couldn't before due to inadequate system resources (especially cpu/video hardware).

I know the main post says cancelled yet you release b12... has any change of mind occurred within ya nate to work on it any more as of today? Shocked
b12 was just because i knew some people still used this program and true opengl display was such an enormous improvement to performance and so easy for me to integrate (like 10 minutes of work) that i felt that it was worth releasing a new version of a discontinued program.

norichan in its current form is probably feature-complete; the only change i would make for a "daughter of norichan" program would be to port the easycap driver from libusb-win32 to libusbk in a quest for better performance under windows.

basically sda needs to standardize on analog capture hardware and when they discontinued the dc60, the easycap norichan was written to work with, it tore the heart out of the project. the only other device i can think of that has that kind of widespread availability is the dazzle dvc-100. with no open source driver (that i know of anyway), writing a driver for that device would be full scale reverse engineering - including the audio part from what i've heard - and i simply don't have time for that. i am also afraid that the dvc-100 would be canceled immediately after i finished the work. hell, it could already have been canceled and i would have no idea.
It is probably for the better that you discontinued this project nate. I purchased another easycap for a friend recently and found that it had pretty decent windows drivers despite not being compatible with nori (this was a DC 60++ or something). I tried to purchase another one for myself, but this one ended up being "compatible" with nori instead (was recognized by nori, and driver installed just fine) but would only display a garbled image with composite and on PAL. The "official" stk1160 driver had similar problems but was stuck on NTSC composite (would throw exceptions when the driver attempted to change video modes.

I'm starting to think that there is a course at some Chinese university called "video capture devices" where the final project is to design and release another easycap revision. I would give my most recent easycap a C-
torch slug since 2006
i think these easycaps should be pretty "consistent" http://www.ezcap.tv/usb-video-capture/ezcap116-capture-card

ive been meaning to buy one myself, but i want my current one to break first (the one nate sent me). the audio it produces is really flat and disorted, so its getting there.
Quote from DJS:
i think these easycaps should be pretty "consistent" http://www.ezcap.tv/usb-video-capture/ezcap116-capture-card

ive been meaning to buy one myself, but i want my current one to break first (the one nate sent me). the audio it produces is really flat and disorted, so its getting there.

They don't work with nori. Reason I wrote the guide really.
torch slug since 2006
Quote from TheThrillness:
They don't work with nori. Reason I wrote the guide really.

yeah i know, but they could be the sda standards (if they arent already).
i pretty much decided that i need to contract with a manufacturer to produce capture devices whose design (i.e. board layout) i own.

i'm not quite there yet.
A nate branded capture device would be pretty badass I bet. I'd buy one, get to it! Grin
I've always dreamed of a capture device being an all in one solution, internal or external.

By an all in one solution I mean,

1. Supports Composite, S-Video, Component and HDMI and I guess SCART RGB if you want.
2. Supports all resolutions applicable (from 240p upwards to 720p), 1080 if you want
3. Has inbuilt lagless pass through (eg Intensity Pro)
4. 3D Comb Filter for composite.
5. DirectShow drivers that are stable.

Currently the solution for someone looking to invest a little bit is the PEXHDCAP but since we don't have composite or s-video on that, a card like a Dazzle to handle that part is needed but then there is no 3d comb filter so you'd need a DVD recorder after that and y splitters.... you can see how messy it could get pretty fast.

I have my eyes on the XCAPTURE-1 which should fulfill all of the above requirements besides number 3: http://gigazine.jp/img/2012/10/04/micomsoft-ceatec-jp-2012/GIG_6704.jpg