Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Let the music play!
Would it be possible to set up nori so in PAL mode it can recognise both 60 and 50 fps signals? In games where you have the option to change, the choice is generally in regular PAL signal, so nori gives a blank screen in those sections in PAL 60 mode. It's a minor issue, really, but it may be more relevant to certain games.
Edit history:
nate: 2011-11-21 11:00:15 am
wtf. this is the first i've ever heard of that.

afaik there is no working resolution autodetect in the hardware ... i'll look at it again sometime to make sure.

edit: to clarify, i obviously know what you mean about the game starting in pal-50 and giving the option to change to pal-60. but since sda doesn't require that you show that i don't see how it's a big deal. you can just manually change in the software and then soft reset the game. for a second i thought you were talking about games that switch between pal-50 and pal-60 willynilly (like during cutscenes for example) which i've never heard of before.
just posted b8 which should have a fix for the green frames in captured files problem.
I want off the ride....
Hrm, ok.. I guess I think you were hoping to fix the display?

It is currently 1pixel bobbing like a pro (on the display). But not so much in the recording. I can catch a few bobs but they could be just false positives by eye as I haven't actually sat down and frame by framed it.

But atm, its hard to watch anything in norichan.

i am on win7x64 btw donno if that changes anything
Edit history:
DJS: 2011-11-22 08:22:08 am
torch slug since 2006
forgot i had a eee netbook which has pretty low-end specs (intel atom 1.83ghz, 1gb ram, xp 32bit, intel gma 3150 integrated graphics), and i tried norichan on it. and it didnt work to well....
it kinda looks like its 2 video streams, i dont know how to explain it, but i let the attached stuff speak for it self (one of the attached ones is from my main computer though so you can see if you solved that chroma ghosting or whatever it was).
i will give you some direct stream copy if you want to, but i dont see the reason.

preview window on the netbook worked good, i played at it and it did some lag spikes some times but not much.

edit : both done with b8 ofcourse

Attachments:
rane, what game are you watching? d1 stuff will display with what looks like 1-pixel bob but it's actually just because it's field-split. d4 stuff should look more or less perfect. the capture file is created differently - it's a standard interlaced file supposedly suitable for use with anri (though i need snow to look into this chroma ghosting thing that djs got yesterday).

hahahaha djs, that netbook video is awesome. i think i know why it's doing that but it's very difficult to explain. suffice to say people with weak systems are going to get some really weird stuff. actually i don't know whether it's the cpu or the disk in this case - could be both. if i can figure out a faster way to draw on the screen then i can get some cpu back but i can't realistically do anything about the disk except ask people to use a faster disk.
torch slug since 2006
haha yeah, its really. i have never seen anything like it. for me it dosent matter too much if you solve it or not but i guess its good for people with similar systems.

my netbooks hdd is a 5400rpmer, and the cpu is single-core dual-threaded
Let the music play!
Ok, the PAL 50/60 thing is a lazy request on my part. Another slightly more practical one though - will there be an 'always on top' option in the future, kind of a pain when I'm streaming from nori since it doesn't have it yet.
Edit history:
DJS: 2011-11-22 12:00:44 pm
torch slug since 2006
Quote from Mystery:
Keep on top is easy to fix, though.
You can just install AutoHotKey and run this script that I'm attaching.
Just select the window to keep on top and press ctrl+space. Do the same if you want to disable it. Handy stuff.

i use this and it works great for streaming.

oh, the attached file didnt hang on but go back to page 4 and you should find it.
Quote from nate:
ok ... no chroma ghosting when i do
Code:
avisource("oot.avi").separatefields

weird. need snow's help ... i'll pm him.

Having trouble finding what you're talking about. See pics, it this it?

http://i.imgur.com/9Chha.png
http://i.imgur.com/DeGV2.png
http://i.imgur.com/PzIIr.png
http://i.imgur.com/moUzt.png

Pics from a new Win 7 x64 VM. Installed Anri 3.3, nori b8, latest cccp, latest vdub, latest avidemux.
yes, that is it.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2011-12-03 10:45:58 am
ballofsnow: 2011-12-03 10:41:44 am
Must be a codec problem. You said you don't get that effect on a separatefields test (on your computer), but I did here: http://i.imgur.com/moUzt.png (on my computer/VM).

Here's another test:

1. Uninstalled CCCP. Media player classic HC no longer shows video when playing the oot.avi file.
2. Load oot.avi into virtualdub (ver 1.9.11). File -> File Info - Decompressor: Internal Huffyuv decoder (HFYU)
3. Add filter: deinterlace, mode unfold, keep top.
4. No chroma ghosting: http://i.imgur.com/MjNPu.jpg (lol, can tell I used ms paint)
annoying. i bet the standalone huffyuv (still linked from that ancient capture guide in the kb) is fine too. so i wonder what the problem is with ffdshow assuming it's yv12 (clip.isyv12 == true in avisynth).

so annoying.
torch slug since 2006
so, to make this topic a little more alive, im gonna post that i consider norichan stable.
i have had it running (and recording), streaming for 10h straight, no problems. and the video file seemed to look good too.

only time i had it crash/freeze, was when i unplugged the easycap, while norichan was up.
cool. yeah unfortunately adding support for hotplug is way more effort than it's worth so i just have to ask people to plug in before starting up norichan and not unplug until they close it (though unplugging doesn't harm anything, it just means you have to kill norichan).
torch slug since 2006
yeah dont worry about it. its way better than my old one that blue screened the moment you unplugged it, while having its capture program running.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2011-12-17 10:18:34 pm
dunnius: 2011-12-17 10:15:19 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
I got the capture card from nate (Thanks!) and I was able to stream successfully from my Macbook.  The only problem I have is that Norichan takes up at least 70% of 1 CPU when it is capturing video, which causes my laptop fan to come on (noisy, and it means my computer is running hot) especially with the other programs required for streaming.  Is there a way to make it less CPU intensive?
yeah the mac cpu use is insane right now. when i get around to it i am going to try to write mac native display because all attempts to find a qt way to do it have failed.
torch slug since 2006
some suggestions for the ui, i can imagine that the ui isnt your primary thing you wanna work on, but just some suggestions:
* timer showing recording length
* something that displays recording file size
* way to start recording without pressing file > capture, instead, have a button or similar that you just toggle capture/stop capture

not really ui, but also : save last used settings, (input, audio, ntsc/pal, last used capture file etc.)

all these are just really minor things,  but you know, dosent hurt to suggest ^^
Edit history:
Shiden: 2011-12-30 10:56:38 pm
I've always wanted to start streaming games, perhaps trying a speed run or two..but I've never had the money to buy any sort of capture hardware. nate are you still sending out easycaps with the high quality audio? I'm interested in testing this stuff!! :O I'll make my mark on the speed run community!
yep.

just curious - what are your system specs?
AMD Phenom II x3 720 @ 3.4GHz
4GB DDR2 1066
GeForce GTX 260 Core 216
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

What are your recommended specs? Do I have good enough hardware?
should easily be good enough. main things i look for are dual core or better cpu and real video hardware. you will also need a good amount of disk space (as outlined in the first post) but the speed of the drive doesn't matter as long as it's occasionally fast enough to write the waiting data.
I have plenty of space on my main drive, which is 2x 500GB in Raid-0, an external 1TB and a spare external 300GB, won't be lacking there...lol.
Edit history:
DJS: 2011-12-31 04:57:47 pm
DJS: 2011-12-31 04:54:48 pm
torch slug since 2006
nate, i think you still have some work to do on norichan, regarding video quality.
i tried easycap's own drivers and it was much sharper and brighter (better imo).
one thing that is waaaaaaaaay better with norichan is its installation though, getting these drivers to work on w7 x64 was hell.
so i guess norichan is great for those who dosent wanna bother with safe mode and so on Cheesy

edit: actually, just realized that the slogan for norichan is "analog capture for all". maybe that is what it is... Wink