Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
ah, that makes sense. i guess i gave microsoft too much credit.
i used anrichan for my civ iv vids. would love to help beta test norichan.

i need an easycap device though. should i just pm you nate? id really rather buy it myself if you could tell me which one to get...
this is the link: http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/perfectly-simple-usb-dvr/

minimum requirement of 5 per order though so if that's offensive then you can pm me your address.
ordered! thnx d00d
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Well I'm guessing I have the right one since it works with Norichan. In Norichan though I noticed that the video is bouncing on the bottom right like it's stuttering. Doing a test capture though it looks fine. Did a short test and ran it through Anri so I'm attaching them to the post with the log file.

I also tried using the drivers with Xsplit but for some reason the Easycap wouldn't work with it for me. Maybe I should try again..

Well, yeah.. It was stated before that nate's driver doesn't use DirectShow so, to have XSplit directly capture it you have to use the drivers that DJS posted!
@_@
Quote from Axel Ryman:
In Norichan though I noticed that the video is bouncing on the bottom right like it's stuttering. Doing a test capture though it looks fine.

I think this could be because the preview window right now is just splitting the fields, dumping one, and resizing so some games might end up with a sort of bobbing effect. It won't have any bearing on the captured video. It's also been mentioned you can treat the nori window as a PC game window and stream it that way, though if your preview is wonky it might be a better idea to switch over to the regular driver and grab it directly as Shiden said.
Quote from Shiden86:
Well, yeah.. It was stated before that nate's driver doesn't use DirectShow so, to have XSplit directly capture it you have to use the drivers that DJS posted!

Yeah my drivers Heidman gave me years ago works with Xsplit so I'll use that, unless the ones DJS posted are better.

Quote from NoiseCrash:
Quote from Axel Ryman:
In Norichan though I noticed that the video is bouncing on the bottom right like it's stuttering. Doing a test capture though it looks fine.

I think this could be because the preview window right now is just splitting the fields, dumping one, and resizing so some games might end up with a sort of bobbing effect. It won't have any bearing on the captured video. It's also been mentioned you can treat the nori window as a PC game window and stream it that way, though if your preview is wonky it might be a better idea to switch over to the regular driver and grab it directly as Shiden said.

If anything I'll just use Nate's drivers for capturing and the other one for streaming. It'll be annoying to switch over every time but I'll deal with it.
torch slug since 2006
the best solution is to have one usb port for nori and another for original.
personally i just re-formatted my computer so ill just go with nori only, my stream dosent seem to complain about its quality, so whatever, its so easy to setup.
that kh test looks pretty good ... which version of norichan are you running?
Edit history:
Axel Ryman: 2012-02-10 05:58:10 am
B8.

Going by Qt in Norichan, I'm using 4.7.3.
Video Games
Could one of these capture off a PAL SNES with a 50/60hz switch installed? Been looking around for a USB solution but most of the cards I've tried have just died on switching to 60hz or simply not worked with the SNES video output at all.
torch slug since 2006
this should work as it can do pal60
Video Games
Quote from DJS:
this should work as it can do pal60

I tried a DC60+ which was advertised as working with PAL 60, it doesn't seem to support whatever standard the SNES uses and just results in incorrect colours on 50hz and completely broken video on 60hz.
torch slug since 2006
hmm
afaik (i never touched a snes), assuming you use composite, american snes'es output ntsc, and pal outputs pal50.
and if you say you modded your pal one to have a 60hz switch, im guessing it will output pal60, and if so, pal60 on norichan should work.
it sounds weird though that you tried it on a dc60+ and it didnt work Sad
it is entirely possible that the hardware can't handle the signal. for example you will probably drop a lot of frames if you capture (50 hz) pal nes because that signal is nonstandard. but i haven't heard of any consistent problems outside of pal nes ... especially an unmodded 50 hz snes, wtf? be sure to report back with what you find out.
Edit history:
Shiden: 2012-02-10 05:01:44 pm
Is there a norichan for pc games? :p

Actually what I should ask is, can I take the S-Video output on my video card and plug it into the EasyCAP for an easy loop to pc game capture?
sure, but the quality will be shit.

better use something like camtasia or fraps that is suited for that task.
Video Games
Just an update on the SNES issue, norichan works flawlessly where a DC-60+ failed so it appears it was a hardware issue.
interesting. my bet is software then, but you can't use the hardware unless you have the right software, so it's effectively the same thing.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-02-15 06:55:35 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
I am unable to record on my Mac with Norichan when I am streaming.  It generally records okay, but it will occasionally drop a bunch of frames in a row, which is noticeable on playback because the audio skips a little bit.  I can't tell if it is because my computer is running both CPUs near 100% (most of it is Norichan) or if my hard disk is not fast enough.

I am able to get around this now because I just got another simple A/V splitter (2 output) so that I have 3 way splitting: one for my CRT (no input lag!), one for my Argosy recorder, and one for Norichan.  The last 2 are split after the signal is amplified from a broken DVD recorder so that there is minimal signal loss.
what are your system specs?
Intruding N313 and F014
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo with OS X 10.6.8
which mac is it?
Intruding N313 and F014
Oh sorry, it is a Macbook from 2007