Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
HELLO!
I did my Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta on the Virtual Console version because unlike the GBA version, I could stream it.

If you know the game enough to navigate the game then the text doesn't matter.  So for speed running it's generally fine.
Quote from presjpolk:
I did my Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta on the Virtual Console version because unlike the GBA version, I could stream it.

If you know the game enough to navigate the game then the text doesn't matter.  So for speed running it's generally fine.

But a lot of the people who watch the stream (probably 70%) don't actually speed run and then it would be confusing if one of the 70% wins the prize. Only reason why i'm saying 70% don't speed run is because if the game was played at a time where stream viewers where around 25k then i don't think all 25k do speed runs.
HELLO!
Keep in mind a lot of people are also *collectors* even if they don't do runs.

I think SFC prizes are great.
I didn't know there was a VC version of FF5. At least there isn't in the US.

Anyway, I've got a 3 perler set for the Pokemon block, but I'm a little concerned about submitting it as a donation incentive, given that the block already has some amazing prizes. At the same time though, these perlers are pertinent to HG (3 Johto starters). I'll submit it soon, but if I'm advised against it, I'll withhold the perlers.
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2013-11-11 12:12:00 am
Strongfox: 2013-11-11 12:11:36 am
Strongfox: 2013-11-11 12:11:30 am
Quote from presjpolk:
Keep in mind a lot of people are also *collectors* even if they don't do runs.

I think SFC prizes are great.

Well yes i understand that, I was mainly getting at the point that its not all about speed runners that watch the marathon.

Quote from doicm:
Anyway, I've got a 3 perler set for the Pokemon block, but I'm a little concerned about submitting it as a donation incentive, given that the block already has some amazing prizes. At the same time though, these perlers are pertinent to HG (3 Johto starters). I'll submit it soon, but if I'm advised against it, I'll withhold the perlers.
The more prizes for a game that is popular means more people will donate. It's always good to have lots of prizes for any popular game or block of games.
HELLO!
Quote from doicm:
I didn't know there was a VC version of FF5. At least there isn't in the US.

Correct FFV is on the Japanese VC, which is why I had to stream it in Japanese for the FJF. Smiley

Threadjack over I guess. Cheesy
Just a guy
@doicm It also helps if we have a wide range of prizes, cause smaller prizes = smaller donation necessary, and everyone's usually happy to donate $5/entry as opposed to $10 or $15. Don't worry Smiley
My feelings on The Demon Rush
About the SFC prizes: I think if bundled they could make a really good incentive. People might want them simply for the collector value (even though the japanese versions are nowhere near as expensive as the american or pal versions of the games).

Yeah don't be ashamed if your prize is smaller, doicm.
Quote from Flenop:
I'm working on a cross-stitch I'm hopeful will be done in time (wait to count it until I'm closer) and I'm curious where it falls in the do/don't send category.

Any answer there? I'm prolly around 1/4-1/3 done ATM, or more.
How big is it Flenop? Can you take a picture? If I had to guess on the spot, you probably wouldn't send it, but you'll still be reimbursed for your shipping.
Quote from mikwuyma:
How big is it Flenop? Can you take a picture? If I had to guess on the spot, you probably wouldn't send it, but you'll still be reimbursed for your shipping.

Like I said before, ~8 1/4" x 8 1/2". It's not complete enough that a picture would be super telling. The picture I posted before should give an idea of how it'll end up. I only have a phone camera, so the pictures suck anyway. But this is where I am.
We require more minerals
Sent out another round of pokes/emails about prizes that are still floating unconfirmed. Hopefully have some updates soon. One should be ready to get shipped out, the other two still need to get confirmed.
Wow Flenop, that is really good. I think I'm gonna hold off and suggest you take a picture. I'll wait until closer to the marathon before seeing if I can ship it. I'm just being conservative because the last thing I want is to be overwhelmed with prize shipping after the marathon is over. I don't know if I've said it before, but I shipped over 100 prizes last AGDQ, possibly over 150, and that wasn't fun. Sad
Artsy Fartsy
Hey guys, it's been a few months since I last logged in.
Mike actually contacted me recently and was inquiring about whether or not I would be contributing this marathon, which I'd love to!
I've got myself a list of games that I'd like to make prints for, so I'd like to get some feedback?
•Cave Story
•Yoshi's Island (The only game here that I actually run, so I feel obligated)
•RE4
•MegaMan X
•Typing of the Dead
•Super Metroid
I have a sealed copy of the Gamecube Best Hits LoZ: WindWaker that I got last year that would like to donate. I don't have a good camera, only a pretty bad phone camera so the pictures aren't too good. I took 3 pictures to try and show it off as well as I could but as I said, low quality photos ahead. Sad

http://imgur.com/a/rE8Qv#0
Exoray
Everything is up to date til this point.

ss4_link: feel free to use the submission form linked in the first post if you want to donate a prize. That picture looks good enough. Most people should recognize a game cube game box no problem Smiley
Hey Speeders,
I got a few items some of you guys might be interested in (was going to contribute it to last years AGDQ but didn't reach the right guys in time)
All of the items i contribute with are signed by industry people, hopefully you have heard of a few of them.

1. Shinesparkers - Harmony of a Hunter. Sealed CD + Poster. (200 copies made world wide)

Signed by the artist Nate Horsfall http://www.lightningarts.com/

2. Super Famicom - Rock N Roll Racing

Signed by Brian Fargo & Michael Morhaime.

3. Retro Gamer - Issue #70.

Signed by Tim Schafer & Ron Gilbert.

4. 2 posters of Maniac Mansion / Day of tentacle. Colored & Grey (2 different prizes)

Signed by Tim Schafer & Ron Gilbert.

5. Super Famicom - Lost Vikings

Signed by Brian Fargo & Michael Morhaime.

Please let me know if any of these items would be of interests to you guys as prizes. I do realize none of the games will come up during the stream.
(Please Google each name if you don't know who they are. I might have some more items to give away if these becomes popular)
We require more minerals
The SFC prizes are interesting. Both are by the company that later turned into Blizzard and being signed by Morhaime makes them even more appealing. (He's the president and co-founder of Blizzard.) They would certainly be able to be put towards Starcraft, but I'm not really certain how much interest they'd gather. I'll leave that to people wiser than myself.
Quote from gyre:
How well do SFC games do as prizes?  I'm thinking about offering a bundle themed around the big Square games to tie in with Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.  It would probably be:

Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu 2
Seiken Densetsu 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6

This looks similar to the Grand Prize for C4L - which was FFs 4-6, 4 easytype, mystic quest and a super famicom itself to play those games (although all of these games were new in box). 

If someone donated a SFC it'd be a hell of a grand prize, if something that has been done before and might have lesser interest to viewers of AGDQ than C4L
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2013-11-14 08:56:02 am
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from garik16:
Quote from gyre:
How well do SFC games do as prizes?  I'm thinking about offering a bundle themed around the big Square games to tie in with Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.  It would probably be:

Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu 2
Seiken Densetsu 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6

This looks similar to the Grand Prize for C4L - which was FFs 4-6, 4 easytype, mystic quest and a super famicom itself to play those games (although all of these games were new in box). 

If someone donated a SFC it'd be a hell of a grand prize, if something that has been done before and might have lesser interest to viewers of AGDQ than C4L

Yeah, the SFC + games are pretty in their boxes. Smiley *whistles*

In regards to my prior post about the HD posters, I haven't heard from that artist, so I would suspect we'd have to have somebody buy the Contra one or forget the idea entirely. I was hoping to hear back from them but alas it seems it's not meant to be.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-11-14 02:48:51 pm
Mabec: The shinesparkers poster would definitely be awesome.

The two interplay SFC carts. I'm siding with no. While Morhaime is the president of Blizzard now, you would need a good amount of knowledge to know that. Maybe if we were playing another interplay game or something else related to Brian Fargo or Morhaime.

I think the posters and magazine would work if we had a doublefine-produced game like Psychonauts or Stacking, but they would be out of place for AGDQ.

Also, /r/ beadsprites has started their drive again! http://www.reddit.com/r/beadsprites/comments/1qhdb7/beadsprite_for_charity_you_and_your_beads_can/
Edit history:
Mabec: 2013-11-15 12:43:14 am
Quote from mikwuyma:
Mabec: The shinesparkers poster would definitely be awesome.

The two interplay SFC carts. I'm siding with no. While Morhaime is the president of Blizzard now, you would need a good amount of knowledge to know that. Maybe if we were playing another interplay game or something else related to Brian Fargo or Morhaime.

I agree the name might not be that familiar (with the kids today) and the games probably wouldn't fit in to just any stream. I do know there is a few speedruns of Lost Vikings.
Certainly would have been cool to watch a run of any adventure game made of Ron & Tim. Please let me know how you decide to do it, by email if possible. (actually got a japanese famicom of Maniac Mansion signed by Ron Gilbert as well, but that one is to dear to my heart. And Yes, that game is totally different from the creator Ron Gilbert)

Haters gonna hate
Windfish perler is finally finished.

That Windfish is looking mighty fine! Must have taken a few hours.
Lost in Wonderland
ill be bringing a pikmin tote bag
using the stock club nintendo img i havtn gotten it in the mail i should before agdq just letting you know im brining it will make a good addition to the plushies