--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
I got my mail now Smiley
Mario The Cat!!!!
Hey, If you were one that won one of my hand-made hats, DM me...  I want to send those on to you...  Thanks.

-Mrs.EE
Keeper of TASBot
Quote from HellaBored:
I'm curious as to how this is progressing as well. Apparently I won the Tasbot, and have been itching to show it off, but have yet to get an email.
I apologize if this creates any unnecessary pressure, I could only imagine how much work is involved in shipping out around 200 prizes.

I have your prize but I haven't heard a thing from Mike either.  Let me know if you hear anything.  I hope Mike is OK - I know he was *really* busy and then *really* sick...
I got contacted by the person who won my prize through youtube but still nothing from Mike though.
Exoray
Emails have only been sent out to the winners. The winners either claim their prize or the prize is re-rolled. Prize donors will be contacted once the prizes they donated have been fully claimed.
Gamer and stitcher
What's been happening with this?  I haven't heard anything from anyone about where to send my magnets?
Not a walrus
When the winner confirms they want it and gives their shipping address you'll be informed.
Edit history:
franklin: 2014-04-11 09:40:33 am
-_-
When do prizes get re-rolled? I haven't been contacted by anyone yet.
I haven't been contacted by anyone either. 4 months since the marathon happened, and it's a bit disconcerting. I know last time I was able to get a response immediately when the organizer just gave me the contact details for the winner and I contacted the winner myself.
Exoray
My initial assumption was that it would be done the way doicm describes this time as well but it seems Mike took it upon himself to contact everyone this time around. Knowing in retrospect how busy he has been these past few months we should probably have assigned a few other people to help out with that task.
We will need to fix this process for SGDQ as 4 months is really not an acceptable wait for anyone involved.
Keeper of TASBot
I still haven't heard anything. Is there anything I can do to help the process along?  I've directly PM'd HellaBored who won the TASBot because he posted in this thread but I haven't yet researched who the winner of the beanie and gauntlets is to find out if they have an account on the forums.  As an aside, my prizes are a bit unique in that I really do want to cater what I'm giving away to the needs of the winner (i.e. throw in extra USB cables and the like for the TASBot as needed, get measurements for the gauntlets / gloves so my wife can tailor them, etc.).
This has been stressing me out a bit since the marathon... I feel really terrible that I haven't sent my prizes out yet. Hope everything's okay with Mike.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Yeah sorry, I've been busy with other things in my life, and one of the things that was put to the wayside was prizes. I have no excuse for this and I'll try to think of a better system (a database and likely someone to take over the prize contacting role) for the next AGDQ, but for now I'm just catching up by following up with the prize winners and collecting their addresses. I'll have the contact information by next week and I should have everyone contacted by then too (both prize winners and people shipping prizes).

Franklin: The prizes were already rerolled. They needed to be rerolled because there was initially a glitch on our system during AGDQ that only let new donors win prizes. If you were a former prize winner before the reroll, I'm sorry, but we had to reroll the prizes so everyone could get a fair chance to win one.
-_-
I am a prize contributor so I am just waiting for someone to email me : )
I have a couple prizes to contribute for SGDQ 2014, I just need a contact and instructions. Please get a hold of me at meaganroachis@gmail.com Wink 
Exoray
Quote from Meagan Roach:
I have a couple prizes to contribute for SGDQ 2014, I just need a contact and instructions. Please get a hold of me at meaganroachis@gmail.com Wink 

You can find the prize thread for SGDQ 2014 here: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sgdq_2014_prizes.html and it contains all the instructions you need to submit prizes.
It's been almost another month and I still haven't been contacted by anyone. I wouldn't mind helping, and I'm sure there are other people who would be willing to help you organize/contact people if you need it.
I've been talking with other prize donators, who have also indicated that they haven't been contacted either with winner details. As far as I'm concerned, this reflects very poorly on SDA organizers as far as the prize department is concerned, and I'm very hesitant about donating to future marathons as a result (as much as I've loved donating to marathons in the past).

I just don't know how the ownership works with my perlers as it is, whether I can claim ownership once again of my perlers, whether they were given ownership to SDA once I submitted them, etc. I don't know how those sort of rules work or were even set to begin with. I mainly want to know because I don't know what to do with my prizes if they're still in limbo or if they're going to eternally be in limbo.
-_-
I'm in the same place as you doicm.
Exoray
I'll ask mike for a status update on this, to see what's up and make sure some emails just weren't lost on the way.
It is completely unacceptable that you've had to wait this long and even though I've only been involved in pre-marathon organizing the prizes and not anything revolving the shipping, I still feel really bad that you guys have ended up in this position.

I don't know what went wrong this year compared to previous years. It was even supposed to be easier this year with the prize donors handling the shipping instead of mike having to do all the packaging and postage himself.
I completely understand your reluctancy to donating prizes to future marathons. It's not fun having your stuff end up in limbo.

The events are only getting bigger and bigger so there's bound to be some growing pains.
The best I can do right now is to locate the growing pains and come up with the proper prescriptions.
I will work towards finding out what can be done to countermeasure this kind of huge delay and see to it so that we have a system in place preventing the same thing from ever happening again.
Keeper of TASBot
Good news - Mike contacted me yesterday with an E-Mail from the person who won the Triforce gauntlets and beanie, but I still haven't received HellaBored's information yet, which implies that Mike is slowly working his way through the list.  I suspect that this is something that can and should be handled by someone else so Mike can focus on organizing marathons. Smiley
Takahashi Meijin
I got my email today as well.

I gotta ship internationally to Norway. It's going to cost about 200 dollars with UPS.

I have no problem covering the cost of the prize, but I was not expecting having to shell out more then double the cost of the prize for shipping...
Keeper of TASBot
Quote from quinntendopower:
I gotta ship internationally to Norway. It's going to cost about 200 dollars with UPS.

Whoa - there aren't any cheaper shipping options available?  How heavy is the thing you are shipping?  Just curious.
Edit history:
moooh: 2014-05-29 11:23:01 am
Exoray
To my knowledge you are being reimbursed for the shipping costs if you save the receipt, so that shouldn't be an issue. (At least shipping costs were reimbursed last year. Haven't seen anything about that having changed).
200 dollars however sounds like a ripoff unless you are actually sending something really heavy and cumbersome. I would look for alternatives to UPS if I were you.
Any confirmation on shipping reimbursement?

I obviously will try to find a cheaper way to ship the game. I want to make sure it gets there in one piece and doesn't get banged up. There is a lamp in there after all.

I was expecting maybe 50 dollars to ship it, which would be reasonable. Let me look around and I'll get back to all with an update.