--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-12-21 07:57:12 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Z1m, do you need help paying for such a prize, I'd definitely chip in since I'm going to buy some prizes.

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants an in-kind form for the prizes they're providing (for tax purposes), just PM or email my (it's my user name @ speeddemosarchive.com).

I don't think it'll work if you live outside of the US, but I don't know how it works on an international level.
So here's yet another potential grand prize. The Majora's Mask Limited Edition Adventure Set. This package usually goes for 1000+ dollars in online auctions, and only 1000 copies were made.

Front:

What's inside:

Cart (yes it is PAL):

Certificate of Authenticity:

163/1000

Just a guy
Mike please stop draining my wallet before the event even starts.
Edit history:
z1mb0bw4y: 2013-12-21 09:27:33 pm
Gets the cake.
Mike, I really really appreciate the offer, but I'll be alright. It's what I asked for as a Christmas gift so it's already taken care of =D

That said, I wouldn't feel comfortable packing/shipping it, so if you could handle that end of things I'd be ecstatic.

edit: also if you want anyone with long hair to dye it funky colors as a donation incentive, I could do that. =P
Exoray
Things just keep getting more awesome!

Days leading up to christmas are going to be busy, so don't worry if your submitted prizes might not be added to the first post right away. Will try to get the next update squeezed in soon.
Speedrunning noob
Still waiting for a manchicken plushie to be added to the Zelda block! Smiley
Edit history:
yggdrizzle: 2013-12-24 02:47:46 am
yggdrizzle: 2013-12-22 06:21:06 pm
Here is a list of the prizes I would like to offer for the marathon.

I have not filled out the form in the OP -- should I do one for every single prize, or should I just do one?

A suggestion: I can ship all of the prizes to the site, to have them shown on camera, and have them all shipped back (in one box) to distribute them.

As always, everything here is Japanese. Every game is the same game as the one being played except for the two SFC games in italics.

Famicom:
Cocoron
Yume Pengin monogatari
[Mega Man 2] Rockman 2
A Week of Garfield
Donald Land
Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Famicom:
[Secret of Mana] Seiken Densetsu 3
[Legend of the Mystical Ninja] Ganbare Goemon 2
Yoshi's Island
[Mega Man X] Rockman X
Super Mario World
Link to the Past 1.0 cartridge
Super Donkey Kong 2
Super Metroid

PC:
Touhou Double Spoiler

Nintendo 64:
Ocarina of Time 1.0 or 1.1 (J)
Super Mario 64
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-12-22 06:26:49 pm
Quote from yggdrizzle:

I have not filled out the form in the OP -- should I do one for every single prize, or should I just do one?

A suggestion: I can ship all of the prizes to the site, to have them shown on camera, and have them all shipped back (in one box) to distribute them.

As always, everything here is Japanese.

Famicom:
Cocoron
Yume Pengin monogatari
[Mega Man 2] Rockman 2
A Week of Garfield
Donald Land
Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Famicom:
[Secret of Mana] Seiken Densetsu 3
[Legend of the Mystical Ninja] Ganbare Goemon 2
Yoshi's Island
[Mega Man X] Rockman X
Super Mario World
Link to the Past 1.0 cartridge
Super Donkey Kong 2
Super Metroid

PC:
Touhou Double Spoiler

Nintendo 64:
Ocarina of Time 1.0 or 1.1 (J)
Super Mario 64

If they are not bundles in a set then each one has to be submitted each there own.
Not a walrus
Strongfox, I was hoping I wouldn't have to say this, but you are not allowed to answer questions about the marathon any more. Period. At all. Unless they have something to do with what you, personally, are doing, then don't post.
Quote from mikwuyma:
So here's yet another potential grand prize. The Majora's Mask Limited Edition Adventure Set. This package usually goes for 1000+ dollars in online auctions, and only 1000 copies were made.

Front:

What's inside:

Cart (yes it is PAL):

Certificate of Authenticity:

163/1000

Probably need to mention its the PAL version for the description, but that's pretty awesome. 
Quote from yggdrizzle:

As always, everything here is Japanese. Every game is the same game as the one being played except for the two SFC games in italics.

I've got a copy of Seiken Densetsu 3 as part of the SFC RPG Bundle (FF4, FF5, FF6, Seiken 2, Seiken 3, Chrono Trigger) if you want to avoid duplication.
yggdrizzle: To save infinite amounts of tedium, you can just post it as one prize and I can separate it out later. This goes without saying, but don't listen to strongfox.

Strongfox: What UA said, while sometimes your information is accurate, many times it isn't, and it doesn't help because you're not attending the marathon, and you're definitely not staff. So don't answer like you are.

Garik16: I'm aware of that, but in a collector's set like this, the game is probably the least valuable thing. Tongue
wibbly wobbly timey wimey
Couldn't care less what region the cart is, since a thing like that will probably never be leaving its box.
Gamer and stitcher
So I managed to finally finish my magnets.  They didn't take as long as I initially worried they would thankfully so I got all 8 done!

Attachment:
Gamer and stitcher
All right I just submitted them 8 times (I think I got the number right at least) so that they can be won eight times.  What I'd like to do is let people pick their favorites, the first person to contact me gets first choice the second gets to pick second etc.
We require more minerals
Personally, I'd think they'd work better as a set, but we'll see what the prize overlords think.
Haters gonna hate
More perlers.

Scott O'Connor from Kabuki Quantum Fighter

Smug ass Pac-man from Pac-man 2

Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales

Bucky from Bucky O'hare

Fat Penguin (real name?) from Yume Penguin

FISH PUNCH!!! from Actraiser 2
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-12-27 12:54:36 am
mikwuyma: 2013-12-27 12:51:58 am
Quote from Raelcun:
Personally, I'd think they'd work better as a set, but we'll see what the prize overlords think.

This, they would be more enticing as a set and it would be cheaper for you to ship all 8 in one package.

EDIT: I'm getting these Giclee prints for AGDQ. There's some more prizes I'm getting, but I won't know the exact prizes are until this weekend.

Power of Vanquished Souls - Mega Man Block: https://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/the-power-of-vanquished-souls-giclee/

Rickshaw Cart - 3d Marios near the end of the marathon: https://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/rickshaw-cart-giclee/

Secret of the Spirits - Secret of Mana: https://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/secret-of-the-spirit-tree/

Soul Eater - Kirby's Adventure: https://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/soul-eater-giclee-2/

Barrel and Hammer - Donkey Kong Country block: https://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/barrel-and-hammer-giclee/
Edit history:
Lomelli: 2013-12-28 01:20:13 am
Piece of cake!
It is finished.

If this fits in the uh, "awesome clause" then let me know ASAP but if it doesn't well then that's fine. happy

Oh and this http://imgur.com/a/khpWT
The only thing I see with giving them as a set is: Who needs 8 magnets?
Quote from sambrea:

My refrigerator has more than 8 magnets on it.
Quote from TheMG2:
Quote from sambrea:

My refrigerator has more than 8 magnets on it.

My fridge has more then 8 magnets too. Plus my car has more then 8 as well.
Takahashi Meijin
I am not able to make it to AGDQ this year as planned. I still have my prizes, and will be doing field work not too far from D.C. I could either drop the prizes off, or just direct ship them (at my cost/expense) to the winners after the marathon. I have UPS stop at my house every day for work so that's the easy part.
Edit history:
Buddy: 2013-12-28 04:28:58 pm
Buddy: 2013-12-28 04:28:18 pm
Buddy: 2013-12-28 04:23:37 pm
Buddy: 2013-12-28 04:22:16 pm
Hello all,

I posted some details about a possible grand prize in the other thread.  You can see the details of it here: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/working_out_a_grand_prize_41.html

Below are some youtube videos of gameplay on a couple games and a quick demo of my son playing the NES part of the NES PC.  Feedback welcome... though I have only 6 days for changes.  As mentioned by Mike, this will make a good block prize or similar.  I haven't decided where I'd like it to go.

Edit history:
Strongfox: 2013-12-28 07:11:13 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-28 07:10:54 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-28 07:10:53 pm
Strongfox: 2013-12-28 07:10:11 pm

Video of the NES portion of the NES PC