moooh: 2013-09-22 02:59:44 am
moooh: 2013-09-19 11:35:22 am
moooh: 2013-09-19 11:34:22 am
mikwuyma: 2013-09-18 07:11:03 am
mikwuyma: 2013-09-17 12:35:47 pm
moooh: 2013-09-17 11:30:24 am
mikwuyma: 2013-09-16 10:28:15 pm
Exoray
Update: Prize emails have been sent out. If you won a prize but have not yet received an email, give it a few more days. If there's still nothing, let us know.
Reminding people that the prize emails are sent to the email address of the paypal account that you made your donation with.

Original post below:

How prize submission works is going to be similar to SGDQ, with a couple of key differences. Please read this post carefully!

- You can make or buy prizes. We are not accepting digital prizes except as possible twitter and subscriber prizes. I will be maintaining the list, organized alphabetically by game. Check the schedule to see games that will be run. Please note the Bonus tab as well--bonus games are very likely to be donated in and having prizes for them would be a plus. Thanks in advance to everyone who supplies prizes!

- Whether you are attending or not, we ask that you please keep your prizes until after the marathon. Things are getting so big now that trying to mail all the prizes from one central location (and usually only by Mike Uyama himself) takes far too long. You will be responsible for shipping out your prize(s) to the winners--you will be emailed along with the winners after the marathon. SAVE YOUR SHIPPING RECEIPTS because you will be reimbursed for your shipping costs!

-That being said, if a prize is so ridiculously awesome and unique, like Tom Folino's metalwork prizes, and gigantic framed perlers like these by Mecha Richter, you can ship them to Uyama. This will be handled on a case-by-case basis, but be aware that if you are sending in a 5 inch perler, that's probably not something Uyama will accept. Uyama will not be accepting a lot of prizes on-site because he doesn't want prize shipping to take nearly 6 months like it did last AGDQ.

- Due to having the prizes off site, it is vital that you provide pictures! We will link the pictures to the descriptions in the donation tracker, and likely display them on stream.

-If you are attending the marathon, you are allowed to bring your prize to the event (we like showing them on camera!), but unless if your prize ends up in the awesome clause, you are still going to ship the prize yourself.

- Now that you've read all that: to submit a prize, please fill in this form. I will update the first post with prizes that have been accepted. If there is a problem with your submission, I will PM you on the forum for questions/updates.

Be aware that the deadline for submitting prizes is January 1st.

If you want to post in this thread with prize ideas, talking about which prizes you'll make before having them finished (i.e., without a photo), that is great, we like seeing prize previews! However, I will only update the first post and tracker with prizes submitted through the form.

Also sticking SMK's post here because it's a good point.
Quote from SMK:
Just a note for prize images:
- Make sure the URL for the image will remain valid until the end of the marathon.  SDA will not be hosting the images, people will be viewing them at the URL you provided.
- In general, having one image per prize is preferable since it avoids confusion about what is being offered.

Prizes:
Age of Empires II
Holy man T-shirt - Strongfox

Another World
Artwork poster - Strongfox

Banjo-Kazooie
Poster - Strongfox
T-shirt - Strongfox

Batman
The Joker perler - RetroGamerRyan

Bioshock
Big Daddy illustration - tyillustrations

Borderlands 2
Handsome Jack mask - Strongfox
Diamond Plate Loot Chest (without codes) - DrCoolGuy

Boy and his Blob, A
Boy & Blob perlers - RetroGamerRyan

Chrono Trigger
Super Famicom RPG bundle - Gyre

Contra
Contra NTSC game cart - Strongfox

Contra III
Contra III NTSC game cart - Strongfox

Donkey Kong block
Diddy Kong plushie - Strongfox
Wooden Diddy Kong artwork - franklin

Doom block
2 x Cacodemon plushie - Dime

E.T.
Atari E.T. T-shirt - presjpolk

Fire Emblem 7/Sacred Stones
Fire Emblem Thracia 776 SFC cart - ButtersBB

F-Zero block
F-Zero game bundle + GC Gameboy Player - Gizzadeq
F-Zero X character poster - 2DForever

Half-Life block
2 x Head Crab plush - Strongfox

Halo 2
Halo Risk board game - Strongfox

I Wanna Be The Guy
The Kid perler - RetroGamerRyan

Kid Icarus
Limited edition print - DapperDan

Kirby's Adventure
Kirby plushie - NekoKatsun

Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Lizard perler - RetroGamerRyan

Mario block
Mario figurines - Strongfox
Mario vs Wario MK T-shirt - Strongfox
Mario TMNT T-shirt - Strongfox

Mega Man block
Capcom character encyclopedia artbook - quinntendopower
Mega Man plush - Strongfox

Mega Man X block
Japanese Mega Man X3 cart - zewing
A huge Mega Man X perler - Mecha Richter

Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance PS3 limited edition with lamp - quinntendopower

Metal Gear Solid
MGS Risk board game - Strongfox

Metroid block
Shinesparkers CD + poster - Mabec
Samus Action figure - Charoncaori

Minecraft
Minecraft poster 1 - Strongfox
Minecraft poster 2 - Strongfox
Minecraft poster 3 - Strongfox
Minecraft poster 4 - Strongfox

Mystical Ninja, Legend of
Goemon and Ebisumaru perler - RetroGamerRyan

Ninja Gaiden
Final boss perler - Brynden Rivers

Pikmin 3
Red plush - Strongfox
Yellow plush - Strongfox
Pikmin tote bag - a_cute_lynx

Pokemon Heartgold
Pokemon plushies - Radman
Johto starter perlers - doicm

Portal/Portal2
Companion cube plush - Strongfox

Resident Evil 4
PS2 RE4 Chainsaw controller - MaturedSinner

Secret of Mana
Character perlers - kuwabashley

Sonic R
Tails doll - ButtersBB

Spiderman and X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Limited edition graphic novel - Molotov

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
Signed ESL-branded T-shirts - Raelcun
Axiom signed Mouse/Keyboard set - Raelcun
4 x Axiom signed mouse pads - Raelcun
Starcraft Risk board game - Strongfox

Star Fox 64
Limited edition character print - DapperDan
Star Fox T-Shirt - Strongfox

Super C
Super C NTSC game cart - Strongfox

Super Metroid
Varia suit Samus perler - TheVikingGMR

Super Punch-Out
Limited edition character print - DapperDan

Zelda, A Link to the Past
Vizkids zelda manga - lizzie241

Zelda, Links Awakening DX (or possibly all of Zelda block #1)
Windfish perler - Mecha Richter

Zelda Series
Zelda poster - DrCoolGuy
Zelda themed skateboard back / front - TheYam
Link plush - Strongfox
Link drawing - Mikalia
Bottled fairies (pink and Navi blue) - kariohki
Sealed Zelda Prima strategy guide box set - Charoncaori
Framed Rupee Fiend artwork - franklin

Zelda, Wind Waker HD
Sealed Best Seller copy of Wind Waker - ss4_link
Sealed European version limited edition copy of Wind Waker - mmFruit

Prizes not belonging to a particular game
3 x Donation hats - Mrs. Emtpyeye
Boxed NES Action set - RetroGamerRyan
Thread title:  
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Even if I don't run, I still wanna do more then just show up and support. I got some Pokemon plushies that could be a nice prize for HeartGold. I need to get some pics of them and I'll fill out the form. I could even bring them with me to show off on stream. :3
Just a guy
I might be able to offer a boxed copy of Mega Man 64 for the Mega Man block (do people besides me like that game enough?)

Also, given this, do you think it'd still be handy to bring any easily transportable prizes to show on stream? Or did you say that and I miss it in the OP? Tongue
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Moooh's post already said this.

Unless your prize is exceptionally awesome (aka, extremely expensive or unique like Tom Folino's metalwork), it shouldn't come to the marathon. Mike will be making those judgments on a case-by-case basis. If you end up bringing prizes there without his OK, fully expect to be taking them right back home with you. It's really not worth risking the prizes like that.

The reason, to emphasize what Moooh said, is that Mike can't be expected to ship these prizes anymore. He's already busy enough, and it took him ages to ship all these prizes last AGDQ. Not to mention it takes up valuable space and requires transportation.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Well I can still bring them to show on stream. Uyama doesn't have to do anything. And I can even ship them out before I leave after bonus stream, if the address is given to me beforehand. Tongue
Just a guy
Yeah, I was with Radman, more so if a prize is accepted, what better to do than show it on stream? Of course I meant I'd still bring it home and take care of the rest Tongue
Is it possible (or has it been done in the past) to pledge a prize and have it sent to the winner's address instead of shipping it from your address? I...suck at wording questions. Basically, if I were to pledge something like this: https://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/secret-of-the-spirit-tree/ - and Person A won it, could I have that company ship the prize straight to them? I'd have to pay for the shipping to here either way, so shipping cost wouldn't be a concern.

While I'm putting my post in here, I'm planning on donating some perlers. I had a large Pokemon perler donation in mind, but given that 151 is not likely to be in AGDQ, I'll settle for something smaller (which I'm fine with. I wasn't sure where I was going to find the time to finish my Pokemon perler idea). I've got other perlers in mind, but suggestions for perler ideas are always appreciated.
Edit history:
Gizzadeq: 2013-09-16 07:37:53 pm
Okay, so my prize, as you already know mike, is going to be every F-zero game(minus climax too expensive for me atm) https://www.dropbox.com/s/f904akajs6o52l4/IMG_20130916_212046.jpg I finally got GX today. Along with those games, I'm also donating a Gamecube Gameboy Advanced player(hopefully whoever wins this will aspire to be like some of the top FZC guys and want to record their TA) that should come in later this week. Oh, and all the games aside from MV and X are brand new/sealed, MV has the original box/manual and basically looks new, but it's not technically still factory sealed.

Indextic had an idea for the games at first which I really thought was cool, but he came up with it when the Fzero block was possiblity going to be longer, you have the entrance to this prize start earlier during the marathon instead of just during the F-zero block, and you have goal increments, and for each increment you have a game that's added to the prize(ex. 50 gets snes 100 gets x, 150 gets MV and so on, obviously you guys could select the amount, that was just a suggestion.) I think that would only work though if we could get the F-zero blocked really hyped up. I know GX did really well last marathon it was at, but I don't think the F-zero streamers themselves really pull in that many viewers compared to the rest of SDA/SRL community so I think this would have to be talked about quite often since the start of the marathon.
Balls jerky
Quote from Radman:
Well I can still bring them to show on stream. Uyama doesn't have to do anything. And I can even ship them out before I leave after bonus stream, if the address is given to me beforehand. Tongue

Unless somebody at the marathon wins the prize, you won't have the address by the end of bonus stream.

Quote from doicm:
Is it possible (or has it been done in the past) to pledge a prize and have it sent to the winner's address instead of shipping it from your address? I...suck at wording questions. Basically, if I were to pledge something like this: https://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/secret-of-the-spirit-tree/ - and Person A won it, could I have that company ship the prize straight to them? I'd have to pay for the shipping to here either way, so shipping cost wouldn't be a concern.

This is called drop shipping. A lot of places online won't even do this to prevent fraud and such. A lot of the times they ship to the address on your credit card no matter what. Even if you find a place that will drop ship, you're gonna save on the shipping costs by virtue of only paying once, but add a layer of complexity to prize fulfillment. If anything goes wrong, it's going to be a hassle to fix.
Quote from dballin:
This is called drop shipping. A lot of places online won't even do this to prevent fraud and such. A lot of the times they ship to the address on your credit card no matter what. Even if you find a place that will drop ship, you're gonna save on the shipping costs by virtue of only paying once, but add a layer of complexity to prize fulfillment. If anything goes wrong, it's going to be a hassle to fix.

You have very good points. I guess I'd pay the same in shipping either way, since I can get reimbursed for shipping out. Thanks for the response!
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Wah. It was worth asking anyway. Well I submitted the form.
Here's the plush dolls for who's curious: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1376/ex1y.jpg
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Oh yeah, I didn't cover people who are going to bring their own prizes to the marathon. That is perfectly okay (we like showing prizes on camera!), but again, unless if it's ridiculously awesome, expect to ship the prize yourself because shipping 150+ prizes was not a smart idea (yeah that's how many I shipped).
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Radman:

It takes a while to get addresses. Don't expect it for at least a couple of weeks after.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Oh yeah, I didn't cover people who are going to bring their own prizes to the marathon. That is perfectly okay (we like showing prizes on camera!), but again, unless if it's ridiculously awesome, expect to ship the prize yourself because shipping 150+ prizes was not a smart idea (yeah that's how many I shipped).

So people can bring prizes to the marathon to show off, but they cant leave them with you and have to ship them themselves?
Sir VG makes a good point, we generally don't contact prize winners until a couple of weeks after the marathon. BTW Doicm, I was planning on getting that Ukiyo-e as a prize for SoM.

Strongfox: Correct. This policy might seem mean, but I don't want a case like last year where a guy from /r/beadsprites dropped off 100 or so perlers that I had to ship myself. In this case, I probably would have shipped the giant Samus and Link perlers (no picture, sorry) because they were amazing, and let the guy who offered the beadsprites (sorry I don't remember his name) or someone else ship the rest.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Oh neat. Then the couch crew for HeartGold can flash them while werster plays. Tongue
Subscriber prizes? Get KirkQ in here to check if that's legal.
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
I'd imagine my prizes are in the awesome clause but that's to me.....I'll submit that form probbaly this weekend after I get photos
I'd like to donate some Perlers to the Secret of Mana run.
We require more minerals
So would signed eSports swag for the Starcraft run fall under the Awesome Clause? I kind of want to bring them to show them on camera given what happened with the jackets last year.
You are perfectly free to bring prizes to show off yourself. In fact, I'd strongly encourage you to do so, having the prizes on cam seems to create a much stronger reaction with viewers than just showing a picture, and it is a lot easier to do from a technical standpoint. The only change in policy is that we don't want to handle prizes in a centralized fashion anymore with a few exceptions. Outside of these exceptions, just keep in mind that you are still responsible for shipping the prize to the winner yourself eventually. You'll get reimbrused for the shipping costs, this is just a means of splitting the workload.

tl;dr: Please bring all your prizes to the marathon if you have the baggage space, just remember that you'll have to take them back and ship them yourself in the end.
Just a note for prize images:
- Make sure the URL for the image will remain valid until the end of the marathon.  SDA will not be hosting the images, people will be viewing them at the URL you provided.
- In general, having one image per prize is preferable since it avoids confusion about what is being offered.
Edit history:
DrCoolGuy: 2013-09-17 09:48:37 am
Just a guy
Is there going to be a submission deadline? Besides the day before AGDQ of course...
Exoray
Yes, please submit any prizes before January 1st. Thanks.
Raelcun: What LLCooldave said, whether the jackets fall under the awesome clause, you can still take them on-site. We still like having the prizes on-site, but I don't like shipping them all because it's incredibly inefficient.

DrCoolGuy: What Moooh said, before January 1st.