Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Yagamoth:
Ok, since I've decided to go all the way for running my all-time favorite game coop with my speedrun companions (not AI controlled), there is no reason to not get the recently released stuff from the guys over at Spectrum of Mana. Really nice timing

This is going to include Hard copies of an Art Book (Hardcover) with some really amazing pieces and hard copies of the CDs. Now, there would also be some t-shirts, but generally I'm not a fan of t-shirts as prices, and I feel like 1 Book and 4 CD sets fit in really well.

I intend for those prices to be in the sense of:
Winner 1) Gets the Art Book + 1 CD set
Winners 2-4) get 1 CD set each

I'll submit the prizes in the form as soon as I get them

General page:
http://www.spectrumofmana.com/
Page for the Hardcopies:
http://www.spectrumofmana.com/hard_copies.html

Here are some pictures contained in the Artbook:
Some amazing looking ones:

But also some silly ones:

that looks so cool. Good find Cheesy
Ninja Gaiden is a short run, but I have all these perlers that I made for a Reddit contest just sitting in storage. I would be happy to give them all as a prize. If you feel like that's overkill for a short run the prize could just be the large demon or any combination of them.

Let me know what you think, and I'll take some new pictures if necessary and submit it.
Quick update. I just posted 2 more images to http://imgur.com/a/XyyD5. Both being the front and back of the Starcraft risk game. Just received it today.
Exoray
Quote from Brynden Rivers:
Ninja Gaiden is a short run, but I have all these perlers that I made for a Reddit contest just sitting in storage. I would be happy to give them all as a prize. If you feel like that's overkill for a short run the prize could just be the large demon or any combination of them.

Let me know what you think, and I'll take some new pictures if necessary and submit it.

I agree with you that so many prizes for such a short game would be a bit overkill, but keeping just the demon sounds like a good idea so feel free to submit it Smiley
Takahashi Meijin
I just thought of something in terms of how certain prizes or unrelated prizes could be given.

You could use total donation increments, where the person who makes the donation that takes the total over 50,000, 100,000 etc, takes the prize.

Sort of like being the millionth customer somewhere, or calling and being the 10th caller at a radio station.
We require more minerals
Those are usually sniped by a large donation. We generally like to encourage that anyone can win, not just people who donate a ton of money.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
quinntendopower, what raelcun said.

moooh: Brynden, those are awesome! I agree with moooh that the sheer number of perlers would be overkill, but the demon perler is amazing and we could use it for the entire ninja block. I'm also wondering if we should use something like the Ashtar perler, but at the very least the demon perler would be incredible.
Takahashi Meijin
Gotcha, I thought about that after I posted thinking people might hesitate with donations trying to hit that mark...
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm contacting another person on Deviantart who has done some absolutely AMAZING digital artwork to see if he'll do a print for us. He's got artwork for Super Metroid, Doom, and Contra. I'll link the Super Metroid one below.

http://elemental79.deviantart.com/art/Super-Metroid-Depths-of-Tourian-361405953
AHA
Quote from Sir VG:
I'm contacting another person on Deviantart who has done some absolutely AMAZING digital artwork to see if he'll do a print for us. He's got artwork for Super Metroid, Doom, and Contra. I'll link the Super Metroid one below.

http://elemental79.deviantart.com/art/Super-Metroid-Depths-of-Tourian-361405953

He's got time-lapse videos on Youtube of him making these, and they're amazing: http://www.youtube.com/user/Elemental79

It'd be awesome if we could get some prints!
I just looked on the Deviantart shop and he has his Contra digital art up for sale (print)
Edit history:
karifry: 2013-11-05 11:03:59 pm
I heart SDA
I'll be painting up lifesize, wearable Majora's Mask similar to this one... Probably painted more on-model with the game's mask, for the sake of appeal.

(edit: to clarify, I didn't sculpt this awesome thing, I just painted it up. Camille Young did the sculpture and casting)

I'll donate a pokemon book and some posters and other goodies I bring home from my Fangamer trip early December <3 I'll submit with photos then.
Is PJ
That's amazing, Kari!  :O
Sir VG: That guy has some amazing art. Hopefully he can contribute to the cause. Do you have my contact info in case if he wants to contact me directly?

I also noticed there was this guy with really cool console designs http://zoki64.deviantart.com/gallery/

Karifry: Wowowowowow, that's really good. Even if you're only painting it, that's still a really good paint job.
Edit history:
Flenop: 2013-11-06 11:25:25 pm
I'm working on a cross-stitch I'm hopeful will be done in time (wait to count it until I'm closer) and I'm curious where it falls in the do/don't send category.

It's on 22-count (which is kinda tiny) and it's expected to be ~8 1/4" x 8 1/2".

It'll look something like this when done:
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from mikwuyma:
Sir VG: That guy has some amazing art. Hopefully he can contribute to the cause. Do you have my contact info in case if he wants to contact me directly

I linked him in the post (much like the other deviant artist I contacted some time back) to your SDA forum profile. At this point, I haven't heard from Elemental79. I hope though that he's willing to donate, but if not, purchasing a copy of the Contra print as an art print I think would be a nice idea. I wish the Super Metroid one was offered as a print, cause I like that one better.
Slower than you
Per Mike's request, a minty fresh boxed NES Action Set:

I'm still getting things ready for repro carts and perlers, and I'll be posting those a bit later.
Thanks for buying that Ryan! PM me with the receipt and I'll reimburse you.
We require more minerals
Waiting for an update on the next batch of eSports hype. Also going to poke some other people after Blizzcon and should have final prize details for SC2 soonish.
How well do SFC games do as prizes?  I'm thinking about offering a bundle themed around the big Square games to tie in with Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.  It would probably be:

Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu 2
Seiken Densetsu 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Exoray
How many people can realistically play SFC games (out of our average amount and type of viewers)?
Just a guy
Quote from moooh:
How many people can realistically play SFC games (out of our average amount and type of viewers)?

Probably not many, but modding your SNES to play SFC games takes all of 2 minutes and is super simple. Maybe people will like them for the novelty? At least the FF games, for sure. Some people just eat it up even if they don't have the console. Just my two cents though~~
Slower than you
To be fair, that mod only applies to the American SNES. Due to a couple of internal differences, just plugging the game in isn't enough to run it on a PAL SNES, so you'd need a converter that piggybacks a PAL cart to use its CIC. There'd likely be some timing issues, too, but those usually just result in games running a little slowly.

Still, though, just for collector/nostalgia value, I'd say it's a good prize idea.
Just a guy
Quote from RetroGamerRyan:
you'd need a converter that piggybacks a PAL cart to use its CIC. There'd likely be some timing issues, too, but those usually just result in games running a little slowly.

I did not know that, actually. Nice to know. But yeah, still agree on the collector/nostalgia banking.
Balls jerky
I think Japanese games do well when you don't need to read japanese. That's kinda why I own mainly shooters for my imports. Those are all text heavy RPGs. =\