Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Thegreginator and I haven't tried to beat this record in a really long time because we are busy with school and because we have been working on TASes for this game.  I was recently inspired to start this run up again and hopefully thegreginator wants to do it too so we can finally finish this run.  The only problem is that I am out of town this week for fall break and we are busy with school so we might not even have time to record.  I really want to finish this run before the year is over and I am going to be home for winter break so maybe we will be able to make that happen.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Bump to put more pressure on you guys to finish this! Wee!

Seriously though, I'd love to see this done.
Hi! I'm andrewg!
I've decided I am going to work on this for a while.
I'm getting into a pretty serious speedrunning mood so you might be able to expect this run to be done soon, as long as thegreginator gets back soon and is ready to record some runs.

I've put my TV/SNES into a more convenient location and have been practing a lot lately(No thanks to Fabian, who's been slacking off on his "bugging me" duties  ;)).  All of my levels are back up to their original consistency, except YI2 which is still a little inconsistent. 
I just recently got my smashola skills back and a 291 on sw1 is becoming more consistent than ever.

Wish us luck  Cheesy
Quote:
I'm getting into a pretty serious speedrunning mood so you might be able to expect this run to be done soon, as long as thegreginator gets back soon and is ready to record some runs.

I've put my TV/SNES into a more convenient location and have been practing a lot lately(No thanks to Fabian, who's been slacking off on his "bugging me" duties  ;)).  All of my levels are back up to their original consistency, except YI2 which is still a little inconsistent.  
I just recently got my smashola skills back and a 291 on sw1 is becoming more consistent than ever.

Wish us luck  Cheesy

Hmm, I swear that I've never ever seen you before in my life.  Other than that, good luck!  If you get too stressed, get back to work on your tas! Wink

Oh yeah, will we be seeing a 361 for YI2 in the run?
Edit history:
skamastaG: 2006-12-24 09:22:47 am
So, I thought I just got the world record.  But then I timed my run twice after making it and both times I timed 11:10/10:56, which ties the SDA world record, but Lucid Faia said he has gotten 11:09.  When I timed it while playing I got 11:08:79.  Maybe my second and third timings were off but who cares.  I will just keep trying until I can truly beat this record.

EDIT:  I tied the SDA record again.
Way to go! Cheesy
This will be great to see an improvement of it. I have been trying to get a good PAL time, have only got 12:52 so far...
bläää
Tompa, I don´t remember my best time. 13 minutes, NTSC ?

Annyways, great job skamastaG. I hope you shave of the WR a little =) would be cool! good luck!
12:50 NTSC, Frezy.
bläää
12:50  Cheesy I´m not even two minutes from the record! I´m on my way.

well, I guess I have to be more serious sometime. I will not take yoshi in the fourth star stage. It´s not hard at all to do the special "fly-as-long-as-you-want" technique on PAL version. I have to learn how to do it good on NTSC too. sadly I´m not good at induviduall level runs so I can´t discuss with you guys.
I beat the record a few hours ago.  I'll come back tomorrow to say what I believe the official time is.  As of right now it could either be 11:07 or 11:08, maybe even 11:09 depending on how it's rounded.

It's definitetly improvable.  Bowser was pretty bad and lots of the levels had mistakes.  I'm just really happy that I got a 361 on YI2  ;D.  That makes up for everything else.

I will keep trying but I'll make sure to use a different tape.
bläää
Congratulations!

good luck on your other attempts =)
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
skamastaG,

Just stopping by to apologize for the lousy job I've been doing with the nagging. Also, congratulations. Hope you get a much better attempt soon though, maybe with thegreginator's help. Sounds like you should be able to.

I'll be back in a few days. Look forward to more nagging then.
Edit history:
Lucid Faia: 2007-02-10 01:37:52 am
Yeah, I said it.
http://zenixstudios.com/download.php?f=smw1109093.avi
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YCX1OBZ4

Super Mario World - 10:55

Until skamastaG gets a video up, this is the world record. This speedrun was done in 2004. It's the end of a long series of speedruns done by sdkess and myself on this game (which was a blast, by the way), and a Twin Galaxies-verified "record" for Super Mario World. sdkess obviously has the minimalist run for SMW on this site, with a time of 10:56 (or 11:10 by TG timing). My run comes in at 11:09 for TG, and presumably 10:55 for SDA. I made the mistake of recording the run on a very poor VHS tape, and then sending the original tape to Twin Galaxies while keeping an even worse backup copy for myself, which is why I never posted it online; the video quality is such that I figured no one would want to watch it. ...However. After a while, it gets a little annoying seeing people on GameFAQs and YouTube referring to sdkess's run as the "world record" today, when I beat his time two and a half years ago. That's the price I pay for not offering video proof.

After capturing the run to DVD and running it through VirtualDub, the run is actually quite watchable. I was surprised, I think it actually looks better than when I play the tape in a VCR. I'd actually consider submitting it if an improvement wasn't on the way.

I'd like to remind everyone of how old these strategies are. The run was done in 2004. And, before sdkess and I got involved, the best time for SMW was over 12 minutes, and tool-assisted runs on anything other than Famtasia were unheard of, so we had nothing to go by. Our routes were basically created from scratch.
bläää
Thanks for sharing Smiley I remember when you told me that you were the record holder on this forum once when I thought it was Scott.
Edit history:
Lucid Faia: 2007-02-10 01:37:23 am
Yeah, I said it.
It just starts to become annoying after a while, that's all. Yesterday, in a casual conversation about SMW speedrunning, someone advised me to watch sdkess's video to "get some tips." -_-
Edit history:
Trevor: 2007-02-10 04:03:06 am
thanks for uploading that. was wondering why it wasn't on SDA.

edit: wow - that tape quality was quite horrible in some places. lol. maybe that sucker would have played better in another vcr... nice run, i was impressed by how tight the execution was in some spots.
Yeah, I said it.
Quote:
edit: wow - that tape quality was quite horrible in some places. lol. maybe that sucker would have played better in another vcr... nice run, i was impressed by how tight the execution was in some spots.

I told you. And again, it somehow looks better than it does when I'm playing the VHS tape. That's why I never submitted it.
Edit history:
Lucid Faia: 2007-04-01 11:43:08 pm
Yeah, I said it.
Has anyone seen this run on Archive.org?

http://www.archive.org/details/SuperMarioWorld_xsnes9x_1047

It's played on an Xbox, via an emulator, so it wouldn't be accepted here - in fact, the runner claims in the comments that it "does not count" - but it finishes in 10:47 (or faster) by SDA timing, beating all previous times by myself, sdkess, and skamastaG. Though it is an "emulated" run, it appears to be legitimate in every other way.

So, it looks like a new bar has been set.
bläää
maybe.. This was good stuff. I haven´t seen it before. And it is from 2004 too. Its a long time ago.

Also. The bad timing on Kesslers old run surprised me. A mistake like that for a very popular and good run. Annyway. 54 is better then 56 Smiley
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
What I'm surprised about is that nobody has attempted to jump through the ghosts the way that guy did, before now. That didn't seem all that hard to do when I tried it. I was small, though, but still; someone very skilled would definately be able to pull that off everytime with some practice. It would be great to see someone achieve that time here someday, it would be an amazing run to watch.
bläää
I´m sure runners knew about passing the ghost. I have done it myself too. would save a few important seconds.
I wonder why he didn´t recorded it on a SNES. That record should be a classic one.
I don't even know what the fuck this is
Maybe he doesn't HAVE an SNES... it's too bad, too. That run was awesome!
looks like you got something to beat lucid. Smiley
Edit history:
Frezy_man: 2007-04-03 12:41:16 am
bläää
Go lucid, go! Tongue

Probably he had no SNES. but if you play and beat a record for a hole summer you can buy a SNES. Maybe he isn´t as serious as nerds here. Maybe he was very poor or don´t care very much about rules and stuff.