Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
It really sucks you have to assign angle up/down to the L/R buttons.
Stopping at your ship/saving doesnt add time does it? Well other than the time it takes for the animations...
My name is 4N6/Forensics.
It takes about 15 seconds in game when you stop at your ship.
Damn, I was thinkin it might add some time because I thought I for sure had a sub hour run today. Guess I just need to step my game up. Thanks for the reply.
So I timed myself for the first time today and got a 1:28:59.8/a :57 in  game. Only my second time actually hitting a sub hour(other was a :59). When you do realtime, when do you start/stop. I started at the pressing of the Start Game and ended at entering of the ship, is that correct?
That timing is correct assuming you're using a 0:00 file to skip the intro cutscene.
Yeah thats what I did.

I'm not really sure why I wanted to share this, but I got a :32 minute any% last night on stream and I guess I just wanted to share it. To be perfectly honest, the run isn't really up to the standards I've been trying keep for my RTAs, but this was my first :32 and I think it's kind of a huge milestone for me running the game. I made a lot of silly mistakes and there was a lot more slop than I'd like, so here's hoping I can improve it at some point. The run was done on console using a powerpak so I could utilize a patch that displays the gametime in minutes and seconds as opposed to the traditional hours and minutes, so I guess it's got that black mark against it (I didn't go into the run expecting a :32 lol). That aside, I'm probably going to take a break from gametime strats and work on realtime stuff for a while and maybe if I'm ever feeling masochistic enough to RTA this game hard again, I'll go for :31. Peace y'all.
Good job getting that time! Smiley
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Wow I gotta check that vid out after work.

Matching Hotarubi's original run?? That is a HUGE accomplishment, big congrats to you Garrison.
Good stuff !!!, I'lll watch this later thumbsup
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Not bad at all Garrison.  That Ridley fight was close.
Edit history:
Dessyreqt: 2012-06-27 12:29:08 am
Finally cut the Red Scarlet and got a :54, something I should have done a while ago. There are a lot of dumb blunders in this run; I'm almost ashamed to call it my PB. Anyway, hope it entertains someone out there!

I know this isnt much for proof but I was finally able to cut my time down from a 56. I know I can still do better and hopefully Ill be get a cap card so I can actually put a run on my youtube account.
This is my first recorded run Ive ever done. I play pretty bad in it but I still manage a :55 somehow. Also the quality is bad and it lags because my computer is pretty crappy. I think having wsplit on the stream was the cause, but im not sure so hopefully my next run that I record will be a bit better looking.

A little bit better of a run, with a :54. 1:26:34 RTA. Still room for improvement. Also not so bad with the lag/quality as the last run.

Edit history:
ConHuevos: 2012-08-23 11:38:32 am
Ciento Dos Huevos
Super metroid hitbox viewer:

http://pastebin.com/jD0fVwAy

Requires Snes9x 1.43-rr or 1.51-rr

1.43-rr:
http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-rr/downloads/detail?name=snes9x-1.43-rerecording-v17-win32-lua51dll.zip&can=2&q=

1.51-rr:
http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-rr/downloads/detail?name=snes9x-1.51-rerecording-v6-win32-lua51dll.zip&can=2&q=

Red is enemies, White Samus projectiles (possibly enemy projectiles?) and blue is samus.

Thank you for making this for us! It seems like it's going to be a good reference point whenever we go over minor optimizations.
Going back to 100%, I did get a run a few days ago that ended up being a :53 (but barely!)

The realtime for this run is 1:25:30. The realtime for Hotarubi's :50 is 1:23:34. This means that when I beat Hotarubi's realtime, I will have a :51 at best. I know that realtime has been accepted for any% (and Garrison is still working on a submittable run,) but is it fine for 100%? Should I just turn my attention to game time when I get the realtime record?

I just wanted to post a small update on my progress with the game. Since I got my original :32, I've switched up entirely from gametime oriented runs to realtime (as I'm sure most people are aware). We've managed to reroute any% to cut out something like 8 door transitions, 2-3 items and all pauses from the game, which drives the realtime of my run much lower than we originally thought we were going to do. Since I started, I've managed to cut off 1:27 from hotarubi's supposed "realtime" oriented run to the point where the runs feels pretty dramatically different from the traditional gametime strategies. I recently started recording my attempts with the goal of submitting a run to SDA. Currently, I'm sitting at 47:58 for any% (hotarubi's :31 clocked in at 49:25) and I'm aiming to cut off at least another 20 seconds just from the huge glaring errors in my run. My run got perfect phantoon luck, but I had a terrible botwoon and one of the most embarassing draygon fights I've ever had in a personal best.

I'm still working out the kinks with the actual recording process, the recording has some major audio crackle and ended up either dropping 30 seconds worth of frames or just recorded too fast. Until then, here's the encode of my current best, hoping to beat it very soon by a large margin:

Smörgåsbord
So is 48:58 a good time "real time"? Wink
Just wanted to post this because I thought Dessy might appreciate some of the tricks done. Not a PB, not even close, but I was pretty happy with it until Maridia and beyond. Although it does tie my gametime PB somehow...
So is Svenne a good "poster"? Wink
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-10-20 06:12:27 am
Smörgåsbord
Quote from Take It To The Press:
So is Svenne a good "poster"? Wink

The very best, just need more ink for the presses!^^

Looking forward to that SM-wiki!
That SM-wiki is progressing...slowly. Hopefully the people that know stuff about the game will make a little push for it so it gets some content ^^

I've added all I can already.