--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
behemoth - holy sh*t!
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-08-14 01:01:25 pm
Smörgåsbord
http://www.twitch.tv/krauser318 got 46:10 now, so 5 people on 30 ingame time! Most awesome!

Edit: Also Ivan got a 45:55 now, so that is 6 people with 30 ingame time!
Edit history:
giganotabehemoth87: 2013-11-02 12:30:00 pm
giganotabehemoth87: 2013-11-02 11:38:07 am
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been updated regularly with all the amazing times everybody is getting recently.

This is a run i did a few weeks ago on my quest for sub 45. I haven't bee as active as i would have liked since the 0:29, and honestly my ability is decreasing in some places. But i have changed a lot of the slow in game strats for realtime ones. this run is basically WIP and is still pretty sloppy. I accidentally picked up the lake missile pack which  added 6 seconds to the run among many things. But oh well it's a PB nonetheless.

This video only goes as far as me entering the ship on the escape because i pressed stop record on the dvd recorder. I usually do this on bad runs, and without me thinking i did it here before i even realized it was a PB, due to me being a little enraged by my shitty escape. All that's missing is that it is a 0:29 and that it was a 22% run. this will also have to be manually timed. I'm not even sure if it is 45:01, but that was my estimate based on the timer of the dvd recorder. the youtube video has given a different a slightly longer video length for some reason.
don't stop after sub 45 dude, we wanna see you beat zoast.
Congrats dude. It's a really interesting time to be an SM runner, arguably 7-8 runners all capable of getting amazing times. I'm down to 45:17 myself, but I have a lot of other commitments currently so my own quest will have to wait
Yeah I watched your run dude. Really good stuff. It's really impressive just the amount of people who've gotten their times down this far, all capable of 0:29 or sub 45. Never would have seen it coming few years ago. Now it seems 0:28 is just round the corner.

Zoast has stepped up the mark big time. Getting 44 is one thing, but getting it as low as that takes something else. I don't think i have the patience to push it further when i get 44 to be honest onlooker, there's other runs that i need to do as well. Beating zoast at this point would look like a near perfect run and quite frankly this game never lets me do such a thing Tongue
Professional Second Banana
The SM runs on the site are in pretty bad need of updates - would love to see a submission from one of the 0:29 crew. Smiley
May as well wait for a 0:28 and shelf any% for good Wink
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
The amount this game has been pushed lately is awesome! Keep going for it dudes !
PAL 50Hz KILL ME NOW
I just want to thank Zoast and the other SM runners for their continued efforts, thanks to their runs and due to switching from PAL to NSTC-J, I am now consistently getting 1:02~1:04, with PR being 1:01, wich is ridiculously close to my long time goal of getting subhour 100% SS.
(A goal set when I was 14, I am now near 27 and I've been playing it on and off)

I used to get consistent 1:15 on the PAL version, wich seems to be alot faster than the NSTC-J and I don't really get why.

I still need some help, can someone explain to me the following:
-How to two-turn Phantoon / effectively use the Wave Beam Charge Combo
-How to not get raped by the baby metroid
-How to rape mother brain while baby restores energy
-Full Halfie? I can't even make it up to the door while keeping the charged booster.

Any help would be greatly appreciated <3
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
@Elpis_TK31: I would recommend taking a look at the SM tutorial done by zoast, as well this Phantoon tutorial by DBX.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2014-01-31 05:10:43 am
Master-88
Don´t be worry elpis. This is game you can´t mastered it if you not are talented guy. I beat this game first time when i was 10 year old. I start speedrun that game 2006 (i was 17 years then) Rightnow i am nearly 26 year old guy. My speedruns still truly suck even i am practice like crazy (43 minutes segmented & 44 minutes SS) ingame time. I play that game a lot then.

I still have major trouble make super quick charge. My consistent are really low with this. There is some super/hyper quick charge like maridia mainstreet missile (speedtrick) i can´t make it even once.

Thats really cool see this game has some really good players. For example Zoast & Behemot. Those guys really mastered this game. I think Behemot 100% SDA run is still all around fastest run ever created. This equal some 45 minutes (ingame) NTSC version. Nobody can´t beat it.

I´ll hope behemot will back 100% run with NTSC version. I think he will make some really magic (44-45 minutes ingame time) With new tricks i think 44 NTSC is not that harder than 48 minutes PAL.
Thanks for the kind words MASTER-88 !

Segmented for this game is not really my thing anymore but i still support it 100% (pun not intended), and besides segmented 100% NTSC is Forensics category anyway. I'm far more of a real-time runner these days especially for any%. What validates it even more for me is the fact that a game-time of 28 is perfectly doable with a completely real-time focused run. that said i'm still unsure how far i want to take this run, and will likely stop bothering once i hit just under mid 44.

It's unlikely I'll do 100% and low% for NTSC after I'm finished with any%. Instead I'll probably go back to PAL and do the real-time shit for that version.
PAL 50Hz KILL ME NOW
@sinister1: thanks, those helped alot Cheesy

I still for the life of me can't use the Wave Charge Combo, nor can I skip the metroid (tho for the first time today, I actually learned something about it's timing), and I still can't pull a full-halfie (but I have managed a halfie :P)

However as of 23:00, 7 march 2014 I have succesfully completed my long-time dream.

Single-Segment 100% in-game timer of under an hour.
This is my birthday gift to myself, everything I can shave of after this is bonus, but this was the time I have been wanting to see for 14 years!!! Cheesy
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Nice job and happy bday!
Edit history:
giganotabehemoth87: 2014-08-28 05:24:57 pm
giganotabehemoth87: 2014-08-28 05:17:58 pm

It's been a long time coming but here is my new PB !!!

All information on this is in the video description. I'd like to thank Smokey, Reeve and Forensic for the continued support over many months it took to achieve this goal, couldn't have done it without you guys, cheers !. and for Zoast for setting the bar so ridiculously high on any%. That 28 was well earned, congrats !

[edit] damn the video lags like shit. i think it might just be my crappy connection.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2014-08-29 07:28:10 am
Master-88
Holy shit. I just hear Zoast did very high 28 minutes IGT. You are make it whole 20 seconbds faster. Shocked

Can we think 27 minutes could be happen in next 5 years? Year ago i thinking 28 minutes is totally impossible to reach even in theory. Now we have two guys who are under this "impossible" goal. I have to watch this later.
Well according to the description, this route is faster real time, but slower game time, so if 27 is possible, probably not with this route.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2014-08-29 07:40:18 am
Master-88
Quote from TheMG2:
Well according to the description, this route is faster real time, but slower game time, so if 27 is possible, probably not with this route.

What is there new route? Last time when i watch Zoast streams he use normal route. Yeah thats might explain a lot big improve like this. Yeah i have to watch this run, im interesting see this new route.

LOL. I see his IGT is 30 minutes. I think SDA will need seperate category IGT and RTA runs?
All the things
Quote from MASTER-88:

LOL. I see his IGT is 30 minutes. I think SDA will need seperate category IGT and RTA runs?

That happened a long time ago. Or rather, I don't think anybody uses IGT for Super Metroid anymore.

Anyway, very nice Behemoth! Definitely cool to see the revised route. Can't wait to see what happens as more people start working on this.
Professional Second Banana
SDA categories are community-driven - right now we just have real-time runs for Super Metroid since that's where the SM community's interest largely went to a few years ago; but if people start doing runs optimized for game time again, then we can host one of those too (like http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaMan9.html).

Also congrats Behemoth!  Loved all of the out-of-the-box thinking that made this run possible.
Dapper as fuck.
Zoast DID just get that 00:28 IGT run, so I guess they do somewhat care about it.  I know Deer Tier has separate leaderboards for RTA and IGT.  Not sure if that carries over to the people submitting runs here though.
They kinda focused on RTA, but IGT was kinda a secondary measurement. You could use the same route for both. You cannot do that with this route.