Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Dr. Cameltry is a straight up g.
Edit history:
Breakdown: 2008-04-28 04:44:12 am
Haters gonna hate

683,420 - Breakdown - All - Black Steel

Still about 90 minutes to improve it. . .

EDIT:  And improve it I did!

692,630 - Breakdown - All - Black Steel

So bloody close to the 700k mark, could probably make it if I had more than 15 minutes to do so.
yes, mario riding nothing
Well, week one of SDAAT is drawing to a close, and so far so good. Enhasa's first game choice seems to have pleased the masses, and seems to have gotten atleast a few people addicted. So I got to thinking, how could I try to help make the tournament even more of a success? Well, this week i've been one of the top scorers, so why not try to help people improve their score? Maybe find out what they might be missing? So here it is, my guide to hitting 700000 points! (Well, atleast 600000) Now, i'm sure some people might complain that this information comes a little late, but I think most of the charm of this game is finding your own routes through the levels. The game gets alot less fun once you are following the same route over and over trying to max your score. Remember the point of this is a tournament is to have fun!

Now, my original plan was to just post the guide straight into the thread, but it ended up much too long to fit. So instead, you can read it here. Enjoy everyone!
Ok week 1 over. Apologies to anyone who submits in the next 5 mins and makes me ninja edit. I will try to get next week ready soon.
Edit history:
scaryice: 2008-04-28 05:09:26 am
Quote:
Now, my original plan was to just post the guide straight into the thread, but it ended up much too long to fit. So instead, you can read it here. Enjoy everyone!

I used a controller and rarely held down the button and I got 4th.  8)

And I believe I did get a 1,000 bonus in special mode.
Silver Hawk!
I tried getting Raguy from Emucation.  Will I need the Neo Geo BIOS to run the game?  It isn't running for me.
Edit history:
Enhasa: 2008-04-28 06:11:20 am
Yes, I forgot to say that originally so I edited the post. I only said the word Neo Geo several times, so I had every opportunity to remember.
Let's fight to computer!
[22:33] <bsidwell> Enhasa, your tournament sucks.
This game sucks.
My goal is for bsidwell to hate every game.
Edit history:
scaryice: 2008-04-28 07:21:21 am
Alright, I got 15,980 on my first try. Took me at least 30 seconds to "touch" the thing in the right spot, then I died against the boss. Nice game over screen.

EDIT:

2nd attempt: 41,580
wise fwom yo gwave
NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON ITS WRITTEN IN SOME KIND OF HYROGLYPHICS I GIVE UP THIS GAME IS HOMOSEXUAL
It's deceptively hard... I reached some water and I was supposed to jump in it apparently.  Somewhat contrary to the previous zone where the water was deadly.

Just to get on the board:
52160 - Xaggoth - Lower Earth Empire 3
Haters gonna hate
94,610 - Breakdown - Empire Marsh 4

This is decidedly less fun than Cameltry, but not a bad little game all the same.  It was definitely designed to eat kids' allowances.
Quote:
NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON ITS WRITTEN IN SOME KIND OF HYROGLYPHICS I GIVE UP THIS GAME IS HOMOSEXUAL

THIS GAME ITS LIKE AN SNES GAME LIKE CARTOON
I want off the ride....
76830 Empire Marsh 4
Edit history:
CannibalK9: 2008-04-28 02:07:14 pm
give me your eyes!!!
62,610 - CannibalK9 - Lower Earth Empire 4

I keep jumping/attacking when I'm supposed to do the other thing which what I would want to do.

Anybody know what the fourth button does?
Or what the 'silver cucoon' buttock shaped objects do?

It gets fun after a few minutes when you realise how quickly enemies can be killed but certain parts are a bit crazy.

Edit: boo, maybe I should go the Empire Marsh route.

Oh, and I should have 27 points, unless all my take-backs have incurred a penalty~~

Edit: 75,300 - CannibalK9 - Starge Space
My feelings on The Demon Rush
CannibalK9: Enhasa made a typo, that's all.
Quote:
I keep jumping/attacking when I'm supposed to do the other thing which what I would want to do.

You could always reverse those keys in MAME.

Quote:
Anybody know what the fourth button does?

Should be nothing, unless I'm playing the game horribly wrong. They show the 4th button since it's Neo Geo and otherwise people might wonder why they have an extra button that doesn't show in the game controls I guess.

Quote:
Or what the 'silver cucoon' buttock shaped objects do?

Pick up enough of them (I forget how many atm) for an extend! (1up)
I have no solution, but i admire the problem.
5 silver or 1 gold cocoo = 1 up!

fun game, but very weird at first.

61,570 - Sorcerer88 - Empire Marsh 3

i hate these jump-into-the-air-do-a-barrel-roll-and-spit-a-fireball-into-every-direction-junkies!
Edit history:
stanski: 2008-04-28 05:10:31 pm
wise fwom yo gwave
79,600 - stanski - Starge Space

Anyone want to explain scoring techniques to me? I can't read shit in japanese!
Edit history:
CannibalK9: 2008-04-28 07:33:32 pm
give me your eyes!!!
Quote:
75,300 - CannibalK9 - Starge Space

98,500 - CannibalK9 - Mechanical City 4

The boss is impossible, 'nuff said... haven't seen any golden cocoons, and I've only seen the one key in the first area. Did they actually decide never to use that system again or are the secrets incredibly well hidden?

Edit: 105,160 - CannibalK9 - Mechanical City 3

yay, first to 100k... what?
astral guard
33,980 - Cromarty - Empire Marsh 1

Mame says one of the roms has an incorrect length, but it seems to run fine.  Weird.
Silver Hawk!
Alright, got the proper stuff!

Odd physics.  I like it though.
I have no solution, but i admire the problem.
115,810 - Sorcerer88 - Starge Space 2

was lucky enough to get a 3rd heart, 1st prize in the lottery.. and the enemy bonus is great, too, but you'll have to find that one out for yourself Grin

too bad level 1 is getting a routine after some time.