page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
astral guard
Quote:
At the end of stage 8, I believe if you're going fast enough you don't need to go around the little pegs by the goal. I've hugged the wall and got right into the goal (when entering from the right side).

I do this, but I also rotate the field left just as the ball is about to hit the corner where the pegs start, and it works every time.
Doesn't seem to work in the saw stage though (forgot what number, 4?), which would've been awesome.
Edit history:
BoltR: 2008-04-24 06:02:51 pm
yes, mario riding nothing
It is possible to jam yourself through the gaps between some peg blocks that are much smaller than your ball, however it's not really something worth trying in a run. You are much more likely to just waste more time than you will gain.
I've cut through the very end of 4 before by accident. I'm not sure if it would work in 6 (the saws). As they double pegged all the corners.
306570 - Xaggoth - ALL - Black Steel

Finally a good time with Black Steel, but I'm not really convinced I do better with it than any of the others.
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
471,350 - Enhasa - ALL - Black Steel

This has been a tremendously busy week and it's probably not going to get any better, so this is probably it for me.
Silver Hawk!
117,510-sunburstbasser-world 6 EXPERT COURSE-Blue Mist
Never give up!
317,920 - AquaTiger - Stage 9 - Black Steel

Damn you Xaggoth for making me hold my promise.  (Actually, come to think of it, maybe this is what I should do the whole competition - find a player close to my early scores and pursue them into the higher scores.)

If I hadn't gotten screwed over in stage 8 hitting too many time draining squares, I would've passed stage 9.

I'm still not done though - while I still think top 10 is out of my reach, I want to at least hit 400k.

This game is way more addicting than I thought at first.
Edit history:
Staralfur: 2008-04-25 02:03:54 am
hello there
498,850 - suriipasu - ALL - Black Steel

Entered stage 10 w/ ~99.9 seconds and, of course, subsequently fucked up terribly. I just can't win.

Unless I can improve after giving myself a day's leeway to calm down, I think I'm done. Shame I didn't hit my target [600k]. I thought this was a less-than-ambitious one, too, compared to my STGT 2k7 targets (none of which I hit either).

I need to get better or more realistic!

Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to fare for participation these next few weeks since I have exams approaching (sensibility says I shouldn't have even joined in the first place, but eh).

EDIT: Enhasa, I'm on the list twice.
355,630 - Xaggoth - all - Black Steel

Well, I'd better give you more incentive then eh?  I don't know how much more I want to play this one.
give me your eyes!!!
378,710 - CannibalK9 - All - Black Steel

Quote:
317,920 - AquaTiger - Stage 9 - Black Steel

Damn you Xaggoth for making me hold my promise.  (Actually, come to think of it, maybe this is what I should do the whole competition - find a player close to my early scores and pursue them into the higher scores.)

Guess who I've been 'pursuing' - I'm so bad at holding to my word...
I have no solution, but i admire the problem.
509,970 - Sorcerer88 - ALL - Black Steel

Glad you didn't make it suriipasu Wink but stage 10 with 99.9? wow..
616,300 - Normand - ALL - Black Steel

I just wanted to reach 600K. Oddly enough, I didn't get addicted to this game (not literally addicted, but I usually don't get bored of arcade games). It's still fun, though
I want off the ride....
67950 world 5 blue mist
410,680 - Xaggoth - ALL - Black Steel
DK64_MASTER - 179230 - stage 10 - Mist Bay
I want off the ride....

Edit history:
AquaTiger: 2008-04-25 02:18:03 pm
Never give up!

463,020 - AquaTiger - ALL - Black Steel

I find that psychological factors helped me with this more than absolutely anything else.  My performance on Stage 4, believe it or not, sets the tone for whether I can get a good score at all.  If I can't exit the stage with at least 30 seconds (which, while requiring some decent performances in early stages, is more dependent on the corridor of time drainers and the peg-hook section of that stage), I won't break 300k for the attempt and might as well restart there instead.

In any case, I did well enough in stages 4 and 5 that I wound up with 98.8 seconds to start stage 6.

Seeing the bonus character in stage 7 from ending the stage with 55.5 seconds (basically, if all the digits of the time remaining match at the moment you reach the goal, a little character shows you a 1000-point bonus.  Too reliant on luck to even think of trying even in the first stage, but still an interesting game touch) might have perked up my spirits too.

Stage 9 I believe I ended with about 35 seconds, which is meager.  It'd be a long time before I managed to end the stage with 60+ seconds though (that low point's specified because that lets you start the final stage with maximum time).

Ended stage 10 with about 17 seconds, which is unfortunate because I might have broken 500k if I had ended it with something in the 50-second range.

I think at this point, I'm close to done with the game.  It's not solid here though - the right people beating my score would put me back in action.

I need to put down the game regardless, because for a long time on the play session that eventually yielded this, I felt that my ability to play deteriorated right before my very eyes.
Everything's better with Magitek
I must be missing something, because I'm not getting scores anywhere near what most people are getting.  Of course, it probably doesn't help that I can't read any of the text in the tutorial (or even my exact scores, for that matter).  For some reason, in my copy of MAME the text is all screwed up and pretty much unreadable.  Anyone know how to fix this?
Silver Hawk!
156,380-sunburstbasser-World 7-Blue Mist

This one is for the Special course

Essentia, are you using the right version of Cameltry?  Or maybe its just a bad ROM?
Everything's better with Magitek
I got the exact ROM that Enhasa listed (US, YM2610) from the site that he suggested, so I'm pretty sure it's the right one.  I also got MAME from his link, so I don't know what's going on.
Silver Hawk!
I got MAME from another site, but I doubt thats the problem.  Sometimes, reinstalling a program can help it to run better.  Not that I've ever gotten my copy of Layer Section to work, but sometimes it helps.
466,380 - Xaggoth - ALL - Black Steel

Whatever I do in the early stages never seems to matter, when I start off well in them I ruin it by the time the stage is over.  I'm just trying to have ~90 seconds by stage 6 and things seem to work out pretty well for 400k.
one-armed bandit
273,450 - sarou - stage 9 - Black Steel

Never really played this on Taito Legends 2 but it's a fun little game but at the same time very annoying. I just can't play it anymore :p.
Edit history:
MrSparkle: 2008-04-26 02:23:26 am
Doin Good
154,250 - LinkTetra - Stage 8 - Mist Bay

204,570 - LinkTetra - Stage 10 - Mist Bay

I played a few rounds today. I think I was better at the game when I first started and got the old score. Then again stage 5 is not killing me as much. I was caught in a jam on I think Stage 8 and finished with 0.1...

I may try some more tomarrow...
Quote:
I got the exact ROM that Enhasa listed (US, YM2610) from the site that he suggested, so I'm pretty sure it's the right one.  I also got MAME from his link, so I don't know what's going on.

I use Mame 64 and it works perfectly.
Quote:
450,890 - scaryice - ALL -  Black Steel

501,240 - scaryice - ALL -  Black Steel