Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
damn the layout looks good, and the super metroid logo looks fine, if only a little too big?
<(^_^)>
Quote from heero_fred:
damn the layout looks good, and the super metroid logo looks fine, if only a little too big?

yeah it might be big, but I can fix that easily on xsplit itself
I'd like to volunteer to commentate the 20 seconds of Metroid Prime after Miles lands on Tallon IV.

I'd also like to volunteer to commentate the part of Kirby's 100% MP2 run where he reaches Sanctuary Fortress and has to go get Screw Attack.
<(^_^)>
Quote from KirbyGoPracticeGrandAbyss:
I'd like to volunteer to commentate the 20 seconds of Metroid Prime after Miles lands on Tallon IV.

I'd also like to volunteer to commentate the part of Kirby's 100% MP2 run where he reaches Sanctuary Fortress and has to go get Screw Attack.

You're banned from the marathon, raphael Angry except for the 20 seconds of MP after miles lands on Tallon IV.
Fortunately I'll be controlling the Mumble audio and can mute it during those 20 seconds.
Seriously, though, I probably could do commentary for Echoes Any% if you feel you need more people than just Kirby.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
i need to step it up and stream some pinball practice.

also, how's the screen layout gonna be handled for pinball? both screens are equally as important in it, unlike Hunters.
Im not the one organizing this, but I think that the screen in the layout will be divided in two horizontally with top half being top screen and vice versa. Thats what I can think of but they might think of something better.
Metroid 2 Ho!
Hey Kirby, just wondering, will there be links to commentators streams as well? IIRC AGDQ did that (Don't quote me on that, I could be totally wrong, but I think there were at least shoutouts)
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 07:52:34 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from UchihaSasuke:
i need to step it up and stream some pinball practice.

also, how's the screen layout gonna be handled for pinball? both screens are equally as important in it, unlike Hunters.

Actually I forgot about that <_< Only the top screen is important for hunters, but i wasn't sure how it worked for pinball. Uhhhh... I'll think about it for a bit
Pudding%
Pinball is one of the few games where keeping the 2 screens vertical is kinda necessary. Both screens will be smaller as a result, but it will look correct.
What is a man?
I'll get to it today or tomorrow
<(^_^)>
yeah, i've already pm'd uchiha and charleon about it. That should be taken care of.
we're set so get hyped for pinball (and my choke :p)
<(^_^)>
Quote from UchihaSasuke:
we're set so get hyped for pinball (and my choke :p)

Oh by the way, would you mind putting an example of how the DS for metroid pinball should look, with the appropriate spacing in between?
just the screens?

Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-03 07:40:56 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-03 07:40:34 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-03 07:40:27 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-03 07:39:07 pm
<(^_^)>
As an update, I've finished stream tests for about half the runners, and haven't stumbled into any significant problems save for one.

I asked one runner to try streaming to the marathon's first and second alt accounts, but the respective streams just say "Loading Video..." and says it's LIVE but doesn't do anything. I then told him to try streaming to his actual stream, and it worked fine there.

Anyone know anything about that?

Last thing, I'm going to start making an image with the layout and all the respect logo's, runners, timers, etc, for each run. Hopefully I'll have that done by this weekend and post them all here.

The only things I need as of now (no rush) are:

1. The stream layout for pinball, which I'm waiting on charleon
2. Making the game logo background transparent for the NES metroid and AM2R (the logos are in dragondarch's post here - https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/metroid_speedrunning_marathon_we_will_be_on_twitch_front_page_216.html#metroid_speedrunning_marathon_we_will_be_on_twitch_front_page_216 )
Jumping Turtle
Okay, there's a problem. I continued streaming from that test stream, and noticed that eventually, the archive appears to skip 10 seconds after every 20 seconds of stream. No idea if it's TTV on the fritz again, or my ISP, but OBS never mentioned any dropped frames, so I have no clue. Is this the kind of problem that might magically disappear the next day or something? Because those are really annoying.
Talk to the Hand
Jagger, I had a highlight from last night that's like that--similar thing, audio is fine, video skips a lot, no dropped frames reported or anything. Might be Twitch being Twitch.
did the same problem happen live by any chance?
What is a man?
Here we go ~~
Jumping Turtle
I had a user mention buffering, so I figured something messed up, but I'd been on a good run so I didn't look deeply into it.
Quote from charleon:
Here we go ~~

looks pretty good.

would it be possible to move the estimate time to one side and increase the gap between the screens? the game itself accounts for the gap. if the screens are closer, the game's flow looks weird since it looks like the ball warps between screens instead of having a clean transition.
It would be nice if both time and estimate in all layouts could be moved to the side to increase the screen estate used for the actual gameplay footage, in my opinion.