--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
<(^_^)>
Quote from charleon:
Will we need a 16:9 version as well ?

Yeah, a 16:9 version would be useful for metroid prime 3 and metroid: other m. This is highly appreciated and very legit Cheesy
Edit history:
JaggerG: 2014-03-25 04:05:07 pm
JaggerG: 2014-03-25 03:22:49 pm
Jumping Turtle
Actually, I stream Other M in 4:3. But yeah, Corruption.

EmptyEye: L + R brings up a menu. On this menu is Continue, Quit, Reset, and Sleep. Reset resets to the Metroid 1 title screen. Quit takes me back to the Zero Mission title screen. I also have the normal NES Classics edition GBA cart. I haven't checked it recently, but chances are it's the same. I also have Fusion and Prime 1, so I can unlock THAT version. On the other hand, if I'm not even close to the record, I think the more interesting option is to use the GBA version to describe the little, seemingly insignificant differences for casual players in it, such as no Up+A. The importance of the differences may surprise most gamers.

EDIT: I think I remember the NES Classics edition only having Continue, Reset, and Sleep in the menu.
It is not clear from the docs what timezone the start times are in. It might be prudent to be more explicit about that.
<(^_^)>
Quote from Mystery:
It is not clear from the docs what timezone the start times are in. It might be prudent to be more explicit about that.

The doc says (EDT: UTC -4 Hours) right next to the "Start Time" column name; honestly not sure how to be more explicit than that, besides make it obnoxiously big and bold it =/
That's precisely the thing. The way you've worded it is confusing.
A simple "all times are in EDT (UTC-4 hours)" would make it more clear, if you ask me. Even better would be to include GMT as not everyone lives in US/Canada.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-03-26 10:52:21 am
kirbymastah: 2014-03-26 10:51:48 am
kirbymastah: 2014-03-26 10:51:15 am
<(^_^)>
Quote from Mystery:
That's precisely the thing. The way you've worded it is confusing.
A simple "all times are in EDT (UTC-4 hours)" would make it more clear, if you ask me. Even better would be to include GMT as not everyone lives in US/Canada.

I think it'd be best to just include only one time zone; I feel like I'd be obligated to start including many time zones if you're suggesting to include GMT, and that would just cause a clusterf**k. Of course, it'd be best if I could make it auto-adjust to the computer's time zone, but I have no idea how to do that :S

Also I'm not sure how adding a "all times are in" would help? The schedule literally says "Start Times" EDT (UTC -4 hours). How is that confusing? I can merge the two cells, but I can't have one part of one cell bolded and another unbolded so that doesn't really work well either.

And given that you're the only person who's said anything about that so far, after about a month, I don't see any reason to change anything about it unless multiple people start pointing it out.
Edit history:
Mystery: 2014-03-26 10:53:38 am
Well, it was just a suggestion because I found it confusing Tongue Now that I've gotten clarification, I'm all okay.
I don't think it's a good idea to include any more than 2 time zones either, which is kind of why I suggested EDT and GMT, because GMT is kind of standard I believe? But one time zone is fine too.
<(^_^)>
Quote from Mystery:
Well, it was just a suggestion because I found it confusing Tongue Now that I've gotten clarification, I'm all okay.
I don't think it's a good idea to include any more than 2 time zones either, which is kind of why I suggested EDT and GMT, because GMT is kind of standard I believe? But one time zone is fine too.

I'm not too familiar (aka not at all) with european timezones; I guess I could include a column for GMT if it really is standardish
I see it more as a "international" time zone standard. UK uses GMT, which is also the country depicted as the center on maps Tongue
Smörgåsbord
Quote from Mystery:
I see it more as a "international" time zone standard. UK uses GMT, which is also the country depicted as the center on maps Tongue

Believe me, some countries have themself as the center on world-maps. Just so you know. XD
Edit history:
KentaKurodani: 2014-03-26 01:29:07 pm
Metroid 2 Ho!
Is Metroid 2 all locked up and/or is there gonna be a bonus stream? I've gotten back into Metroid 2 recently, and my time is approaching Kronics, so I was thinking, if there was a bonus, maybe him and I could try a race, or something along those lines. I can link a PB and my stream if necessary, to show that I'm not bad, and still cutting major amounts of time nearly every completed run. It's totally cool if I can't though, still hyped for Empty's run!
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-03-26 01:43:40 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from KentaKurodani:
Is Metroid 2 all locked up and/or is there gonna be a bonus stream? I've gotten back into Metroid 2 recently, and my time is approaching Kronics, so I was thinking, if there was a bonus, maybe him and I could try a race, or something along those lines. I can link a PB and my stream if necessary, to show that I'm not bad, and still cutting major amounts of time nearly every completed run. It's totally cool if I can't though, still hyped for Empty's run!

There is no bonus stream planned, and emptyeye is already doing metroid 2 100%; I can add you for commentary though (with kronic)

In terms of GMT time, I'll add a column with that conversion for convenience sake. You guys convinced me Tongue GMT is 4 hours ahead of EDT, correct?

I've corrected it, can someone confirm that it's fine?
Metroid 2 Ho!
Alright. Unless something is happening really important that saturday/early sunday, I'm almost sure that I could make that work. As long as Kronic and EmptyEye don't mind putting up with me Tongue
Quote from Svenne:
Believe me, some countries have themself as the center on world-maps. Just so you know. XD

I did not know! Good thing my country does not do this sort of nonsense.

Quote from kirbymastah:
In terms of GMT time, I'll add a column with that conversion for convenience sake. You guys convinced me Tongue GMT is 4 hours ahead of EDT, correct?

I've corrected it, can someone confirm that it's fine?

Yeah, EDT should be GMT - 4, so the schedule looks right!
What is a man?
Ok I Think i'm done, touched it up a bit.

16:9:

4:3
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Sick layout Charleon!!!
Edit history:
Mystery: 2014-03-28 10:38:27 am
Shouldn't time and estimate be moved to the left to maximize screen estate, especially in the 4:3 version? I assume that the actual game is going to fit into the big grey area.
Still, they do look cool.
What is a man?
Quote from Mystery:
Shouldn't time and estimate be moved to the left to maximize screen estate, especially in the 4:3 version? I assume that the actual game is going to fit into the big grey area.

NOw that you say it, it loks kinda awkward :D, guess i'll do a third revision
<(^_^)>
Quote from charleon:
Quote from Mystery:

NOw that you say it, it loks kinda awkward :D, guess i'll do a third revision

I agree, but it still looks really nice; it'd be perfect with that adjustment. Thanks a lot! Cheesy
Edit history:
charleon: 2014-03-31 08:55:01 am
What is a man?
Ok, expand my previous posts of the layout, it's updated. Is everyone happy now? Cheesy (previous critique vas all valid).

Also, don't mind if you ask for my services for future marathons.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-03-31 10:45:08 am
<(^_^)>
Beautiful Cheesy The only thing is I'm not sure if the "Metroid Marathon" will get in the way of the mp3 run, but don't change that; I'll mess with that and see how it works out over the next few days.

Thanks a lot charleon! There's one minor thing that I PM'd you about.

As an update, I've done test streams for 4 of the runners and the stream quality so far is pretty good; I caught one minor thing that has been ironed out, and gotten a bit more used to mumble.

EDIT: Finally, does anyone know anything about getting a transparent timer to put on the timer slot in the layout? I'm only used to using splits, so if anyone knows what program I can use (and if it can be customized to be the same font as the text on charleon's awesome layout, even BETTER!) then please let me know!
You can never run enough games
You can just use a split program and chroma key out the background of the timer, Livesplit would probably be easiest since you can just have the timer and nothing else on the layout.
WSplit also works fine for that purpose, you can turn off the gradient effect and chroma key the flat background.
Edit history:
charleon: 2014-03-31 02:25:28 pm
What is a man?
http://www.fonts2u.com/metroid-fusion-regular.font this is the font i used

also, what MLSTRM said, I can explain to you how to accomplish it in xSplit and OBS if you have any minutes free some day, add me at Skype: grandstream

quick composition inside xSplit:

Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:38:39 am
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:38:19 am
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:38:07 am
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:03:42 am
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:03:16 am
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:02:28 am
<(^_^)>
First of all, I have great news. Svenne sent in the application to get ludendi onto twitch front page for the duration of the metroid marathon, WOOT! Shoutouts to svenne!

On the layout, here's an example of a layout I put together on xsplit, after downloading the fusion font:

I really like the layout and I don't think it needs to be changed. That percent sign does seem rather out of place though IMO =/ anyone else have any thoughts? that's really the only thing, and it's not really directly related to the layout either.

Also, hunting for logos with transparent backgrounds is rather annoying. If any of you want to be REALLY NICE and save me a lot of time, feel free to go hunt around and find logos for me! I only skimmed over google images and found the logos for about half the games on the marathon.

I need logos for the following games (with TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS):

Metroid 1
Another Metroid 2 Remake (if there doesn't exist one, maybe someone can draw one?)
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime: Pinball
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

For all the prime games, I'd also like the ball logo behind the text (shown in the Metroid Prime logo in the example above).

EDIT: Also, if someone wants to make a "setup" screen that would fit in the 4:3 layout, that would be perfect! Let me know! Let your creativity flow Tongue