Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 ... 12, 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Jumping Turtle
Is the delay still 45 seconds by default? Or is that only if the channel gets quality options?
Quote from JaggerG:
Is the delay still 45 seconds by default? Or is that only if the channel gets quality options?

Probably, with the double streaming set-up I have. So having the runners stream to hitbox would be better, for the commentators at least. I've never used hitbox before though... is it any different for setting up?
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-10 09:31:58 am
kirbymastah: 2014-04-10 08:21:39 am
<(^_^)>
Update - I have sent a twitch private message (not everyone uses SDA threads actively) to every runner and commentator. Please check your twitch inbox and make sure you got my message! Please follow the set-up in the message appropriately before the marathon!

If you are a runner/commentator but did NOT receive my PM, then please contact me!

I have decided to go back to using the rtmp since the DS issue isn't really an issue outside of just one run (which is easy to work around). There's also minimal delay, so the commentators won't be far behind.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
there should be more stream tests with the runners for all these changes.
Quote from UchihaSasuke:
there should be more stream tests with the runners for all these changes.

It should be fine, there's a website where one can very easily check the stream and I basically took the instructions from the mumble crew marathon (which are pretty straightforward). Worst case scenario, a runner will switch back to one of my twitch alts.
Jumping Turtle
I did a test stream earlier and checked up on it myself. Not too concerned because the only thing you change is the server/stream you're streaming to.
good to know. it was just in case :p
What is a man?
things are getting hyped as ****, can't wait for this to happen. If there are any last minute changes you would need me to do Kirbymaster, it would be good to tell me about these now, as i'll only be semi-available after tonight
Hey guys!

I'm Darren, I run Metroid fan website Shinesparkers. This is the first i've heard of this but i'd like to get involved in promoting this if possible.
Metroid 2 Ho!
I can vouch that this is indeed the real Darren, we were having a discussion on my stream about this Tongue
<(^_^)>
Quote from Darren:
Hey guys!

I'm Darren, I run Metroid fan website Shinesparkers. This is the first i've heard of this but i'd like to get involved in promoting this if possible.

Hi Darren! It would be great if you can promote the marathon! It's startin very soon so unfortunately there won't be much time left, but that's fine.

The link to information and the schedule is here - https://goo.gl/81WgjN

Just spread that link. Thanks!
If you're able to get on Skype with Kenta, we could chat about this in a bit more detail! Smiley
Well, it's finally happening tomorrow! I just wanted to wish good luck with the marathon!

Oh, I also noticed that the times were in 24H, which is nice, but you completely forgot to use the ISO Date format (or D-M-Y) which is used pretty much everywhere in the world except for US. But that's okay. I forgive you Wink
i need the RNG gods to smile upon me

*chants to the RNG gods*
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-11 08:22:03 pm
<(^_^)>
I'm not really going to have time to go over on skype Darren, sorry about that. I plan on sleeping like, within the next hour, after working out a few things like credits and such. I need to wake up at 6am and be awake for over 30 hours XP

anyways, everything's all set up and good to go. Good luck to all of us, and I really hope nothing technical goes wrong on my end =x
just after my worst run ever, i got my best run ever in pinball. this game is gonna be a wildcard.
Taking the helm.
Just dropping by to say I've been looking forward to this and will try to watch as much of it as I can, good luck to everyone!
Smörgåsbord
Good luck and have superfun everyone!
What is a man?
and superfun it was. I wasn't able to catch the whole thing unfortunately, but in the end there was such a great atmosphere, both in the stream and in the Twitch chat. And peaking at 3k+ viewers, I can not say anything else than this was a success. it was nice to see that the layout I made was appreciated as well. Don't hesitate to hit me up with layout work for future marathons as well.
<(^_^)>
We actually peaked at around 4k at one point, during mp1 100% Wink I think we hit 3.5kish around both fusion runs and mp2 100% as well Tongue

I'll put up another thread what went wrong coughmyinternetcough and what went right from my point of view, as well as leave the thread open for suggestions, and maybe plans for another one, because this was really fun! I kinda wanna not think about this for a day or two though, need to recharge emotionally (I already did physically after sleeping for 16 hours... herpderp)

Thanks everyone for a successful marathon! It was fantastic, despite many technical issues Tongue
Metroid 2 Ho!
5 runs of commentary was exhausting but amazing! 9 hours of talking takes a lot outta you though. DocM64 Interview and Kirby getting Grand Abyss were definitely the hilights
Pudding%
Hey Kirby, just wanna bring up one thing right now: I'm seeing a number of requests for videos of the runs (AM2R actually seems to be a somewhat popular request). Svenne said he saved all the twitch recordings forever, so do you think we could highlight the runs (minus setup) and get those uploaded to YouTube?
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-14 10:30:03 am
kirbymastah: 2014-04-14 10:29:19 am
<(^_^)>
Quote from Dragondarch:
Hey Kirby, just wanna bring up one thing right now: I'm seeing a number of requests for videos of the runs (AM2R actually seems to be a somewhat popular request). Svenne said he saved all the twitch recordings forever, so do you think we could highlight the runs (minus setup) and get those uploaded to YouTube?

I'd be willing to do that, will probably spend time tonight/tomorrow doing that, but the only problem is that highlights of over 2 hours can't be uploaded to youtube. This is primarily an issue for MP2 100%, MP3 100%, and Other M (though mp1 100% and mp2 any% could be issues too because of disconnections and credits), but I'd like to have consistency in uploading too. I'm also not sure how downloading the twitch highlights works, if that's even possible :S

In the same thread where I'll be asking for feedback, I'll also ask if there are any requests of highlights/bloopers, maybe we can make a reel for that. There are definitely quite a few I can think of Tongue
Edit history:
Svenne: 2014-04-14 10:37:14 am
Smörgåsbord
Great marathon fellas! I had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it!

DD and Kirby: http://www.twitchtools.com/ is one way to do it or if you have a YouTube account we could hook up the ludendi channel with it and send it there!

Edit: the 2 hour limit sucks though!
<(^_^)>
Many runs have been spliced because of technical issues; would twitchtools.com work for that as well, to splice them together? (with some sort of transition in between of course)