Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-06 03:00:59 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-06 02:59:18 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-06 02:58:38 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from Mystery:
It would be nice if both time and estimate in all layouts could be moved to the side to increase the screen estate used for the actual gameplay footage, in my opinion.

Now that I've messed with the layout and put logos around, the timer can definitely be moved to the left, maybe right below the runner info? However, it really comes down to this: is there too much blank space on the left side? (I have an example with super metroid logo, which is the biggest logo, vertically)

If there is too much blank space, then yeah, the timer could do with moving to the left. Personally, I'm kinda indifferent with it; I like the timer the way it is as the design of the UI fits well with being right below the gameplay, despite having a slightly smaller gameplay window.

EDIT: In the case of pinball, the timer should be moved IMO, because the DS screens are already really small on the layout.

Also last thing but nobody's said anything about this, and this is quite important, so I'll bold it to make sure people don't miss it.

Would anyone be able to change the METROID and AM2R logos dragondarch provided (page 9 of this thread) such that the backgrounds are transparent?
I suspect that especially the 4:3 version, there probably is space. Perhaps the text and logo might have to be a little smaller, though.
But I haven't heard anything of anyone trying it, so I could be wrong. Just a suggestion, though.
Edit history:
charleon: 2014-04-07 02:00:22 am
What is a man?
Quote from kirbymastah:
Quote from Mystery:
It would be nice if both time and estimate in all layouts could be moved to the side to increase the screen estate used for the actual gameplay footage, in my opinion.

Now that I've messed with the layout and put logos around, the timer can definitely be moved to the left, maybe right below the runner info? However, it really comes down to this: is there too much blank space on the left side? (I have an example with super metroid logo, which is the biggest logo, vertically)

If there is too much blank space, then yeah, the timer could do with moving to the left. Personally, I'm kinda indifferent with it; I like the timer the way it is as the design of the UI fits well with being right below the gameplay, despite having a slightly smaller gameplay window.

EDIT: In the case of pinball, the timer should be moved IMO, because the DS screens are already really small on the layout.

Also last thing but nobody's said anything about this, and this is quite important, so I'll bold it to make sure people don't miss it.

Would anyone be able to change the METROID and AM2R logos dragondarch provided (page 9 of this thread) such that the backgrounds are transparent?

I'll get to it when i get home from work:
* background transparency for logos
* Move the Pinball timer (I guess to the right side ?)
* Make some more space between both screens on the pinball layout
Edit history:
JaggerG: 2014-04-07 03:45:14 am
Jumping Turtle
I guess kirby could just resize it to line up. Old DSes often didn't line up properly, themselves.

So I streamed today on another channel and, surprise surprise, people said they had the infinite loading screen again. I tried several different settings, changing bitrate, resolution, bitrate again, changed the server, nothing fixed it (for the one out of 2 users actually responding). Then I tried changing the server again and it fixed it. Apparently the San Francisco and LA servers both suck. :^/ I also discovered that I've been dropping thousands of frames a minute because my brother constantly has bittorent running on our shared connection. It sort of makes sense, I guess, but I get the impression it actually allocates the bitrate even if he's not sharing anything. >_<
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-07 08:37:44 am
<(^_^)>
Oh sweet, well at least that's figured out. I hope you'll be able to ask your brother to not torrent stuff during this weekend? ^^;

I'll be really busy today with something I have to get done by tomorrow, so I can continue stream tests starting Tuesday.

Also thanks a lot charleon for your hard work! Cheesy
Quote from JaggerG:
...It sort of makes sense, I guess, but I get the impression it actually allocates the bitrate even if he's not sharing anything. >_<

You cannot "allocate" bitrate. Either it is used or it is not. If it is used, then there is no way to "reserve" bitrate for a specific application. You either have to hope that your connection is fast enough to handle all the traffic or shut down some operations if they interfere. The best reliable method is to not have anything using bandwidth while streaming.
Jumping Turtle
I guess I must be misinterpreting memories then. I just remember having bittorrent running but not torrenting once and it still seemed to hinder other programs. That might have actually been CPU usage putting strain on everything instead. I have no idea, but if I can get the stream reliably smooth, it's fine.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
anything as little as 5 bps can destroy your streaming's consistency. that's one reason why i stream very late at night (everyone is asleep and no other computers are being used)
<(^_^)>
Hm for the timer for the metroid pinball layout, would people rather have it on the left or right side?

Having it on the left side would mean all the run information is put together, but it would also mean a lot of blank space on the right side. Of course, the game can be moved farther right, but it's not going to be centered like in the original layout, and it'll leave a lot of not-so-pretty blank space on the left side by doing that.

Having it on the right side wouldn't have as much of the issue, but run information is farther apart, and it might be awkward having the timer as the only thing in the space to the right of the game. Thoughts?
most boring option: put a pic of samus on the space to the right

creative option: put some interesting artwork in it.
What is a man?
Sorry, i was dead tired yesterday, but I'll leave early from work today so I'll be able to finish everything.

Quote from UchihaSasuke:
most boring option: put a pic of samus on the space to the right

creative option: put some interesting artwork in it.

don't worry, if i find a glaring hole, i'll try to fill it Tongue
I just trust my compositionary senses to create something beautiful with this
Jumping Turtle
rememberme.gif
What is a man?
AM2R logo

Metroid 1 Logo

Final Pinball layout (hype)
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-08 12:06:28 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-08 12:05:35 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-08 12:04:29 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-08 12:03:48 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-08 12:03:29 pm
<(^_^)>
All the layouts with each logo. I merely just organized it on xsplit then print screened; the actual positioning and stuff will probably be adjusted more, same with the time estimates and categories. Yes, Miles will be running every game here; I wasn't too lazy to change the runner at all.:

Metroid:

Zero Mission:

Metroid 2:

AM2R:

Super:

Other M:

Fusion:

Prime:

Prime Pinball:

Prime Hunters:

Prime 2:

Prime 3:

The problem is where to put the prime 3 logo on the widescreen layout. I put it in the top-right corner for now (there isn't much to miss in the corners of the gameplay); any thoughts?

I'm also not sure if we should just go with the dual screen layout for hunters; that's something I'll ask amhite about soon.
i wonder if miles' steroids can hold up that long...
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-08 01:36:55 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-08 12:24:03 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from UchihaSasuke:
i wonder if miles' steroids can hold up that long...

He has parax as his feet. They can handle it.

EDIT 2:

I got the timer working fine with the fusion font along with showing the hours and minutes (as zeros when appropriate), thanks a lot to Cryze107 for helping with the timer to work! And thanks to the programmers of LiveSplit for the program itself!

Using chroma key, it shows up fine on xsplit without the black background.
Jumping Turtle
So tonight I felt like I'd been playing Metroid 1 pretty solidly, but made a couple silly mistakes that led to deaths at bosses. I still finished in 26:07 (my best is 22:15). I'm pretty confident I can finish in around 30 minutes, but I'm not sure if y'all feel a 22 minute run that loses 8 minutes is good enough for this marathon.

The good thing is that I've never had a practice run completely destroyed by RNG. It's just focus against Kraid and actually paying attention to my health at the zebetites.
Metroid 2 Ho!
When are the Mumble PM's headed out? I figure we'd wanna set those up in advance.
What is a man?
You could always make the corruption logo half transparent if you want to see through it a bit
<(^_^)>
I'm pretty sure I sent it to you kenta? if not, I just PM'd it to you again
<(^_^)>
As an update, I'm reconsidering and rethinking how to do the restream, to make it more reliable; I may end up asking the runners to set up their stream to an rtmp channel instead (if that doesn't work, we can always just fall back to a twitch stream). I'm figuring this out right now.
Metroid 2 Ho!
I had an idea for how we could avoid the problem of twitch delay affecting commentators. Do a hitbox alt stream, the commentators can watch that with only a 3 second delay, keeping their commentary more relevant to whats actually happening to the runner.
Talk to the Hand
Twitch Partnership contract says you CANNOT stream to ANY other service. This would include Hitbox.

(NOTE: I think that, since Ludendi is where this would end up, we would be bound by that...unless the Ludendi stream isn't partnered)
Pudding%
Quote from Emptyeye:
Twitch Partnership contract says you CANNOT stream to ANY other service. This would include Hitbox.

(NOTE: I think that, since Ludendi is where this would end up, we would be bound by that...unless the Ludendi stream isn't partnered)

I thought it just said that you cannot earn money from any other stream service? Either way, we'd still be streaming to Ludendi as the main attraction, and no one else (besides commentators) would have the link for the hitbox channel.
I'm gonna try setting up two hitbox channels. I'll also type up instructions for all the runners/commentators and PM you all to your twitch accounts by tomorrow. I'm PMing you all on twitch since it's kinda universally what everyone checks.

I've decided against using rtmp channel (the same set-up used for the mumble crew marathon) since it'd screw up some things for the DS games.