page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
What is a man?
Quote from kirbymastah:
First of all, I have great news. Svenne sent in the application to get ludendi onto twitch front page for the duration of the metroid marathon, WOOT! Shoutouts to svenne!

On the layout, here's an example of a layout I put together on xsplit, after downloading the fusion font:

I really like the layout and I don't think it needs to be changed. That percent sign does seem rather out of place though IMO =/ anyone else have any thoughts? that's really the only thing, and it's not really directly related to the layout either.

Also, hunting for logos with transparent backgrounds is rather annoying. If any of you want to be REALLY NICE and save me a lot of time, feel free to go hunt around and find logos for me! I only skimmed over google images and found the logos for about half the games on the marathon.

I need logos for the following games (with TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS):

Metroid 1
Another Metroid 2 Remake (if there doesn't exist one, maybe someone can draw one?)
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime: Pinball
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

For all the prime games, I'd also like the ball logo behind the text (shown in the Metroid Prime logo in the example above).

EDIT: Also, if someone wants to make a "setup" screen that would fit in the 4:3 layout, that would be perfect! Let me know! Let your creativity flow Tongue

When I get home after work I could hunt for some logos, also, what do you mean with a setup screen ? you mean a screen to show between the games ?
<(^_^)>
Quote from charleon:
Quote from kirbymastah:
First of all, I have great news. Svenne sent in the application to get ludendi onto twitch front page for the duration of the metroid marathon, WOOT! Shoutouts to svenne!

On the layout, here's an example of a layout I put together on xsplit, after downloading the fusion font:

I really like the layout and I don't think it needs to be changed. That percent sign does seem rather out of place though IMO =/ anyone else have any thoughts? that's really the only thing, and it's not really directly related to the layout either.

Also, hunting for logos with transparent backgrounds is rather annoying. If any of you want to be REALLY NICE and save me a lot of time, feel free to go hunt around and find logos for me! I only skimmed over google images and found the logos for about half the games on the marathon.

I need logos for the following games (with TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS):

Metroid 1
Another Metroid 2 Remake (if there doesn't exist one, maybe someone can draw one?)
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime: Pinball
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

For all the prime games, I'd also like the ball logo behind the text (shown in the Metroid Prime logo in the example above).

EDIT: Also, if someone wants to make a "setup" screen that would fit in the 4:3 layout, that would be perfect! Let me know! Let your creativity flow Tongue

When I get home after work I could hunt for some logos, also, what do you mean with a setup screen ? you mean a screen to show between the games ?

Yeah exactly
Smörgåsbord
I would not mind having a sexy offline picture aswell! Wink Nothing fancy, just something metroid and the text "metroid speedrunning marathon"! (I dont have photoshop on my computer) Sad
What is a man?
Logos:

I improvised some for A2MR Cheesy
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 11:50:49 am
<(^_^)>
dang :O The Metroid 1 one is perfect. Is it possible to have any higher resolution for the others though?

Also I really appreciate the improvised logo for AM2r; I'll use that if ddarch doesn't come up with anything (he has the logo and is working on it)
Really excited to watch this!
What is a man?
I'm afraid not, the source images were small and really easy to clean (make the background transparent), they are large enough for the layout imo..
setupscreen maybe v v v v

Beautiful work on this charleon!
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 12:27:59 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 12:25:03 pm
<(^_^)>
holy crap charleon this is amazing.

One minor thing about the logos. The logo for prime 2, it still has black spots between the I and the D, it's not transparent. Think you can fix that?

Everything else seems to fit fine on the layout Cheesy

EDIT: on twitter, quynzaro has been working on improving the resolution for the logos as well, as an update

Really sorry, I also tweeted for help on the logo and 3 people have offered to help; didn't know charleon was also working on the logos, so things are a bit :S at the moment with regards to the logos.
What is a man?
well it's updated now, take it or leave it Wink
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 12:30:39 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from charleon:
well it's updated now, take it or leave it Wink

thanks a lot! Cheesy

I hope I'm not sounding too picky with everything; seriously, thanks to everyone who volunteered to help out, whether with little things or big!
Oh forgot to ask this. What do the different colors on the schedule mean? Do they represent different days?
<(^_^)>
Quote from TheLeafsOrangeHokage:
Oh forgot to ask this. What do the different colors on the schedule mean? Do they represent different days?

they're arbitrary XP
Man I am glad to see the amazing Other M on the schedule! Kappa But seriously. YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE TOTALLY PICKED MILES AS COMMENTATOR. Also, I have never seen a run of it so it will be interesting. All I know is that there are like 0 glitches in it.
Pudding%
All the logos I have. Prime/2/3/Other M were found online (thought I had taken them from AmaRec screenies, but the resolution is much higher than I could get with that...). Everything else was ripped directly from emulator. Only missing Pinball, and I'm sure I could get that no problem.

And none of these have transparency, FYI. They're all on black backgrounds (which works perfectly with my stream layout). If someone could get rid of that and add transparency, I'd say they'd all be fine.

Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:40:23 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 01:39:53 pm
<(^_^)>
Ok, if someone could make the AM2R logo transparent, that would be perfect, and I'll have a suitable logo for every game now!

Of course it could be better. I'm currently using charleon's logos for mp2+3, and I think quyznaro on twitter is working on getting those on higher resolution.

I was DMing ddarch on twitter and he said he didn't like the one I have, which is here:

I'm not the run who runs metroid, so I'm not quite sure how the coloring is supposed to look. Thoughts?
Pudding%
Look at the one I posted for Metroid for the actual in-game coloring.
<(^_^)>
Quote from Dragondarch:
Look at the one I posted for Metroid for the actual in-game coloring.

Ok, then if charleon/anyone else can make the METROID logo (from NES game) from dragondarch's post have the transparent background, that should be perfect then!

If you're going to work on transparency for either metroid 1 or AM2R, please post here before starting! I don't want multiple people working on the same thing like earlier today D:
<(^_^)>
Prime 3 logos. Let me know what you think.

charleons:

Wikipedia:

I personally like charleon's, and that it has the planet thing (keeping the theme of having something spherical behind the logo). However, it isn't what actually shows in the game; the one that matches the actual game's is from wikipedia commons

Thoughts?
I prefer charleon's. It has more to it and just looks better overall.
Dixie Kong Fan Club
I kind of prefer Charleons' myself. Spherical thing keeps up thematically with most Metroid games, and just overall looks better.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 02:12:47 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 02:10:20 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 02:09:47 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-04-02 02:06:03 pm
<(^_^)>
Man, almost everyone prefer's charleons. I'll wait a few hours in case there are others who prefer wikipedia's, but I'm strongly leaning towards the former.

On another topic related to logos, here's what I have for super metroid.

Logo:

Logo on stream layout:

The logo matches with the box art, and it's basically what i found from briefly google imaging. This is accurate with the in-game logo too I think? Think it looks ok?

Also once I get AM2R's transparent logo and NES metroid's fixed up, I'm going to make one final post with how every logo looks on the layout Tongue
Damn this is a beautiful setup! Lol Miles running Super Metroid?
<(^_^)>
Quote from TheLeafsOrangeHokage:
Damn this is a beautiful setup! Lol Miles running Super Metroid?

and metroid prime 3, according to pic.twitter.com/uIfdIhbu6n