--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Is PJ
Quote from Megakidicars:
Quote from Greenk4:
OK I haven't been here for awhile checking up but now to answer questions.

For commentary on runs: if you wanna do it, I say go for it. Just speak to the runner (or if you are requesting someone then just speak to them and confirm it) ya'll can do what you want with that.

If mumble is somehow an issue (since we are being provided with mumble server(s)) then we'll figure it out and use skype as a last resort if needith be.

AS for putting people in blocks that I'm not sure about as I figure some people will need a break from speaking so I'm gonna try to mix things up as best as  I can UNLESS people want to have their runs together.

Norferzio: (Edit) Ok I know what you're talking about and i'll speak it over with Uyama, if it doesn't make the cut then i'll put you on the reserve list for bonus stream

Sinnoh, its all good don't worry bout it

As for Mega Man 6 100% and what is required, I believe its all optional rush parts, Beat, E Balancer and beating the true boss in each robot master stage. (Not 100% sure yet but this is what me and Uyama believe it is)

The megaman 5 run during ESA said any% but it got all letters (which aren't required) oh derp I forgot to log in as I sit here typing this.

Any% just means "do whatever it fastest".  If collecting everything happens to be fastest, it is still any% (think similar to Mega Man X2).  Any% can be the same as 100% in some games, and it can be the same as low% in other games.  In Mega Man 5, it just happens to be faster to get Beat for Darkman 2 and Wily Capsule than to skip it.
Quote:
Norferzio: (Edit) Ok I know what you're talking about and i'll speak it over with Uyama, if it doesn't make the cut then i'll put you on the reserve list for bonus stream

Oh so you may not need me then? Not sure what you mean by what I'm talking about Tongue
Bert = Too Stronk
Norferzlo what I mean is that how I'm gonna run this is:

you have your main marathon games then the first day of bonus stream is called the "Reserve List" which is for anyone who didn't make it to the main marathon but I still want in and appear in the gray section of the game doc. (Because I DO want Portal in) right now I have to push some games into that list so that I have enough games to fit the marathon time and everything else will be reserve list first and if it doesn't make it on that list don't worry, that's what bonus stream is for lol and i'll have a sign up for that. I think if time permits me i'll close out the bonus stream after a few days (and if I'm not i'll have someone do it in my stead)

Also all changes have been made to the game list doc and if I forget anything let me know somehow
Edit history:
FearfulFerret: 2013-07-17 09:51:53 pm
I can add a donation incentive/war for Bioshock Infinite: bird v. cage. It's a small cosmetic choice you make about a half hour in with no impact on time or gameplay, but people do seem to like to vote one way or the other.
ok thanks just wasn't sure what you meant Cheesy
Hey Green! Been thinking about additional donation incentives for my run.  In previous marathons the "Face McShotty" quest has always managed to meet its donation goal.  It's a quick (and hilarious) quest that doesn't add any real time to the run. 
Bert = Too Stronk
I love Face McShotty, I'm adding it now lol and Bird v Cage has been added as well, all changes should be up to date. though I'm thinking from here on out since I don't have any more hours I can dedicate to the main marathon (I'm stretching it as is a bit) anything else suggested (after talking to Uyama of course) will be set for bonus stream (not the reserve list after awhile, official reserve list cut off isn't yet)
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
Greenk4 i need removed from the marathon.  I don't really know if I could do assault and if I could it would be extremely bad to watch.  I also can't commentate.  college will be starting up for me and i had no idea what plans i can keep.  sorry
Bert = Too Stronk
its totally fine Zewing  I know that feeling when it comes to school.
My school will be starting up the week before the marathon, too, but as long as I'm doing my runs Saturday afternoon, say, after 3:00 EDT, I should still be able to do them.
Bert = Too Stronk
That's plenty fine, i'll figure the schedule out soon and have a rough one up soonish
dat jerk
Same for me as well. My college classes start on August 22. As long as my runs are at 10pm EST, it should be all good.
No pain, no gain
Aww, crap. Yeah, as an instructor, this makes it a little more difficult for me. I'll tell you what. I should have time during the weekend, but it may be better to cut out Bugs Bunny; it won't be as good of a show, and frankly, it's more difficult for me at the moment than FFIV.

I'm still interesting in helping out with chat and such if you need.
Bert = Too Stronk
alright, all things noted and added to my notes and the game doc. I'll keep all of this in mind once I work on the schedule
FFXIII and Mario Games, yup.
I just wanted to note since I mentioned earlier that I was hoping for better internet to stream in proper quality that that's happened (should be more than good for true 720p streaming)
in case you want New Super Mario Bros. U 100% in it. Also new estimate is 3:40:00 w/o setup, 3:50:00 w/ setup.
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
my school starts august 13th/14th
There is always a way.
If you're still open to bonus stream material I can probably run something. I'd need to know a few weeks in advance though, to make sure my schedule is free (and to practice).

I can do Mega Man Battle Network 6 Gregar (est. 3:00:00) or Rockman EXE WS (est. 30:00), both of which would have to be done on emulator. My PB for BN6 Gregar is 2:40:02 WR and for Rockman EXE WS its 17:49 WR (at time of this post). The Gregar run probably wont run over 2:50:00 even in worst case scenario but WS could cut it close if it goes really poorly.
Quick question: do we know how the stream is going to be laid out? For example, during my Jungle Beat run, would it be reasonable to add a controller cam? I think a Jungle Beat run, especially for a marathon run like this, would really benefit from having a controller cam, due to the nature of the game and control scheme.
Bert = Too Stronk
Ok time to answer some questions now that I have a spare moment

JayFermont: lets make that an incentive as I think it would be an interesting one also because this new time seems lower than your original time (4:00:00) did you want to change it or leave it (just wondering)

Method1cal I would like MMBN6 Gregar in for sure (I love the series but I had Falzer as my 6 version) I'm excited to see Erase Soul in action (I know without watching its probably used a lot)

SSBMaster yes you can do whatever you want when its your turn to stream.  and this applies to EVERYONE if you want face cam? Do it! Hand Cam? Go for it! its part of why I say do set up time so you can test and apply everything. that was a good question and i'll update the first post on it
There is always a way.
Actually, the only soul my current route uses is the required Heat Soul. >.<
Bert = Too Stronk
REALLY. That's impressive on its own and I forgot Heat Soul Existed because Erase is so cheap lol
There is always a way.
After using the Buster Pack, your Buster in Heat Cross is boosted to 130 damage per shot in a 3 panel spread. I'd love to use other cross's, but that'll have to wait until 100%. I'd explain more but this really isn't the place. Tongue

Oh, I PB'd yesterday too. New record is 2:37:46 down from 2:40:02. I'll leave my estimate at 3 hours though.
Bert = Too Stronk
That's plenty fine, I think 3 hours is a safe estimate. but yeah I'll be looking forward to Gregar for sure
Hey,
I'd like to increase the estimate for ViceCity by 10 minutes, just to be on the save side. Normally the run should not be longer than 1:50:00, but RNG can always screw me over (and the 2nd part of the game includes a lot of that).
Also I thought about another donation war where people can choose how Sonny will die. Cool methods I came up with so far: chainsaw, katana, revolver, shotgun, m4, m60, rocket launcher, car
I could basically use any weapon in the game but tried to choose some of the standard ones and some which could be fun. If you still think it's too many we can cross out some of those of course.
Bert = Too Stronk
Fatzke that is an amazing incentive and I personally hope Car wins. (Katana and Chainsaw are also sweet sounding) Grenade sounds interesting yet a bad idea lol. All changes have been made though