Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 13 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Ah, I see.  My bad.  Wait, so how does it get progressively more delayed then?
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-02-01 10:01:39 am
Not a walrus
It doesn't, I checked it with a -13.5 second audio delay and it looks good throughout from what I can tell, so I'm not sure where Ark is getting 30-40 from.
Ah, okay.
gamelogs.org
i probably just counted wrong.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Great choice of sync point on the door UA, thank you for that.
It ended up being 310 frames out of sync Sad . Thank you for helping me find my mistakes. This being my first time doing any video editing I'm surprised it wasn't worse Undecided . I learned I should choose more sync points rather than just the beginning and ending of timing since it's easy to misunderstand when players gain and lose control in some games. If anyone finds any more mistakes please let me know, but this should fix it.

Again, sorry for wasting Nate's time on the previous versions of both U2 and KH2.

Now it's time for me watch all the encoded videos I sync'd from start to end to make sure I didn't make other errors in judgment.
Attachment:
reencoding now.

btw the new kh2 is up.
Where do we get the Alternative Beast script?
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-02-03 02:08:41 am
Not a walrus
Uncharted is STILL off sync, you synced the door to the gun firing just before and not the actual "kick the door open" noise.

Edit: If there isn't a fixed script by tomorrow evening I'll just do it myself.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Would you mind doing it UA? I don't want to waste any more of Nate's time.  Apparently my ear to sync that door doesn't work since it sounds good to me with the script I gave.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Well I made another attempt at syncing it. I heard what you mean by shot versus and door kick. (Was off by ~ 90 frames)
Nate, I recommend you don't bother encoding this until UA signs off on the video being in sync.

I also recommend to mitigate wasting Nate's time in the future that if a run is found to be out of sync that the person that sync'd it and the person that found the error collaborate before any additional encoding is done. Or at least another layer of verification before encoding is added to the process.
Attachment:
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-02-03 04:01:41 pm
Not a walrus
Checking now...

Edit: Looks good. I double checked it with the reset at 1:46:41 (screen goes black and there's an audible beep from the PS3) and it's either right on, or very very close. Thanks for fixing it.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Thanks. That sound effect is more subtle than I had realized. I actually noticed a slight higher pitch sound immediately following the door in the game stream which I used to make sure I got the right one.
Thanks for verifying it.
new uncharted 2 is up.
Fucking Weeaboo
Awesome.  Any word on the Dr. Mario run?  That's the last one still missing from the page.
Not a walrus
It's in five pieces so it'll probably be a pain in the butt to sync up. If nate isn't working on it I can try to get it tomorrow.
i'm not working on it. five pieces? i thought it was just two. yikes.
What was wrong with Chrono Trigger?  It is sync in some places and not in others?
right. it drifts several times. i'm not sure what the cause is. however that is the run the power went out during ...
I'm going to be a broken record and ask: have you tried it with a converted MKV and dss2?
nope. i believe this was transcoded avi, same as the others i did.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-02-05 10:56:31 am
Ah okay.  If I find some time (and that's a big IF), I can try to do it, though for the intro, you just took one logo and added subtitles, right?  Basically I would also make the MP4, unless that isn't allowed.
yep. here is the process:

Code:
"P:\bat\x264.exe" --profile baseline --level 1.3 --pass 1 --bitrate 512 --stats "c:\%~nx1.stats" --thread-input --no-cabac --qpmin 17 --vbv-bufsize 768 --vbv-maxrate 768 --no-mixed-refs --output NUL "%1.avs"

"P:\bat\x264.exe" --profile baseline --level 1.3 --pass 2 --bitrate 512 --stats "c:\%~nx1.stats" --thread-input --no-cabac --ref 1 --qpmin 17 --vbv-bufsize 768 --vbv-maxrate 768 --me umh --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --weightp 2 --no-8x8dct --trellis 0 --no-mixed-refs --output "%1v.mp4" "%1.avs"

"P:\bat\bepipe.exe" --script "DirectShowSource(^%1_game.avs^)" | "P:\bat\neroaacenc.exe" -br 64000 -lc -if - -of "%1a.mp4"

"P:\bat\bepipe.exe" --script "DirectShowSource(^%1.avs^)" | "P:\bat\neroaacenc.exe" -br 64000 -lc -if - -of "%1a_commentary.mp4"

"P:\bat\MP4Box.exe" -new -add "%1v.mp4" -add "%1a_commentary.mp4" -add "%1a.mp4" -disable 3 "%1.mp4"

del %1v.mp4 %1a.mp4 %1a_commentary.mp4 "c:\%~nx1.stats" "c:\%~nx1.stats.mbtree"

here is the current chrono trigger .avs:

Code:
#LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files\anrichan\dgmpgdec149\DGDecode.dll")
#LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ac3source.dll")
#ac3source(MPEG2source("3-2.d2v",upconv=1),"3-2 T80 2_0ch 256Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3").delayaudio(0)

#separatefields
#nate_1_pixel_bob_fix
#lanczos4resize(320,240)
#changefps(59.94)
#trim(173012,0)
#game=last

game=avisource("e:\ct.avi").assumefps(29.97).delayaudio(0.3)#.trim(80406+184553,80406+184553+24447) #80416
commentary=avisource("G:\segmented\079_c.ctrigger.avi").trim(355,0)
stackhorizontal(game,commentary)
audiodub(commentary)
#audiodub(mergechannels(resampleaudio(game.converttomono, 48000), resampleaudio(commentary.converttomono, 48000)))
run=last

ImageSource("P:\bat\marathon2011statid\"+string(rand(max=5, seed=true)+1)+".png",end=4,fps=1)
Subtitle("'Essentia'",font="Verdana",size=18,text_color=$FFFFFF,align=2,y=190)
Subtitle("Chrono Trigger",font="Verdana",size=32,text_color=$FFFFFF,align=2,y=224)
Subtitle("Game audio on track 2",font="Verdana",size=14,text_color=$E1CE8B,align=2)
converttoyv12
changefps(run)
audiodub(wavsource("P:\bat\silence_stereo_48000.wav"))
ResampleAudio(run.audiorate)
statid=last

statid++run

changefps(last.framerate)

function nate_1_pixel_bob_fix(last) {
converttorgb32
clip1=SelectEven.Crop(0,0,0,last.height).AddBorders(0,0,0,0)
clip2=SelectOdd.Crop(0,0,0,last.height-1).AddBorders(0,1,0,0)
Interleave(clip1,clip2)
nate_strobe_fix
converttoyv12
}

function nate_strobe_fix(last) {
croppy=2
Crop(0,0,0,last.height-croppy).AddBorders(0,0,0,croppy)
Crop(0,croppy,0,0).AddBorders(0,croppy,0,0)
}
here are my versions of the toolchain members.

_game.avs is just that avs with the line "audiodub(commentary)" commented out.

don't forget the changefps(last.framerate) line to convert to 32-bit denominator framerate for compatibility with all players.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-02-05 01:33:48 pm
Aktan: 2011-02-05 01:33:22 pm
For frame rate, isn't it just 30000/1001?  I guess doing a VFR MP4 is also out of the question, lol.
the framerate doesn't matter as long as it's compatible.

about vfr, i actually don't know on the compatibility ...