--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-27 10:24:28 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-27 10:24:21 pm
As I said, some people are more sensitive.  Basically I believe you when you see no desync, but that doesn't mean other people won't see it.

I should note that I myself have not seen the files, so I can't comment if I see the desync or not.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-27 10:25:41 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-27 10:25:41 pm
Not a walrus
And you're just assuming I don't notice tiny desyncs? Sheesh. Tongue

I just tend to tolerate them if they're not that big. I still NOTICE them, though.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-27 10:27:32 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-27 10:27:18 pm
I've had some people who had not notice any desync when I clearly notice them.  I didn't mean to be offensive, if I seem that way.

Here, I'll download MMX to check on MPC-HC and VLC and MPlayer and report back.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-27 11:20:16 pm
Checking on MPC-HC and VLC on MMX, since they both have similar results, the commentary audio is in sync, while the game only audio is definitely slightly delayed. 
Edit history:
WingedKitsune: 2011-01-28 02:27:46 am
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I may have to check with MPC to see if it still desyncs there, but normally, they do.  And as for having to redownload some movies.  I don't mind that, since I have a good internet connection.

Redownloading a movie if it's been fixed is a small price to pay for perfect sync.

Edit:  Megaman 9 still desyncs even on MPC for me.  So I'm pretty sure the other Megaman runs will, too.

Even tiny desyncs annoy me, because I like perfection when it comes to a game's sounds and video.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-28 09:09:50 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-28 09:09:33 am
Not a walrus
Oh, wow, I'm an idiot and totally thought you were talking about the commentary.

I didn't even check the game-only because I never, ever listen to that. I'll take a look when I get home later.

Edit: Actually, I wasn't even able to get the game-only to play on MPC, so now I'm not sure which you're referring to.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-28 09:17:08 am
The game only audio is really there.  I don't know what to say. What do you use to demux MP4s in MPC?  The desync is more obvious when X gets hit, or when a boss charges his HP bar at the start of the battle.
Not a walrus
Nate said the track is marked as 'disabled' so certain setups won't be able to play it at all. I'll check it with VLC when I get home, though.
I never knew MP4 had that feature.  I knew MKV had that feature, but not MP4.  That's interesting.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-28 10:54:04 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-28 10:23:45 am
Not a walrus
Yeah, the game-only audio desyncs in VLC for MMX at least.

For MMX, Tools -> Track Synchronization -> Sync -> -0.300s seems to get it closer, at least.

Edit: This is something you can fix locally with Avidemux, you can change the A/V sync without reencoding, just make sure you set video/audio codec to "copy" after you change the audio delay. This will unfortunately mess up the sync on the commentary. There's probably another tool you can use to only tweak the game track, though.
Not all players honor the delay attribute on the MP4 container though.  Encoding to AAC already introduces a delay and usually I manually fix that delay via cutting out a little bit of sound.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Aktan:
The game only audio is really there.  I don't know what to say. What do you use to demux MP4s in MPC?  The desync is more obvious when X gets hit, or when a boss charges his HP bar at the start of the battle.

If you can't play the game only audio in MPC, then do the following: Go to Options, and then go to Internal Filters.  Check the MP4/MOV box.  Restart MPC.  You'll now get both audio options for MPC for our marathon videos.
Good info Sir VG, though I think you meant it towards UraniumAnchor.  Also, I would say leave it uncheck and let Haali Splitter demux MP4...
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-28 06:03:28 pm
Not a walrus
Well, I personally don't care as long as it works for other people. This is the first time I've run across that particular setup. Maybe some players had trouble NOT playing both tracks or something.
Not a walrus
Gonna sync RKA and EWJ unless somebody says we have mike89's race vid suddenly.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-29 12:50:52 pm
Not a walrus
Might not be perfect but it's pretty close. Harder to tell with race vids. Also seems to be an audio sync problem on the game side, but I can't tell if it's from directshowsource or something else.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Maybe some players had trouble NOT playing both tracks or something.

yes, this is why we disable the second audio track.

sorry to hear about the game audio desyncs. i guess none of us thought to check that since it seemed to be synced on most of them early on. i am aware that the chrono trigger commentary audio/game video sync is lackluster and moves around - it's too time-consuming for me to fix. this run seems to be different from all the rest in that it's not trivial to fix. other people are welcome to fix it though as long as the original files are up.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2011-01-31 12:35:15 am
Professional Second Banana
The Kingdom Hearts 2 video gets about 45 seconds out of synch between the game/commentary pretty soon in (earliest place I noticed was about 3 minutes in, when Axel started his New Game) - is that fixable or would it be too much work?
SS Any% FF2 GBA
How was it in the beginning? I may have screwed it up when I did the .avs for it Cry . I'll take another look at it and see what it looks like in my script.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
I see what you mean in the raw. It wasn't Nate's fault but mine. I sync'd it with the riku kill steal and the game voice of Sora saying "Aw, c'mon, Riku". That should fix it up. I'm sorry for that Sad
Attachment:
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-02-01 03:55:51 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-02-01 03:55:37 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-02-01 03:38:13 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-02-01 03:38:04 am
Not a walrus
Uncharted 2 is pretty badly synced too, I went looking for the OOB glitch and it starts on the game side way, way, before they talk about it on the commentary cam.

Edit: It's about 14 seconds out of sync. At about 1:16:39 in the current vid there's a part where a door gets audibly kicked open, that should be a pretty good sync point.
gamelogs.org
by the end it's about 30-40 seconds out of sync afaict.
Just curious, have you guys try syncing with MKV and dss2?
SS Any% FF2 GBA
I'll take another look at Uncharted 2 when I get home. I sync'd it to the start and the end of the run so I'm surprised it's like that. The end being when it fades to black just before the credits and when people clap on stream. I'll check it again.
Not a walrus
Quote from Aktan:
Just curious, have you guys try syncing with MKV and dss2?

That's not the issue, the game stream wasn't clipped at the proper time. As far as I can tell there's no drift, it just wasn't synced right in the first place.