--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-01-24 02:33:59 am
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I have Metal Gear Solid 2 DVD source ready for download.
marble madness is done.
Not a walrus
Ninja Gaiden (full fps from DVD source)
Attachment:
super mario galaxy 2 is done.
Not a walrus
Contra (full fps again)

The rest will come tomorrow I need to get back on a normal sleep schedule. Really.
Attachment:
ok, i just did super c, contra 3, metal storm, and blaster master for you. after you did the initial sync it was like taking candy from a baby.
Edit history:
nate: 2011-01-24 06:34:42 am
just did metal gear solid 2.

just as a heads up, i'm going to be in orlando from wednesday until saturday, and the machine i'm using to encode the final videos isn't portable, so anything i haven't finished and uploaded by wednesday will have to wait until saturday at the earliest.
50 minute into watching my Resident Evil 4 avs....  See someone already posted one....

...but...  ...I spent all night downloading the files... 

RAGE
it's probably inevitable the way we are doing this. thanks for your help anyway.
just did super monkey ball, mario kart 64, mario 64 1-star, and banjo-kazooie.
Edit history:
DeliciousPi: 2011-01-24 12:22:15 pm
Quote from Samthe3rd:
50 minute into watching my Resident Evil 4 avs....  See someone already posted one....

...but...  ...I spent all night downloading the files... 

RAGE

Sorry about that, hadn't seen anyone post about doing it.

Here's Blast Corps and Katamari. Going to do re5, moonwalker, altered beast, and sonic 2.
Quote from DeliciousPi:
Sorry about that, hadn't seen anyone post about doing it.

Here's Blast Corps and Katamari. Going to do re5, moonwalker, altered beast, and sonic 2.

That's ok, I still managed to see the glorious RAGE ending.
just finished the remaining zeldas.
Edit history:
nate: 2011-01-24 05:20:56 pm
... and chrono trigger and ff4 are done.

big thanks to aktan for pointing out which value to change in the f4vs to trick adobe's tool into remuxing them to mp4.
so it worked fine? =)
yep ... wonder why they put that error in there.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-24 05:29:26 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-24 05:28:55 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-24 05:28:09 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-24 05:26:35 pm
Well because there is more video header there.  Normally, video samples are linked to which video header.  Lucky when the tool converts to MP4, it just merge the headers.  I should note that it was not multiple formats.  All the data was still H.264 at the same resolution.  Also, using the split option from the tool would throw an error because there are more splits than the 10 (0x0A) that the file was modified to.  It is a known bug as you know but it should be real easy to fix.  The MP4 specs doesn't say there is a limit on it either, so I don't know what Adobe was thinking.  A related error and fix to that related error was posted on the forums here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592083.  It's from here I found out that the tool supports up to 10 headers.
very good info. thanks again for your help with this. hopefully next year we won't be stuck with this format.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-24 05:36:48 pm
For next year, I would suggest an easier to use format.  Since you had a 2 TB drive just for it, I would say you could probably use a lossless video codec.

Oh, I'm curious, did you convert it to MKV after and use dss2, or did you do something else?
yep ... that was the plan. too bad i didn't have enough capture devices with drivers that allowed me to capture in vdub. also there was the whole "lol my nice laptop is incompatible streaming h.264 via fme to ustream broadcaster" thing that pushed everything back one machine (the machine i was going to use as the lossless recorder ended up the commentary stream broadcaster).

all i did was demux the audio and then open a dummy .avs with ffvideosource() on the mp4 and remux the video (to lossless) and audio (stream copy from the file). then that became the new master.
Ah, I see.  As far as I can tell, the F4V files were slightly VFR, but in general around NTSC (30000/1001) frame rate.  FFVideoSource doesn't deal with VFR too well (IMO), but I guess it's close enough since it is mostly NTSC frame rate.
i was able to manually correct the frame rate to get the audio in sync. i have no idea why it was using vfr but it just got in the way here. i never saw a file that had desync i couldn't fix by adjusting the framerate.
That's interesting =)
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-24 05:51:45 pm
Not a walrus
So how many capture cards COULD you jam into a desktop?

Also, I bought an amplifier for my own use that I could bring next year. I think that brings us to at least three?
With USB... as many USB ports you have!  USB 3.0 is pretty much out too...