Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 11 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
isn't there a size limit on that too though?
I think the limit originally was 10 GB, then now 8 GB, but that's related to file size limit on archive, not the browser upload size limit.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Here is Devil May Cry.
I just had to keep Flicky singing "Good Morning" as he entered at the end of run rather than cutting it off earlier Grin
I'm going to vote to put that into the Highlight Reel haha!
Attachment:
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Kingdom Hearts 2
Attachment:
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Uncharted 2
Attachment:
Edit history:
WingedKitsune: 2011-01-27 03:38:46 am
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm noticing a lot of desyncs even on the posted videos.  Like Chrono Trigger for instance.

To most people, that's probably not a big deal, but for me, it is.  I can't stand desyncs when I'm trying to enjoy a Speed Run.

Now I'm sitting here wondering if I'm going to have to delete them all after I've downloaded so many of the runs from the Marathon.

Now, the desyncs are barely noticable at first, on the shorter runs, they aren't there, but on the longer runs, like the SNES ones, they start out fine, and then they just start going out of sync at random points.

Probably doesn't do any good to bring this up, just thought you guys should know.
If you would be so kind to say what runs you are noticing the desync from (not only one, when you say 'there are a lot of them'). So it would be easier to check if you're correct or if you're pc/software is screwing up. I hope the latter :P.

I've watched Zelda: OoT and that one seemed fine.

I can check Chrono when I'm back home, but that takes atleast 5 hours or so. If no one has checked by then I probably will.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-27 05:16:18 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-27 05:05:06 am
Not a walrus
I think whoever synced RE4 cut out Notch's donation. Boo.

Edit: Yup, it definitely got cut out. Need to redo RE4 because cutting that out is just not kosher. Tongue

Chrono Trigger is about a second behind after six hours, but that's not really worth worrying about if you ask me.
One second behind would be annoying to me actually, but I can't complain about something for free.
Edit history:
DeliciousPi: 2011-01-27 07:16:10 am
DeliciousPi: 2011-01-27 07:15:50 am
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I think whoever synced RE4 cut out Notch's donation. Boo.

Edit: Yup, it definitely got cut out. Need to redo RE4 because cutting that out is just not kosher. Tongue

Was it before or after the run? I didn't cut much off the start, but the aftermath of Carc's disk breaking drags on for a long time, I tried to end it around where it loses steam.
Thanks for finishing the last few Eisen, I ran into some issues downloading kh. That's everything that can be done from the segmented list, right?
Not a walrus
It's like 5-6 minutes after the end of RE4, while MAtrix is setting up Thexder. It belongs in the RE4 video though since that was what prompted it if you look at the chat logs.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
No problem. All that remains is Dr. Mario, Rocketman, and Earthworm Jim and I can't do those since Dr. Mario is in a few videos and I don't know how to append (I'm a video editing n00b) and EJ was incomplete (only one stream). Rocketman I think is still trying to figure out some stuff with Mike89s stream. So that's all I could get done at this point.
Exoray
Quote from Kitsune:
I'm noticing a lot of desyncs even on the posted videos.  Like Chrono Trigger for instance.
To most people, that's probably not a big deal, but for me, it is.  I can't stand desyncs when I'm trying to enjoy a Speed Run.
Now I'm sitting here wondering if I'm going to have to delete them all after I've downloaded so many of the runs from the Marathon.
Now, the desyncs are barely noticable at first, on the shorter runs, they aren't there, but on the longer runs, like the SNES ones, they start out fine, and then they just start going out of sync at random points.
Probably doesn't do any good to bring this up, just thought you guys should know.

If you use SMPlayer to play the videos, you have the option to manually offset the audio. Once you hit a spot where you feel there's too much desync, just offset it a couple of steps and you'll be able to enjoy it once more.
Not a walrus
If EWJ is "missing" I can go mess with the f4v raws and see what I can get out of it, but not until Saturday most likely.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from moooh:
If you use SMPlayer to play the videos, you have the option to manually offset the audio. Once you hit a spot where you feel there's too much desync, just offset it a couple of steps and you'll be able to enjoy it once more.

I'm afraid SMPlayer doesn't work too well for me.  No version I've downloaded has ever met with my approval as of late since one I used a couple years ago.  I'm really forced to use VLC Player lately.
Edit history:
WingedKitsune: 2011-01-27 12:10:05 pm
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from ZaibirQuild:
If you would be so kind to say what runs you are noticing the desync from (not only one, when you say 'there are a lot of them'). So it would be easier to check if you're correct or if you're pc/software is screwing up. I hope the latter :P.

I've watched Zelda: OoT and that one seemed fine.

I can check Chrono when I'm back home, but that takes atleast 5 hours or so. If no one has checked by then I probably will.

So far, I've noticed Desyncs on Chrono Trigger and Super Castlevania 4.  I'll keep you guys updated later when I've had a chance to watch more of the runs.  I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but it is to me. :3
Edit history:
WingedKitsune: 2011-01-27 03:13:37 pm
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Found two more so far.  Megaman X and X2.  I really knew about those two yesterday but forgot until now.

Edit: I'll be making a list from here on.  Just so I don't flood the page.  Oh, and Megaman 9 seems to desync right off the bat.
#speedrunslive to race games!!!
not sure if its been said before, but i noticed a small desync on pokemon yellow about 1:40 into the run (probably a second or less). it wasnt bad but figured i could mention it.
Edit history:
Jimmers: 2011-01-27 03:32:46 pm
Kitsune, VLC also has an audio offset feature similar to what moooh mentioned for SMPlayer. Go to tools => track synchronisation.
(I realise this isn't solving the problem per se, but it would save you from having to re-download runs).
Not a walrus
MM9, X, and X2 all stay synced from beginning to end when I play them back in MPC, so I dunno what to tell you.

The only ones I've noticed with a problem are the longer runs (2+ hours) that are synced at the start and drift a second or so by the end. Considering CT is 6 hours long, a second of desync isn't that big of a deal if you ask me.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Well, so far here are the runs that desync for me.  All of the Megaman runs, Chrono Trigger, and Castlevania 4.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Considering CT is 6 hours long, a second of desync isn't that big of a deal if you ask me.

Maybe not to you, but even just half a second of desync is a big deal to me.  And it doesn't seem to matter what media player I use.  The sync features don't work.

Thus far, VLC has been the best player for my computer.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-27 10:14:05 pm
I reason why it would desync on VLC but not MPC, is because for MP4, MPC ignores the offsets (more like haali splitter), while VLC honor them.  Basically, the MP4 may have been created wrong.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-27 10:21:12 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-27 10:20:59 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-27 10:20:21 pm
Not a walrus
If they're not playing correctly for you on any media player then I really don't know what to tell you, because I just played MMX and MMX2 with VLC as a sanity check and it's synced from beginning to end.
It is true some people may be more sensitive to desyncs than others, though.  I myself have noticed the even slightest desync, but I usually aim for perfection.
Not a walrus
When I say 'in sync' I mean 'I cannot see a desync at all'.

Not even meaning 'oh it's a little desync no big deal' like with the longer runs with drift.