Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Not a walrus
Actual cards would be better than USB, I think.

I'm just making an assumption there, I could be wrong.
i've never used usb 3.0 before. if we only need four cards per machine then we should be fine.

this year i had my tbc which doubles as a powered splitter and three others, all of which were in use during the oot race.
Not a walrus
Also, I'm bringing my GC/SNES svideo cable next year, I was a little surprised at just how much composite we ended up using.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-24 05:54:45 pm
Any plans to use a HDMI capture card? XD  And yes, they do exist.
i tried during the initial setup to use more s-video but i ended up tearing most of it out before the marathon actually started due to our friendly usb capture devices ... i *believe* it only matters for the final stage going in to the capture device because it's the bad luma/chroma separation hardware you're avoiding by using s-video but i could be wrong on that.

i have a blackmagic intensity which i like quite a bit. it's conceivable to switch back and forth between analog and digital by dedicating different hardware and then streaming from webcam max. if i do end up going the pc route i'll definitely try to do that because the games that wanted to be hd this year were really sad.
wow, that blackmagic intensity must have been expensive.  Nice!
actually it was only $200. very good deal except for the lack of 480p.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-24 06:06:56 pm
Only, you say, it's like adding another decent video card.  I guess either you're rich, or I'm really broke.  At least it has component in to bypass HDMI copy protection crap.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-24 06:27:27 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-24 06:25:32 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-24 06:19:17 pm
Not a walrus
My amplifier can put out s-video no matter what the input is (it won't make composite input look any better but it makes the setup easier), and I'm pretty sure it's the same model as at least one of our other amplifiers, so it wouldn't require anything other than swapping cables on the initial input. Were you having issues because you had to keep swapping the capture input? I have some s-video cables I can bring next time too if we're somehow short on those.

Also by the next marathon I plan on having one of those HD-PVRs so I can capture 480p if nothing else, so that should also be available. (realtime h264/aac compression over usb!)
Here's Moonwalker, Altered Beast, and Sonic 2.

By the way, Dr. Mario is broken up into a few pieces, similar to MGS2.
After re5 tomorrow, I'll get started on kh2.
thanks. inverted the list in the first post. we're almost there now.
Not a walrus
I'll get NIDL when I wake up since I have the fixed version of the game stream.
Edit history:
nate: 2011-01-25 03:38:37 am
i came very close to getting it before i went to bed a few hours ago but the audio is stretched on the game stream so you'll probably need to use TimeStretch() or whatever it is. here's my progress if it's useful to you at all (attachment).

edit: ooh ... try AssumeFPS(whatever, sync_audio=true). didn't find out about that until just now. you should be able to get the two synced by adjusting the framerate of one with that.
Attachment:
Resident Evil 5.
Attachment:
Not a walrus
The FFIV link has an extra .mp4 on the end of it. The file's there if you get rid of that, though.
Not a walrus
Whoops, I thought I downloaded the NIDL commentary video but apparently not. I'll have to work on it later once it's done downloading.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-25 09:01:23 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-01-25 09:00:36 pm
Not a walrus
Gaaaah everybody's so chatty during this it's hard to tell if I'm getting it right.

edit:
Code:
game=avisource("e:/sda/marathon2011/g.38.fix.avi").trim(35,0)
cmm=avisource("e:/sda/marathon2011/073_c.kirbynightmare.avi").changefps(game.framerate).trim(19836+161+25,0)
stackhorizontal(game,cmm)
audiodub(cmm)
#audiodub(mergechannels(game.GetRightChannel.resampleaudio(48000), cmm.GetLeftChannel.resampleaudio(48000)))

This seems mostly correct but it's hard to tell. I didn't notice any gradual desync myself. Hopefully it helps.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-01-25 11:07:21 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
FYI, the new FF IV video download link only gives you a 4.24KB file.

Edit: Figured it out - there's a double extension on the link.
I tried deleting that extension off the file name and it still gave me the 4.24 KB file.
Not a walrus
http://www.archive.org/download/AwesomeGamesDoneQuick/AwesomeGamesDoneQuick_part99_FinalFantasyIV.mp4

Try that.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-01-25 11:10:38 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
You can't just delete the extension.  You have to download from a link without the 2nd extension in the first place.  Like this

DAMMIT SNIPED.  But the corrected link works; downloading now.
Gotcha. Please excuse my technical ignorance.
Fucking Weeaboo
No problem; you're excused.  Glad we could help. Smiley
Edit history:
nate: 2011-01-26 02:59:12 am
lol, i uploaded chrono trigger but then the vm's windows install automatically rebooted after an update. didn't realize i didn't have that turned off in there. for those who don't know, archive forces you to use their ghetto little flash uploader after you create an item and want to add more stuff to it, and then you have to hit "update item" to confirm that you really wanted to upload those files, so now i have to send it up again. maybe i can just drive in to campus and do it since my flight leaves in about 12 hours. i need to send up re 5 and nidl too.

edit: the only reason i'm using windows in the first place is because the current mac version of flash apparently doesn't support > 2 gig file uploads ...
There is the JS uploader if you want to avoid Flash.  I think it says it somewhere on the page.