page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Not a walrus
Castle Crashers

Somebody else already said they were doing Final Fight so I'll leave that one alone.
Attachment:
yep final fight's been done. i've been updating the first post with what's done pretty diligently. new stuff should go up in a few hours.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-25 01:39:17 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-25 01:36:45 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 10:44:30 am
Converting FLV files to MKV:

1.  Download FLV Extract from here: http://moitah.net/#FLVExtract
2.  Start the program and drag the FLV to the opened window (All three options of video, audio, timestamp should be checked).
3.  Get MKVToolnix from here and install it: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
4.  Get my audio timecode extractor here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3yu85xl387x3438
5.  Put the audio timecode extractor and the FLV in the same directory and type the following command in command prompt:

Code:
FLVAudioTimecodes.bat -i <in>.flv -o <out audio timecodes>.txt

6.  Start mkvmerge GUI and add the AVI and MP3 extracted from FLV Extract.
7.  Click on the video stream in the middle area, and at the bottom, select the timecode file created by FLV Extract.
8.  Do the same for the audio stream except this time select the timecode file created by the audio timecode extractor.
9.  Select an output file and click "Start muxing" at the bottom

Known problem and solution:

If the resulting MKV seems to lack the video, mkvmerge GUI probably failed to read the AVI properly.  A workaround is use FFmpeg to convert the AVI to something mkvmerge GUI can read.  I used the following command with FFMPEG usually:

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -i <the AVI from FLV Extract> -f matroska -vcodec copy <out file>.mkv

Then instead of adding the AVI for video in mkvmerge GUI, add the MKV created with FFmpeg.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-01-23 08:48:25 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 08:47:31 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 04:58:26 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 03:06:44 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 03:04:48 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 11:24:55 am
Aktan: 2011-01-23 11:24:17 am
Converting F4V files to MKV:

1.  Download Adobe F4V Post Processor from here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/tool_downloads/
2.  Place the Adobe F4V Post Processor executable in the same directory as the F4V, and type the following command in command prompt:

Code:
f4vpp.exe -i <F4V file> -o <output filename>.mp4

3.  Download MP4Box from here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mp4box
4.  Place MP4Box executable in the same directory as the outputted MP4 made in step 2, and type the following commands in command prompt:

Code:
MP4Box -nhml 1 <output filename>.mp4
MP4Box -nhml 2 <output filename>.mp4

5.  The two files you are looking for are the files created in step 4 and has an extension of .nhml

Example:
Code:
out_track1.nhml
out_track2.nhml

6.  These files will show the audio delay.  Track 1 is the video, and track 2 is the audio.  Both are XML files and can be opened in a text editor.  Open both in a text editor.
7.  In track 1, look for the first NHNTSample (should be the 3rd line) and see what the CTSOffset value is.  Note this value down.

Example:
Code:
<NHNTSample DTS="0" dataLength="6924" CTSOffset="219" isRAP="yes" />

The value to note down is 219

8.  Next, look for the same thing in track 2, or lack of.  If there is no CTSOffset, the value is 0.

Example:
Code:
<NHNTSample DTS="0" dataLength="313" isRAP="yes" />

There is no CTSOffset, so the value is 0

9.  Take the value found in step 8 and subtract that from the value found in step 7, this will be the audio delay in ms.

Example:
Code:
0 (from example in step 8) - 219 (from example in step 7) = -219 (ms)

10.  Open mkvmerge GUI (how to obtain this was explained in the post above).
11.  Add the MP4 file created in step 2.
12.  In the middle area, select the audio track.
13.  In the bottom area, go to the "Format specific options" tab.
14.  Set the "Delay (in ms)" to the value you found in step 9.
15.  Select an output file and click "Start muxing" at the bottom.

Known problem and solution:

If Adobe F4V Post Processor throws a "-203 No Space left in the stsd box" error, do the following to fix the file:

1.  Copy the file into a new file so the original stays untouched.
2.  Download a hex editor like HxD http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
3.  Open the copied F4V file in the hex editor.
4.  Search for the first instance of "stsd" (lowercase).
5.  The 5th through 8th byte after stsd is what you are looking for.

Example:
Code:
  s  t  s  d  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .
  73 74 73 64 00 00 00 00 [00 00 00 0C]

Look at the bracket area

6.  Change the contents in the bracket to this:

Code:
00 00 00 0A

7.  Save.
8.  Now use the modified F4V instead for step 2 in the original instructions.
Edit history:
Aktan: 2011-02-22 04:32:19 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 04:50:48 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 04:50:07 pm
Aktan: 2011-01-23 04:49:41 pm
Loading MKV files in Avisynth:

1.  Download and install Haali Media Splitter: http://haali.su/mkv/
2.  Download and install ffdshow: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ffdshow.htm
3.  Set ffdshow to decode H.264 (usually set by default).
4.  The installation directory of Haali Media Splitter has a file named avss.dll.  Copy that file and place it in the same directory as the avs you are about to create.
5.  Create an avs using the following example:

Code:
LoadPlugin("avss.dll")
V = dss2("<filename>.mkv")
#TODO Add audio
A = 
AudioDub(V, A)

TODO:  Explain how to add audio and sync it up.
For step 16, you mean take step 15's CTSOffset minus step 14's CTSOffset, right?
Resident Evil 3
Attachment:
Quote from DeliciousPi:
For step 16, you mean take step 15's CTSOffset minus step 14's CTSOffset, right?

Yep, thanks for catching that error.  Are you trying it out?
Not now, just reading through the instructions.
Ghosts 'n Goblins, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.
Downloading tetris, re4, and tony hawk.
Tetris Attack is up for grabs.
Howdy!
Trying to download a bunch of these now, it's taking forever (~2-5hrs?), but they're connecting, at least.

Also, I find it really funny how Nate's avatar changes every post... That's pretty cool.
gamelogs.org
you can do it too by adding more avatars to your gallery then checking "random avatar from gallery".
nate's avatar isn't random though, it always reflects the tone of his post.

Tetris Attack, Tony Hawk 1 and 2.
here is the first half of the missing footage from mike's dvd recorder. i (or someone else) may still patch the later game stream f4vs using aktan's method to recover the second half of the missing footage unless trihex comes through before then.
Attachment:
Not a walrus
I'll get the cuts for these since my runs are involved. Wink
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the streets of rage commentary video?  I don't know if this has been brought up or if this is the right place to report it, but none of my video players can get it to work (VLC can, but the video is slower than the audio)
Not a walrus
Worked fine for me so I dunno.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-01-23 10:11:15 pm
mikwuyma: 2011-01-23 10:08:52 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
It turns out I missed the Metal Gear Solid games on that list, so I'm getting on that right now. I also know that LoZ is on my computer, but I'm not 100% sure about the other Zelda games. I'll be sure to post torrents as soon as the VOB files are ready.

EDIT: Everything past the LoZ games on Nate's list is on Tri-Hex's recorder. I don't know if Tri-Hex is going to post torrents or just mail the DVDs to Nate (his upload isn't too fast, AFAIK).
you only need to get mgs2 - we've already done twin snakes somehow.
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the streets of rage commentary video?  I don't know if this has been brought up or if this is the right place to report it, but none of my video players can get it to work (VLC can, but the video is slower than the audio)

are you talking about the raw videos? if so then the final video for sor2 has already been done so there's no need to watch that. i'm going to post a bunch of new stuff in a few minutes.
Edit history:
DeliciousPi: 2011-01-24 12:10:56 am
Resident Evil 4 and Trials HD.

thps.avi has both thps 1 and 2, thps2.avi is trials hd in the segmented list.
Not a walrus
Quick question to nate. For the DVD sources do you want me to do proper deinterlacing or just drop the field to keep it at 29.97?
very good question. i was about to start working on the dvd sources myself. let's go ahead and pretend what's on the left side of the final video is an mq encode. so whatever the framerate is for that game at mq.
Not a walrus
Well all of these are NES so I'll do deinterlacing.

That's going to make it harder to do highlights but I think I can deal. Wink