--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Food goes in here
Quote:
I find it amusing that he is using the lens of truth

Maybe that is for the viewer's benefit.:p
How the heck are you able to memorize every single thing in the Deku tree? The bosses I can understand, but dude what the hell Lips Sealed And not a single mistake through out the whole tempel.
It's-a me, Stalin!
I don't think it's by memory, but it's by sound.
Edit history:
Hachi: 2007-09-07 09:28:42 pm
Then tell me: How can you hear where to lit a pedistal with fire? How can you hear where a builder you need to push is located? How can you hear where to shot with the slingshot at an eye to open up a certain door? How can you hear where a chest is located? As you can see the list can be long.

Edit: Of course it's by surrounding sounds as well, but there's a lot to memorize, you cant just close your eyes and complete the deku tree just like that.
OoT Rocks!
Hey guys, Sorry I haven't been around much, I haven't been checking this thread because I thought it was dead. Quite a few posts have come up, so I have a lot to say, as well as a burning question I want to ask.

I'll address the deku tree thing---it's partial memory, partially sound, as well, quite a bit of TASing. This does not mean that I couldn't do this on an n64. I've tried a few times, but got no further than the room with water and that moving spike log thing. This is the only video I've had to use savestates on, though naturally they would be needed for something as complex as this. Still, without having lots of it memorised, and without sound, this would be impossible no matter how many savestates were used. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned before, though I could be wrong, and if it was it was a long time ago.

As for why I used the lense of truth, check out the comments on that video.

About the Twilit Bloat---Last twilight bug, I ended up beating that but my save file became corrupt. Oddly enough I did not lose my Blizzeta or king Bulblin. My mother and grandmother have both learned the way to Blizzeta. I was able to reach the twilight bug myself. King bulblin is very hard to get to and I only know one person who was willing to get me to him (who I won't see again for a while).

As for mario, I've never played that game. When I was 8 or 9, I tried mario cart, but obviously got nowhere. I also tried mario golf, but naturally got the same result.
I believe I've also tried a RE game (for n64, I think) but I was in grade 3 and far too young to understand it at all, so I didn't do anything in that game.

I'd also like to ask one off-topic question: Do you think there are any bosses that I could beat in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon?
I'd be interested in Camilla, but short of that, any other boss.
I tried using Cardboard's TAS to get me to Cerberus, but couldn't beat him, because 1) I'm noob and 2) it's probably done at a very low level. I don't get frustrated by dying in that game, because I just love the game-over music, more than any other game over song I've ever heard.
I haven't tried Camilla since I'd imagine he's at too low of a level to beat her normally.
I don't know how to use DSS, which probably hurts me as well, though I know how to whip.

Thanks,

Jordan.
I speak to Cardboard on an everyday basis.  Unfortunately, he's too lazy to guest post, or register and post here.  I have taken a transcript of some advice Cardboard has given you, Jordan.  (Note, I am not familiar with the game at all).

<Cardboard> How to use the DSS-glitch: After pressing L to trigger the DSS, enter the pause menu after hearing the trigger-sound, sounds like... "Scheeemp", then press A after a few seconds to enter the Card-menu, wait a few seconds, press left once, then down, then left again to switch to the cards used for the skeleton transformation. Then press B to exit the card menu, and then start to return to the game. In about 2 - 3 seconds after exit
OoT Rocks!
Hey, Can you please ask cardboard the following:
"Can you please try and tutch base with me? I was wondering if you'd be willing to make .vbm files of a playthrough of this game, segmented, glitch-free and getting Nathan up to an exceptionally high level (if at all possible) for all bosses?"

Thanks.
The BaldurManiac
Quote:
I'd also like to ask one off-topic question: Do you think there are any bosses that I could beat in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon?
I'd be interested in Camilla, but short of that, any other boss.
I tried using Cardboard's TAS to get me to Cerberus, but couldn't beat him, because 1) I'm noob and 2) it's probably done at a very low level. I don't get frustrated by dying in that game, because I just love the game-over music, more than any other game over song I've ever heard.
I haven't tried Camilla since I'd imagine he's at too low of a level to beat her normally.
I don't know how to use DSS, which probably hurts me as well, though I know how to whip.

Thanks,

Jordan.

Ouch.. I had a hard time finishing this game myself and I have 2 good eyeballs to guide me. Well it's probable that I just sucked or maybe I just don't like to level up or get upgrades... at all.

How can you play sidescrollers? I understand OOT because you can get the sound and all that but I have no idea how you could play a sidescroller as complicated (when you are blind) as castlevania.
OoT Rocks!
Ibattled camilla for a good long time (low level). I can dodge her attacks eternally, but I can't kill her.
Directional sound is not an option. Timing and pattern memorisation is the only hope.
The BaldurManiac
Quote:
Ibattled camilla for a good long time (low level). I can dodge her attacks eternally, but I can't kill her.
Directional sound is not an option. Timing and pattern memorisation is the only hope.

Well it takes alot of shots to kill the bosses it's insane.
OoT Rocks!
I think my problem with the boss is that 1) I don't have access to a sub-weppon like crosses or holy water, 2) I am at a very low level (probably no more than 10 or 15) Can you even hurt later bosses like that?
3) I don't know, if my whip spinning move is even causing her damage. an entire hour seems like a long time to be fighting a boss that won't die.
OoT Rocks!
Is there anyone here who'd be willing to help with this game?