Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Existence as you know it is over
You're probably recording uncompressed, which takes up a lot of memory. Set the video codec to xvid, which you can download and install from here.

If that doesn't work, you can try capturing with fraps.
the youtube account would be really cool. i'd subscribe Smiley
OoT Rocks!
OK... I got XVID installed but here's my problem. It's recording nicely but my game is running so slowly that it is taking over 1.5 mins to cover 20 seconds of video. have I got screwed up settings or something?
and what's Fraps?
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-03 04:26:44 am
It should make Mupen run really slow and laggy, or at least that's what happened to me when I made a video of mario 64. The resulting video plays back fine, though.

Fraps is a screen recording program, can get it from here or torrents.
OoT Rocks!
is fraps free?
as for mupen being slow and laggy, how long to you think it will take for it to record my deku tree?
I don't feal like leaving it on over night if that's what it would take...
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-03 04:48:55 am
Fraps isn't free, unless you can get it from torrents (hehe). If you want to get it free from torrents, remember never to install the trial version, as it will keep a registry that prevents the full version from working.

From my experience every minute of an .m64 takes about 3-4 minutes to capture (using Mupen's avi capture function), so the whole deku tree shouldn't take more than 34 minutes.
OoT Rocks!
OK I recorded the entire thing, then stopped capturing and closed mupen but the video won't play in winamp. What's wrong?
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-03 06:11:33 am
I don't know about winamp, i use windows media player and it works fine ... although it should play back since you already installed xvid.

Edit: try VLC media player. It plays everything.
OoT Rocks!
I figured it out. I just didn't wate long enough after clicking "Stop avi capture". I closed mupen right away and got a corrupted file as a punneshment. Anyways, I re-recorded it and the time is 8:24. I'll try to get on youtube to uplode it.

OoT Rocks!
Hey, if anyone is reading this, can you please help me set up my youtube account?
I can't get it because the image varification thing is not jaws accessible. I was just wondering if you could create a youtube account for me(for user name, try to get "trajectory" if you can, otherwise just put in my name). please just put a simple password in and let me know what it is and I can change it later.
Thanks
Edit history:
LinkYyay: 2007-03-03 02:26:30 pm
Ill make a account! Want it to be a director or not?
And also, tell me the country and that.

Or you could have a people by your side who tells what it is.
8((.)7(.))3
I tried the deku tree without waching (After refreshing my memmory with one mormal play of the dungeon) and it is hard. In the room with the swith that lowers the water there is no way of knowing when I'm close to the switch.

I'm probably goanna record the next attempt, just to show how hard it is. (But mostly just for fun.)
OoT Rocks!
Quote:
I tried the deku tree without waching (After refreshing my memmory with one mormal play of the dungeon) and it is hard. In the room with the swith that lowers the water there is no way of knowing when I'm close to the switch.

I'm probably goanna record the next attempt, just to show how hard it is. (But mostly just for fun.)

but you were able to get all the way to that room without seeing?
you got the slingshot, destroyed the web, burned the web blocking the door and shot the eye switch? I'm willing to bet that took close to 1 hour, as it did me.

I can't find the switch to lower the water either, so I did that room a different way.
as for another earlier post, what is director? and I couldn't find anyone here to help me. as well, just put something ridiculous in for country(I'm in canada, though for privacy reasons I don't want to put that in because I'm not willing to input my postal code).
Now that I've got a run-through of deku tree, what I want to do next is to beat it and get the cumpus, map as well as the 3 skulltulas in the tree. then I'll look for another dungeon to try.
which one do you guys recommend next.
8((.)7(.))3
At the start I start off at the entrance while facing the climbable wall at the other side, I lost my sence of place after I hit the swith.
Here is a link to the video:

(I hope it works with the speak program)
OoT Rocks!
Quote:
At the start I start off at the entrance while facing the climbable wall at the other side, I lost my sence of place after I hit the swith.
Here is a link to the video:

(I hope it works with the speak program)

OH, It's that switch. I thought you ment the one in the spiked log room. That's where an emu comes in handy---the puzzle with the shallow and deap water won't just come to you, you need to be able to have a fiew retries. I've never tried deku tree on a real console though I'll try it tonight. why don't you do that room while seeing and then try the rest of the dungeon blindfolded, maybe it's just that room that's gonna get you stuck.

Edit history:
Jordan: 2007-03-03 11:43:00 pm
OoT Rocks!
Here it is,

However, It's taking it's sweet time to process.

a complete play-through of the deku tree done by a completely blind person. yes, a lot of re-records, but what the heck, it's someone who can't see a thing actually beating this entire dungeon. I'll uplode bossfights soon, some will probably make their way onto youtube tonight or tomorrow.
OoT Rocks!
does youtube normally take this long to process? it's Does youtube normally take this long to process? seems ridiculous, it's been over 5 hours.been unavailable for over 5 hours now.
Quote:
does youtube normally take this long to process? it's Does youtube normally take this long to process? seems ridiculous, it's been over 5 hours.been unavailable for over 5 hours now.

Normally, no, but it has happened before.  Once, I had to wait 22 hours for a 4 minute video.
OoT Rocks!
once you have uploded it, what does it have to do before it's ready to be watched by the public?
It has to be converted to youtube's flash format.
OoT Rocks!
but how can that take more than about 20 minutes?
Yautja, if you see this, what did you have to do to fix your youtube problems that time when your segments wouldn't work?

Try to upload the video again, sometimes that works. Another solution would be to upload it somewhere else.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
so how the hell can a blind man read what were sayin to him
Quote:
coolcwer, here's how I have been posting on this site:
If you've been reading this whole thread, you would have seen a detailed explanation from me of Jaws(Job access with speach) for windows, and how it works. jaws has many built-in commands that make IE(Internet explorer) very easy to use. as you press the aro keys, jaws reads text. if you hit down aro, jaws moves down 1 line and reads that line. up does the opposit. tapping the left/right aro keys moves it in either direction and reads a letter. there are many other commands(to make it read whole words, spell them out etc) but if I got into all of that this would be an accessively long post. anyways, to directly answer your question. after reading your post, I emediatly hit control+f7(only works if jaws is on) to bring up a "links list" window. in any list view stile window, pressing the aro keys moves the curcer in the coresponding direction and reads the item it is currently pointing to in the list. also, pressing a particular letter moves the curcer to the first item in the list starting with that letter. pressing the same letter again will move it to the next one. so I hit r to be taken to the Reply link, and then hit the enter key. I then use verious jaws commands to get to the edit box where you type your message. Once done, I can use jaws reading commands to proofread and edit what I've said, and finally do another control-f7 to make the links list window come up again. pressing p moves me directly to the post button, where I can smack the enter key one last time to post my message. I know that for a sighted person, this all probably sounds like a different language(I don't know 1 fully sighted person that really knows jaws inside and out, accept for our school's system administrators, who still do the odd senceless thing when it comes to jaws, making it not work). I'm sorry for getting so long-winded, but I hope i've  answered your questions. if anything is still unclear, please don't be shy to ask for clarification.
Edit history:
YautjaElder: 2007-03-04 08:02:11 pm
Speed is the key.
Quote:
Yautja, if you see this, what did you have to do to fix your youtube problems that time when your segments wouldn't work?

I went into the options for each video and disabled embedding. I'm pretty sure that you can just click on "update video info" (without changing any options) and get the same result, though.