Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
OoT Rocks!
Hey, I've tried the deku tree on my real OoT cartrage and it's giving me some serious trouble. I got to the part where you have to take a lit deku stick across the water and burn the web...but I just keep falling. any tips? using mupen, I can relode a savestate if I screw up;though using n64 I can't. I must have fallen like 100 times. I'm going to try again...
He's back!
You could always use the flame storage glitch by pressing the deku stick button setting it alight, and then the slingshot button and then canceling it by pressing A, that way it won't matter if you fall in the water, but as soon as you cross a loading area like the tunnel or opening a door then the glitch is lost.
OoT Rocks!
would that glitch give you unlimited time to do puzzles like where you have to light the 2 unlit torches in the room after the spike log or the one where you need to light the web on fire in the room after the 3 torches?
As long as you are in the same room and the puzzle isn't timed by a switch (the tick tock noise still haunts me in my sleep) you have plenty of time to light up torches if you've performed the glitch in advance.
OoT Rocks!
Hey, Anyone know where I can get the Ocarina of Time Debug rom?
Also, if anyone has a savestate for the miniboss Wart in Majora's Mask, can you please send it to me?
OoT Rocks!
Question for you:
My old deku tree run was just over 11 minutes. I am trying to get sub-10 so it can go on youtube. my new time is 10:05, without using the fastest Gohma stratigy. will youtube accept this or do I need to use the fastest gohma stratigy in order to get it on youtube. I'm guessing that the fastest gohma strat will bring my time down to 9:40 or so. that includes all 3 skulltulas, the cumpass as well as the map.

I also used n-rage version 1.60 so hopefully the problems you are talking about won't be there.
Existence as you know it is over
I use nrage 1.83, the latest version.
OoT Rocks!
It's inaccessible with jaws.
Also, Laughing_Gas, do you have an answer to my earlier questions(about the OoT debug rom as well as the MM miniboss?)
You aren't allowed to ask for roms at this site, and I've never gotten that far in MM.
OoT Rocks!
what saves do you have for OoT that might be of interest to me?
I HATE SDA!! (Kirby8943)
Quote:
Question for you:
My old deku tree run was just over 11 minutes. I am trying to get sub-10 so it can go on youtube. my new time is 10:05, without using the fastest Gohma stratigy. will youtube accept this or do I need to use the fastest gohma stratigy in order to get it on youtube. I'm guessing that the fastest gohma strat will bring my time down to 9:40 or so. that includes all 3 skulltulas, the cumpass as well as the map.

I also used n-rage version 1.60 so hopefully the problems you are talking about won't be there.

Youtube accepts anything as long as it's on the right file.
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-30 06:24:06 pm
Quote:
Youtube accepts anything as long as it's on the right file.

Arrgghh, he's talking about the 10 min limit on vids.
Edit history:
Kirby8943: 2007-03-30 06:29:57 pm
I HATE SDA!! (Kirby8943)
Quote:

Arrgghh, he's talking about the 10 min limit on vids.

yeah but he could make it into 2 parts.
OoT Rocks!
Yeah I could but would rather try to impress people by getting under 10 minutes and getting it up in one. I'm getting used to backwalking and sidehopping as I realize that I can't cut much time without them. I find backwalking much easier, though I use sidehopping extensively in the very first room.
Which one is faster?
backwalking is better for long distances, sidehops are better for short treks where it would take more time to turn around, as well as slopes.
OoT Rocks!
http://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BtRGw2a0Q4NVUwTVE9PQ

It's the plugin, as well as my new deku tree run. I managed to cut 18 seconds off of it this morning by redoing the very end(Last room where you have to ignite the web, the 231 puzzle and the boss).
I didn't use the fastest possible boss strat though I did find a way to stop the boss from getting up so I kept her down and attacked her until she was dead. I prefer this strat because to me it's kinda funny(Hey, I'm Queen Gohma! I'm being attacked with a sword so I think I'll just stay right here and let him hit me as many times as he wants! I'm a smart spider!)
Anyways, Here it is...
using your plugin Mupen froze, and I couldn't access the menu or exit button (I had to use ctrl-alt-del to get out)
OoT Rocks!
http://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BtRGx5VnNOQncwTVE9PQ

Then use my installation of mupen instead. I suspect that mine might have miner graphics config problems but it shouldn't be an issue.
If not, Please try creating a new mupen install in a different directory as yours so it won't afect yours, then try my m64 with it using nrage 1.60 or 1.61.
OoT Rocks!
did you get that?
your version of mupen doesn't even work on my comp (it shows up in the desktop toolbar but the main screen never comes up)
OoT Rocks!
you have to go and right-click it on the taskbar and click maximize. Otherwise, try my other suggestion[create a new mupen install in a different directory]
your version of mupen freezes too using that plugin, and the only way to reinstall is to delete my other mupen and its settings, so I'm very sorry I cant do this because I have tasing projects to keep up, maybe someone else can take a shot at this.
OoT Rocks!
you do not have to delete it. you install do a different directory as I explained. when you open the mupen installer, it asks you what directory you want to extract the files to. don't select the same one that your mupen install is in.
The problem is that since i already have mupen installed, running the installer would just bring up the my mupen window.
OoT Rocks!
2 solutions:
1] move your mupen directory temperarilly to another directory or even to a zip so the installer can't see it.
2] you could pack up your mupen directory and put it on yousendit. I could redo the dekutree using your mupen install.
though I'mm prety sure if you move it out of program files temperarrilly the installer will be blind to it.