--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
OoT Rocks!
did it work?
Existence as you know it is over
no, the installer still brings up the mupen window.
OoT Rocks!
can you send me your meupn directory in a zip file? I'll just redo it on their.
http://download.yousendit.com/F61A7F2E700E9B58
OoT Rocks!
Can you send it in a .zip? the workaround I use to collect it at school doesn't work otherwise and they don't have WinRar archiver on their machines. I have it on my laptop but can't get the file to it.
Also, if you play my movie in your mupen with your prefered plugins, will it sinc up or not?
http://download.yousendit.com/DEAD8C6512C82A78

I believe you have to use nrage 1.83 in order for it to sync up.
OoT Rocks!
I played back my recording using your mupen settings and it works. it gives a stupid warning message when you start playing, but it will not desynch!
I just played it back using nrage 1.83 and it desynched right after you got the slingshot.
Edit history:
Jordan: 2007-04-03 01:29:54 am
OoT Rocks!
Why wouldn't it do that on mine?

that's the newest one you are talking about? the 9:47 completion time?
dunno, typically m64 files play back better on the native computer.
OoT Rocks!
does guano's tas desynch on you every time on your machine? try setting up your settings exactly as you would if you were going to play his run.
Quote:
does guano's tas desynch on you every time on your machine?

yes it does, which is why some of the members are kind enough to encode mkvs.
OoT Rocks!
any chance your plugin settings(graphics, audio, input etc) are personed up? have you tried messing around with them?
They're exactly the same as the ones used by the movie file, with the exception of nrage 1.83
OoT Rocks!
could your nrage 1.83's configuration be different. maybe the config of your graphics plugin(not using a different plugin but a different config of the same one)?
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-04-03 02:08:17 am
Honestly, I don't have time to test every config for the graphic plugin, it's easier if you just use the built-in avi capture function in Mupen, just play the m64 and then select avi capture, not the other way around, use xvid compression when it asks for codec, and it should output a video with sound, never fails for me.
OoT Rocks!
I'm not refering to making the graphics plugin capture, I'm talking about messing around with the plugin settings until the m64 finally doesn't desynch. I've messed up mupen before by changing settings(not the plugins, but other settings) or the settings of the plugins, and everything started desynching.
OoT Rocks!
Any chance I could get my hands on Mukki's current MM tas progress, weather Desynch-infected or otherwise?
OoT Rocks!
I discovered something that's truely amazing! Some people say that this may allow me to beat most, if not All of OoT some day!
I have a program on my computer called "Game Cheater". This program allows the gamer to search for the memmory locations where the game stores it's information. After you have found these numerical values, the player can then read or change the contents of the value.
It is said that this application could find the X/Y co-ordinates of the player(Link in this case) on the game's grid.
It would take a long time, but if I found someone to right up a detailed walkthrough of the game that described exactly which grid positions I had to go to to reach objectives, which grid positions obsticals(like chasms) were located etc, I may actually be able to beat all of OoT and/or MM.
There would be a fiew hickups, but nothing that couldn't be overcome(like moving obsticals).
This would be hard to do, but my dreams for years now have been to beat all of this game.
Can you guys please tell me what you think?

As for Kirby8943, I got your video;However, the school's security system blocks youtube for some reason. Maybe I can get it and listen to it come Friday or Saturday.
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-04-30 03:46:04 pm
But how would you precisely get from point A to point B? Do you just punch in the coordinates and the program does the moving for you? Other than I really don't see how it could help.
OoT Rocks!
It's like this:
Someone rights a walkthrough that looks like:
Walk straight until you are at position x: something Y: something.
Then go right until you are at Something: Something.
It would be like that...
OoT Rocks!
I got my problem with capturing my dekutree accomplishment in muupen worked out. What can I use to compress the video?
xvid
OoT Rocks!
it's still 215 mb.
how do I get that small enough to put on youtube.
wise fwom yo gwave
Compress the audio.