Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
trust the fungus
i'm about five months late, but i just read every word of this thread and am absolutely fascinated. i clicked on all three videos, excited to see your accomplishment, only to find two removed and one without visuals. (how ironic.) i'm really, really looking forward to watching this. i hope you're able to finish the game. i've never played ocarina of time so i can't help you out, but this place loves its zelda and i'm sure they will answer anything they can.

i have a couple questions if you don't mind - how old are you? how long have you been trying to complete ocarina of time?

good luck!
OoT Rocks!
Very good questions:
I'm 16, turning 19(Just kidding, turning 17) on May 8th.
The ocarina of time question is quite rellavent to this time of year. on March break 2004, my mom had one of her coworkers over who brought her son. he offered to help me with OoT as I had just gotten it for the emu. Actually, my love for OoT goes all the way back to 2001, when a gradeschool buddy and I played the heck out of it on n64. I learned to do the fishing game, fight anomies and tried to fight ganondorf(the last boss). then years later I started playing it on a friends game here at the school I now go to. a year later when another friend got it, that's when I really got obsessed  with it. I asked him to take me to ganondorf a lot, but he got really mad!
I then heard about emulaters and downloaded project64. that's when mom's coworkers son came and beat the deku tree for me. I learned to beat gohma that night.
I used cheats, then slowly took them off and can now beat her in less than 10 seconds(I didn't do that in my recording, though I did it in a way I've never done before)
I then got access to and beat a fiew others, but others couldn't be accessed through cheats.

with that, I had to get people to  take me to them. so now, I've learned to beat most bosses and minibosses, and now the deku tree!
Laughing_Gas, how can I send you my files, do I pm you, e-mail?
Existence as you know it is over
Quote:
Laughing_Gas, how can I send you my files, do I pm you, e-mail?

You can upload them to http://www.yousendit.com and then post the link here. Just put your own email when it asks for "recipient's email".
OoT Rocks!
I'm confused. I have to uplode this thing, e-mail it to myself, then post a link that will let someone directly into my inbox?
do I have to make an account to use yousendit? is it accessible(No immage verification system)?

can't you just send an e-mail to jv_erner@hotmail.com, then I can send them as e-mail attachments?
You don't have to create an account. After you upload the file it will provide a link to the uploaded file, not to your email account.
OoT Rocks!
The yousendit link to ocarinaoftime.zip is:
http://download.yousendit.com/9BA40E5F10538309

Here's what you do: there are 3 files in it. one is .sra, one is .m64 and the last is .st. put the sra in the mupen directory\save directory(you will need to overright any that's in there already). then put the other files somewhere and you can play back the recording. when you have the avi captured, can you please just put it back up on yousendit and then I can put it on youtube again.
Thanks Kindly Laughing_Gas for your help!

Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-08 04:25:50 pm
Your savestate isn't working. It's only 26 kb, when normally Mupen savestates are over 1 mb. Please send me a new savestate, and don't rename it (e.g. leave it as Legend of Zelda, The (U) (V1.0) [!].st1)
OoT Rocks!
that's not the name of it anyways. it's dekutree.st since the m64 file is dekutree.m64 starting from snapshot.
you need the .sra file in the save directory since the snapshot is created before loading of game file.
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-09 12:12:16 am
If you rename the savestate anything other than what it was originally named, Mupen won't load it. Anyhow, if you missed my last post the savestate you provided me was only 26 kb. Mupen savestates are never that small. Maybe you mistook a .eep file for a savestate.

EDIT: never mind, I see what you mean. I'll see if nrage 1.83 works with your movie settings.

EDIT2: okay the movie desynchs at the very beginning when I use NRage 1.83, but when I use NRage 1.61 (which is what the movie uses) it freezes Mupen and I can't access any of the menu options, did you use Mupen 0.5 and can you send me a copy of the input plugin you used?
Anymore progress?
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-10 07:34:29 am
Well, no, until I can get the .m64 to not desynch. He hasn't sent me the plugin yet.
OoT Rocks!
http://download.yousendit.com/DE37849A58E44EE3

it's a yousendit link to a new dekutree run that is done with a more normal savestate that won't have the same problems as the last. as for the plugin, it's n-rage version 1.61 directly from the project64 1.6 directory. if you want me to redo it using a different plugin config, that's an option as well.
Try this plz, and let me know what happens.
The movie desynchs after you get the slingshot.
OoT Rocks!
your mupen settings are all personed up then. it doesn't desynch on mine. are you talking about the new movie?
Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-13 10:52:19 pm
Quote:
are you talking about the new movie?

Yeah.
OoT Rocks!
Like I say, your mupen settings are personed up. I tried capturing again last night, apparently all that shows is a picture of inside the deku tree, no Link or anything. as well at one point there is an apparent image of queen gohma's eye but no link. any idea what's going on? as for the settings, I bet it would work if you configged mupen the same way as you would if you were about to play guano's tas.

Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-14 09:20:36 pm
Quote:
apparently all that shows is a picture of inside the deku tree, no Link or anything. as well at one point there is an apparent image of queen gohma's eye but no link.

Wait, you can see now?

edit: whenever I use NRage 1.61 and play the movie, Mupen refuses to let me access the menu options. Unless that can be fixed, no progress can be made.
Edit history:
Jordan: 2007-03-14 09:51:19 pm
OoT Rocks!
No, I can't see now. that's why I said "APPARENT!"
http://www.dictionary.com

I had someone else look at it and report back to me. what menue options can't you access? maybe I can just redo the dungeon and try again. I also downloaded virtual dub, maybe that'll fix it?
I don't understand the menu problem, I can access the menu just fine. I think something's up with your mupen---have you tried a fresh mupen install?

O yeah! just remembered, you can't use the menu while on fullscrean, it doesn't work, try the following keystoke: Alt You(the letter, not the word) the stupid forum wouldn't let me post when I just put the letter by itself and it said I failed at inglesh! what a stupid rule!

Edit history:
laughing_gas: 2007-03-15 02:03:32 am
I never use Mupen in fullscreen, but I still get the menu problem. Basically what happens is that it doesn't open up the menu options when I click on them.

edit: That only happens if I'm playing back an .m64, i can access the menu fine otherwise.
OoT Rocks!
to me that doesn't make sence. have you tried a fresh mupen install?
I use version 0.5, which i believe is the only re-recording version. Reinstalling it probably won't fix the problem, and it will mess up the configs for my other tasing projects. Can you just send me a copy of nrage 1.61?
OoT Rocks!
I will send the plugin later tonight;though I don't understand how it would make a difference.
Also, I'm trying to find TSA's old deku tree runs from his 3 OoT speed runs. there is one room in particular that I want to hear how he does again(don't remember how he does it). that particular room is one that I find a serious pain.
is there anywhere I can get them without having to download the entire run? are they on youtube? does he have a youtube account?
You can find them on google video, most probably, and then skip straight to the deku tree part.
OoT Rocks!
I have a question about TSA's dekutree run:
In the room with the 3 torches(1 of them is lit, 2 of them are unlit)(which was the room I was cureous about), why does he light up a deku stick in that room and cary it through the door to the next room to burn the web with it? why not get the stick lit using the torch in the web room?
because it takes more time to get to the torch in the web room.