--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
OoT Rocks!
With what?
Long live SF64!
So you could navigate the game by proceding to certain ordered pairs of coordinates - sounds very interesting.

How would you know your current position?  Would the program speak Link's coordinates to you and then you would control Link along a course which brings you to the next desired coordinate?

That sounds a lot like the activity called orienteering where people use a compass and a set of instructions to navigate a course to reach a specific destination.  In orienteering, the compass direction, and the distance to travel are known.  In your case the coordinates are known.  Perhaps a simple program could convert the series of coordinates into directions and distances which you could then navigate based on verbal responses from the cheating program.  Does this make any sense?
OoT Rocks!
You've almost got the right idea.
I'd have to frequently pause the game and read the grid positions from the cheat program using my screan reading software(JAWS) as described earlier in the thread.
Only problem is:
Finding someone to create such a walkthrough that would tell me which co-ordinates things are at(Objectives, Obsticals etc). It would even have to include exactly when to turn every corner in co-ordinates(Most Likely).
I'd imagine it would take longer than just to beat the game normally, but it would really be great if someone would be willing to do that. I'd guess now that creating this kind of walkthrough would probably take you about the same amount of time it would take you to beat the game 3 times or so(That's 3 non-speedrun completions of corse).
I think this would work best as a team effort, If we could all pitch in and map out say one dungeon a piece, and go from there it'd be better, however I can't help you I only played OoT from a borrowed n64...
OoT Rocks!
That would be really great.
If half of you did the mapping for Majora's Mask and the other half did OoT;as well, using the "one dungeon each" method or something.
I'm also trying to upload my deku run to youtube but it's taking for ever(over 2 hours). 100 mb, how long should that take on a desant high speed wireless?
Existence as you know it is over
High speed wireless takes forever compared to high speed wired.
OoT Rocks!
Isn't youtube supposed to have some kind of progress bar?
all it says is "uploading..." and no percentage or anything.

It's been "uploading" for almost 3 hours now and it's only 94 megs.
Food goes in here
Just keep waiting I guess.

Or re-upload it.
I HATE SDA!! (Kirby8943)
Quote:
Just keep waiting I guess.

Or re-upload it.

Yeah I've had a upload last 1 hour and a half and I got High speed wired internet. Sometimes my uploads don't even work after all that time and I have to try again.
OoT Rocks!
any idea why an upload would cancel itself?
breaks in the connection.
I HATE SDA!! (Kirby8943)
Quote:
any idea why an upload would cancel itself?

No Idea.
Food goes in here
Or maybe the server gets too busy? Not sure.
Quote:

No Idea.

Quote:
Then don't post you dumbshit.
Edit history:
Kirby8943: 2007-05-05 10:41:34 pm
I HATE SDA!! (Kirby8943)
He asked me a question lard face. Of course I'm going to answer him.
Quote:
Of course I'm going to answer him.

These kind of useless answers are reserved for AIM.
This is a bit random and maybe off topic, but I found this video on youtube and just had to find an OoT topic to post it in. I don't  think its already been talked about here.

OoT with Wii TP controls!
Long live SF64!
Quote:
Isn't youtube supposed to have some kind of progress bar?
all it says is "uploading..." and no percentage or anything.

It's been "uploading" for almost 3 hours now and it's only 94 megs.

If the progress bar stops moving then I usually just cancel the upload and try it again.  Sometimes it just gets stuck in my experience.  I press a button that says something like "Press Here if you're having trouble uploading" or something, then I go back to the previous page and click OK or Submit or whatever, and go through the process again.  If there's no way to read any text associated with the progress bar, then I'm not sure how to proceed.

How would those willing to help you know how to map out the levels of OoT?  Would we need the program you're reffering to? 
OoT Rocks!
When trying to upload, I even had my sister look at my screen;it's not that the progress bar is not moving, but rather Non-Existant.
You would need the program I am using(which I can send to you) in order to do this.
If anyone's willing to help, can you please either post to this forum, send me a PM or e-mail me at jv_erner@hotmail.com?
and I agree with laughing_Gas that posts saying "No idea", "I don't know", "Can't help you" etc are not needed. if you have no idea or can't help with something then there's no sence posting. it also is anoying to read through crap like that(Don't mean any offence).
OoT Rocks!
Is there anyone here who would be willing to map out the game as described earlier?
Thanks Kindly.
OoT Rocks!
My deku tree accomplishment is now up, and it's working!

Please tell me what you guys think.
He's back!
How many savestates did that take and was someone pointing out where to go, since all of that would have been impossible in continution, also how come when you leave the water in the deku scrub everything on the C-buttons is suddenly depleted.
OoT Rocks!
It did take quite a fiew savestates but absolutely noone helping me.
I axidentally pressed "L" while falling into the water on the way down to the 231 puzzle. any chance that could have done it?
Food goes in here
Simply amazing, congrats man! I never thought it could be done. You were incredibly precise most of the time, especially with the slingshot. For a second there I thought you were gonna use the damage boost through the spikes glitch, that would've been cool. I guess I'm just so use to seeing done that way.

Although you definitely could have used power crouch stabs on queen gohma.
inspirational man, keep it up  Wink