Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Professional Second Banana
Signups for attendance/volunteering will start in a few weeks, around the time we post the full marathon schedule.
Quote from puwexil:
Signups for attendance/volunteering will start in a few weeks, around the time we post the full marathon schedule.

Great thank you!
<(^_^)>
Will there be a place to publicly discuss roommate options and such, similarly to AGDQ/SGDQ? That would be really convenient since I plan on being there for probably the latter half of the event.
Quote from kirbymastah:
Will there be a place to publicly discuss roommate options and such, similarly to AGDQ/SGDQ? That would be really convenient since I plan on being there for probably the latter half of the event.

Yeah - we'll get something like that going when signups start.
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
So I've mentioned to others that I want to host a 3v3 teams Smash 4 tournament with an RPG themed ruleset. It'll be a fun, goofy thing to not take seriously, but should be a fun afternoon or something. I'm sure we'll probably try to actually finish our Theatrhythm tourney this time?
Quote from Ghoul02:
So I've mentioned to others that I want to host a 3v3 teams Smash 4 tournament with an RPG themed ruleset. It'll be a fun, goofy thing to not take seriously, but should be a fun afternoon or something. I'm sure we'll probably try to actually finish our Theatrhythm tourney this time?

Any/all tournaments & other side events people want to organize are definitely welcome!
Will there be a separate thread for side events after signups start?
Quote from StingerPA:
Will there be a separate thread for side events after signups start?

I'll probably start a general 'Attendees' thread to cover both that and arranging roommates.
The best way out is always through!
I'm absolutely down for volunteering and I've got some prizes I'd like to donate, especially after seeing the games list. I'm guessing there will be a separate prize thread?
Quote from rizu-kun:
I'm absolutely down for volunteering and I've got some prizes I'd like to donate, especially after seeing the games list. I'm guessing there will be a separate prize thread?

There will be, similar to last year's: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2015__prize_thread.html
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
So, this is a question for staff.  Saturday Morning RPG just got an update 45 minutes ago that I am currently downloading.  It adds another episode to the story (when I submitted, there were 4 episodes and my any% played 1,2,4 and then 3 in that order.)  I have no idea how much time this 5th episode will take to play through.  Should I see how long it will take to add into the run, or just change the category to Any% 1-4 to make up for the fact episode 5 didn't exist when I submitted the run?
Edit: If episode 5 isn't too long, I would also be fine offering it as a donation incentive and keeping the official run as Any% 1-4.  But this is certainly an interesting issue to arise.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote:
It adds another episode to the story

Ooo.  That is a cool problem to have.  LOL
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
If the extra time is needed, Yo-Kai watch can safely have 10 minutes cut from the estimate.
CosmykTheDolfyn: Wow, that's a new one.  Go ahead and route the new episode, and we'll go from there depending on how long it would take to speedrun.

Ghoul02: Does your 3:15 estimate already include time for the Vs. mode incentive?  If not, let's leave it at 3:15 to account for that.
Edit history:
Ghoul02: 2016-02-08 06:18:22 pm
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
It's hard to say - I haven't ever personally used the vs mode, so I have no idea how long it actually will take, but I'd assume not more than 5-10 minutes.
I did a race last night with a Japanese runner, in which both of us were done with the game at 2:51 (http://www.speedrunslive.com/races/result/#!/160875). To note, I had over 4 minutes of bad RNG at the start of the run (this is essentially worst case scenario - I didn't think it could ever be this bad), and the rest of the run wasn't anything special or particularly good - it was 10 minutes behind PB when all was said and done, and my PB has probably 5+ minutes to save. Osey is doing a live marathon run next weekend so we can get more data there, but I'd say that even with the vs mode incentive, there's a very real chance that we end up 10-15 minutes under estimate.
Edit history:
CosmykTheDolfyn: 2016-02-08 06:45:50 pm
CosmykTheDolfyn: 2016-02-08 06:45:30 pm
CosmykTheDolfyn: 2016-02-08 06:45:30 pm
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from puwexil:
CosmykTheDolfyn: Wow, that's a new one.  Go ahead and route the new episode, and we'll go from there depending on how long it would take to speedrun.

Ghoul02: Does your 3:15 estimate already include time for the Vs. mode incentive?  If not, let's leave it at 3:15 to account for that.

I got to the final boss of the new episode casually in an hour, except this boss comes with a new hitch that negates the technique I've used and abused to make the game speedrunnable in the first place.  I'm really going to have to route out new stuff to even figure out what level I need to be, etc. to even fight the guy.  Will report on more in the next few days.  But, the chapter itself seems short (again, casually took an hour, that included being lost in a maze 20 minutes and solving a few sidequests to see if they yielded useful items: they didn't.  Plus, I goofed around with a glitch I found where I can open the menu and still control the character in the background at the same time).
Edit:  This glitch is seriously fun. http://www.twitch.tv/cosmykthedolfyn/v/42591783
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Further edit:  I have done testing and come up with working strats for the new final boss.  I think new episode will add about 20-30 minutes, but there is a door to the final boss that I have no idea how I honestly opened it.  I'm afraid it may be time based.  But, the new boss will be a piece of cake now that I have a new routine for him, and it won't require new items or extra grinding.  So, I think it will be 20-30 minutes extra for episode 5 when all is said and done.  Will update with more when I can test it in an actual full run.
Edit: This game does allow for single level practice, and an attempt at Chapter 5 took 23 minutes and 11 seconds, from file selection to escaping the space station in the final boss battle.  There were some mistakes, but the final sequence takes about 2 minutes after timer will stop.  I feel safe in increasing estimate to 1:45 from 1:15 if we do add in chapter 5.  There is a door that opens that is required to reach the final boss, and I feel like it can be triggered to be opened faster.  If so, then we'll save more time and could probably bump down the estimate a little more.  Again, will keep posted.  It's not like a bunch of new story was added to the game today or anything and I'm scrambling to route it in.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-02-11 08:04:47 pm
puwexil: 2016-02-11 05:24:37 pm
puwexil: 2016-02-11 12:32:55 pm
puwexil: 2016-02-10 08:59:31 pm
Registration for RPG Limit Break 2016 is now open!

RPG Limit Break 2016 Registration Form: http://goo.gl/forms/Z0FmczKhed
Registration/Payment Deadline: 4/1/16, 11:59PM EDT
Attendance Fee: $50 USD for full event, $20 USD for a single day - payable via PayPal to RPGLimitBreak~AT~gmail~DOT~com (or alternative arrangements with puwexil if you can't or don't use PayPal).  Please either mark the payment as a 'gift' (send money to friends or family) or add 4% to cover PayPal transaction fees.

Hotel Info:
University Guest House & Conference Center
110 South Fort Douglas Blvd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
1-888-416-4075 (toll-free) or 801-587-1000

Directions: http://www.universityguesthouse.com/Location-Transportation
For people flying in, we highly recommend taking the TRAX light rail as that's only $2.50 each way (take Green Line from airport to Court House stop, transfer to Red Line, take Red Line to Fort Douglas stop).  Trains run every 15 minutes between roughly 6AM-11PM MST, and the full schedule can be found at http://www.rideuta.com/uploads/route703dec2015sch.pdf.

Hotel rooms (before taxes) are $109/night for 1-2 people and $119/night for 3-4 people (so a 4-person room would be approximately $30-35 per person per night if split evenly), and our event rate is good from 5/5-5/17.  Roommate arrangements can be made via the RPGLB 2016 attendees thread at https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2016_attendees_thread_roommates_onsite_activities_etc..html.

Room reservations can be made by phone (the hotel unfortunately does not offer online reservations), at 1-888-416-4075, and need to be made by April 8th, 2016 to quality for our event rate.  Only 1 person per room (who needs to be at least 18 years old) needs to call to make the reservation, though the hotel will need the names of all occupants prior to check-in, along with whether or not the bill should be split.  A credit card is needed to place the reservation, but will not be authorized until check-in.  When calling, please mention that you're attending RPG Limit Break, so you get the event rate.

The attendance fee for RPG Limit Break 2016 will be $50 for the full event, or $20 for a single day.  All attendees must be at least 18 years old - minors are welcome to attend free of charge, as long as they’re accompanied by a parent/guardian that is registered & paid.  Based on the amount of conference room space we’ll have, we’re going to cap attendance at 100 people.  If we end up hitting the cap, we’ll see if there’s any options to add more space - otherwise we’ll definitely pursue a bigger venue for RPGLB 2017.
Just to clarify, runners do or do not register this way?
It's the same registration process for all attendees this year, whether a runner or not.
thumbsup
Last year we opened volunteer signups after registration closed, but this year we’re starting it concurrently with registrations.

The signup form: http://goo.gl/forms/IWF8Am7E7T

A quick summary of each position:
Tech: setting up for each run, both physical setup and layout; changing Twitch game descriptions; adjusting stream details and audio balance as necessary; maintain stream quality;  setting up; and Donations work (see below).
Donations: processing donations; screening comments and sending them to the host as appropriate; fixing issues with donations; creating new challenges and incentives as necessary and appropriate.
Hosting: reading donation comments and announcements; not interrupting commentary flow; Donations work (see above) as time allows.

And to be clear: yes, that means that all volunteers will be processing donations.

If you have no prior experience volunteering at an onsite marathon, don’t be afraid!  We will train you.

Don’t worry about any days you might not be attending or when your run is; I’ll take that into account.

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so either on this forum or via twitter @AlecK47goesfast.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-02-10 09:16:05 pm
Also, Essentia has started an Attendees thread, which will include roommate finding and side event planning.

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2016_attendees_thread_roommates_onsite_activities_etc..html
Why Hello it is Me
So I registered and am considering volunteering, however I have a lot of things to schedule for the event and as such I wish to hold off on what I volunteer for for now. Is there a deadline for volunteering signups? Should schedules change and availability opens up, would we be able to sign up onsite for additional tasks if need be? Just wanting to gauge more how those are going to work.
You can wait to sign up if you need to, but I will of course need some time before the event to get everyone scheduled.  I can't give a hard date for that yet, but you definitely have some time.  Also if things change you can always edit your volunteer submission or contact me.